Formula One

• @sentinel-beach

I might punch through three episodes then. I need the drama. I literally cannot wait to watch tonight so I’m gonna ask, but they did have Mercedes and Ferrari access this year right? Cause I really want to see BTS of some of the Mercedes blown races and especially the race when Vettel and Leclerc killed each other.

• @dipset Yeah, the Big Boys are IN this season! The Hockenheim fiasco should be a glorious episode. :D

• No Australian GP this weekend, as I'm sure everyone interested has noticed. And in fact the whole start of the season is postponed with all the GPs for the next two months being skipped. The latest seems to be that the season could start at the end of May or in early June, maybe? Rough times in sports everywhere now.

• Global Moderator

Yeah, sad to see that we dont get any race, but health first! I wonder when it will start and how they will handle it. I mean max amount of parts/engines wont be an issue if they keep it the same but only half the races. Also what will it mean in terms of the championship and the table?

• I'm really happy that it gets to be Sainz in the Red Car next year. His forward momentum on McLaren has been rewarding to witness and now he gets his next step, into a Big Three car.

With Vettel leaving the sport (still not 100 % sure, but I would think so) and Ricciardo moving on to McLaren in 2021 there'll be an open seat at Renault. The rumour has it there's even a possibility of a certain Spanish Samurai to return... O_o We'll see.

• Vettel's "decline" was kinda sad to see over the past 2 seasons. But then I think about it and its not really sad necessarily, just disappointing. It reminds me of when Tiger Woods took a nose dive in the rankings and never really bounced back until 2019. I never felt "bad" for Tiger, but it was strange to see a hero of the sport struggle so much.

If you watch some of the better races Carlos Sainz had in the past 2 seasons, he takes opportunities when they are there, but he also makes them happen too. That's pretty much what makes an elite athlete - creating advantageous opportunities. I haven't paid much attention to how he is in qualifying or how fast he is relative to Lando, but on race day, he does bump up positions by being consistent and seizing the opportunity to take a gap.

Hottake but if Alonso comes back he will act like he has a chip on his shoulder but have nothing to show for it yet somehow perceive he's the best on-track. I feel like its a bad move to invest in him.

• Also this

• Yeah Riccardo to McLaren makes sense to me. Fact of the matter is that he's 30 years old and one of the fastest drivers. He isn't getting younger and should join a team on an upward trajectory. I haven't checked in on it but McLaren is making a brand new wind tunnel and really taking their formula to the next level. Renault threw a jab at Riccardo about loyalty but eff that noise - Renault didn't support their drivers enough last season and that's the bottom line.

• Global Moderator

There are a provisional calender we got now! seems like at least the first races will be without audience
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/149421/provisional-2020-f1-calendar-takes-shape