Formula One

• @phbz

That dive bomb was turn 1 in any Forza 7 lobby.

Good race, it was also extra nice that Dallas Cowboys had a bye week so I could watch the grand prix. The awesome part about of F1 is that I can watch the GP from 8-10am then watch NFL later at 1pm.

• I don't know a whole lot about construction, but doesn't this circuit look more like 365 days away from being completed as opposed to 31 days in which F1 will be racing here?

Youtube Video

The road isn't even paved yet. Roads can be dangerous and slippery for up to 4-5 years after being paved or repaved, yet, they are bragging about blind corners at 300km/h. We all know how production works. You cut corners and rush hard to hit the deadlines. I really hope this circuit gets completed and is safe.

Also, how is this a street circuit?

• @dipset Yeah that looks a long way from being ready but there's no lack of money over there.

• Great sprint race!

• Overall, pretty enjoyable GP Weekend from practices to qualifiers to races.

I really don't understand where the blazing fast straight line speed from Hamilton came from. He was absolute lightening to the point where idk what anybody could've done more than what transpired. Brazil stays one of my all time favourites in both F1 on TV in real life, and racing video games. Also, amazing atmosphere that translates well into TV.

• @dipset I've seen people talking about Hamilton changing engine in the remaining GPs taking the penalty and outpace everyone.

• Kind of a boring race but with the fight so lit even the boring ones are nerve wracking.

Just want to say that Bottas is the perfect combination of mediocre race craft and bad luck. Also, not a big fan of Redbull being a 4 car team.

Excellent to see Alonso having such a great season.

• @phbz I think the race had more drama than I expected. All those punctures and some of the overtakes and battles were cool. The race is much better than the track's design.

As for Alonso it's great to see him on the podium for the first time since 2014. I don't agree that Alonso's season has been great but it's been ok.

• These modern circuits in the back half of the calendar don't do such a tense championship any justice. Honestly, can we just get rid of like half of these? 5 of the back 11 races have good circuits unless Saudi Arabia proves me wrong (I doubt it). It just doesn't seem worth waking up at 9am for a non-race where all passing is in the pitlane straight and nobody can follow behind in corners.

Who designs these and who greenlights them?

• @dipset Saudi is a pretty cool track design wise judging from racing around it on the F1 2021 game.

Herman Tilke is usually the one credited for most of these designs and the FIA greenlights them if they are given grade 1-which means they are the only tracks worthy of hosting GPs in F1.

• @jdincinerator

Now that you say it, I've seen that name floating around before. So many new circuits seem so samey and have these long straights with long swooping turns that don't really allow following. Not to mention the extremely forgiving runoff areas. I hope Saudi Arabia provides decent racing because it's pitiful for a whole season to end on back-to-back-to-back duds. I almost wish Brazil was pushed to the end.

Not sure what FIA qualifies as Grade-1 but my assumption is that the requirement is X-amount of seating in the grandstand and a serious consideration for evacuation and safety. Pretty much like a FIFA World Cup standard of like 14'000 seats and fire escapes.