Formula One

• Yeah, this was a shitty race. Way too many unclear issues throughout the whole thing. And the hell were those offers? It was all just so... stupid. Like come on, be better at this, all of you involved.

• @sentinel-beach

I listened to the post-race interviews while playing Infinite today and both Toto, Hamilton, Horner, and Max all seem genuinely confused about the penalties and regiving positions, etc. Toto even said he didn't know if it was internal issue or FIA comms issue.

• @sentinel-beach I disagree the race wasn't shitty it was chaotic and I love that it was like that. Yeah I know the stop/start nature grinds everything to silly putty but I'd rather all this calamity than a boring forgettable race.

• @jdincinerator said in Formula One:

@sentinel-beach I disagree the race wasn't shitty it was chaotic and I love that it was like that. Yeah I know the stop/start nature grinds everything to silly putty but I'd rather all this calamity than a boring forgettable race.

I agree that I'll easily take this over a boring race. I kid you not, it was so tense at times that my stomach hurt. My big Mercedes friend whipped a pillow when Lewis hit Max.

That being said, if you watch the race replay, the whole integrity of the race was compromised from the 1st restart at around Lap 16 and never really recovered. The debris, the VSC's, the overall confusion about boundaries and rules. It just never stopped being a shit show for about 3/4ths of the race.

So that just feels sour.

• @dipset Yeah I agree it was a shit show as far as rule confusion and Max's antics were perhaps too extreme. Yet I yearn for the days when drivers just raced without worrying about the rules so much. The rules make F1 so lobotomized and if they weren't there then we could simply be entertained without all the messiness.

• Max was filthy and lucky to get out once again without any significant consequence (a 10 second penalty was added to Max because there was a dangerous deceleration but that is of no consequence) . Hamilton's collision into Max was a really dumb mistake that's on Lewis and he was fortunate to survive that, he should just stay behind Max as long as he needed but that was reckless of Max.

I like this track design but the walls need to go. And F1 needs to have rules like any sport, this is like a football player going off the field with the ball and occasionally that being a foul and others not. There's a track, the race must be done on the track and if eventually you go out you should not gain any advantage from it. It's a shame all this shit because both Max and Ham are driving like hell but their bad behaviours shouldn't be rewarded.

• Not sure if you guys are aware but the Abu Dhabi layout has been modified a bit to allow for better racing. I am quite pleased that these modifications have been made to allow for better racing, not sure when that's happened elsewhere in the past.

• @jdincinerator I know about it but don't know exactly what the modifications are.

• @phbz Here's a guide around the improved Abu Dhabi by Karun Chandok:
    Youtube Video

• @jdincinerator Not sure what to think. I get the changes but removing more technical parts because of how current F1 cars work is not ideal. Really hope next year there's improvements.

• Should I make this bet? Lewis is the Vegas favourite but I feel like this is Max's to lose and I don't think he's gonna lose. FYI - it's the houses money.

0_1639111715725_72459b66-8477-4488-a63a-e24b9344c42b-image.png

EDIT:

I laid down $25. Fuck it.

After FP2 this morning:
    0_1639159431464_0c817bfa-ffac-49ee-aaf9-e9693fee8fb8-image.png

• Kimi Räikkönen Animated, Narrated By Kimi Räikkönen

Youtube Video

This made me surprisingly emotional. Damn. It's over tomorrow. Kiitos Kimi for all these years. :')

• @dipset I put down £32 on Hamilton to come 1st in qualifying and the race. I of course lost it because Max qualified 1st. Still tempted to bet on Hamilton in the race and this time it's a win-win situation because if I lose the bet then I'll be too happy that Verstappen won that it more than makes up for losing money.

• Lmao

What a terrible but fitting finale.

• If this race had been a movie script, it wouldn't have been believable AT ALL. What. An. Ending. Like what the fuck, honestly. :D I'm happy it turned this way, change is good in this sport. And angry Toto is the best Toto, lolololol

• This is the happiest bet I've ever lost. Yes I put £40 on Hamilton and I couldn't be happier that I lost it and Max won.

• 0_1639326748702_256d8c24-7773-42f7-ae24-33eff8eebf37-image.png

"After several weeks of this you no longer give a flying fuck who actually wins; the only thing that matters is the point-spread. You find yourself scratching crazily at the screen, pleading for somebody to rip the lungs out of the junkie bastard who just threw an interception and then didn't even pretend to tackle the pig who ran it back for six points to beat the spread."

- Hunter S. Thompson

--

All kidding aside, I feel very happy for Max. He worked his ass off and got a freebie. It was a fucking insane finale and my dopamine is through the roof. Lewis worked his ass off all season to tie it up. He had a lot of luck work his way too.

FIA is woefully inconsistent, but I'm happy for Max.

Next year is the return of Ferrari vs Williams.

RIP RB vs Merc.

• YEEEESSSSSS!!!!

0_1639677444186_5c4efa96-7263-41fa-84ef-baecf4974ffb-image.png

Hotel was already booked and now the whole family got tickets for the whole weekend. Grandstand 15 on the hairpin. I can't believe we beat the bots. I'm soooooooo excited. I want to go to a GP at least once in my life and now I am!

Youtube Video

• ^ I hope everything goes well. :)

A tip from when I went to the Indy 500 - bring seat cushions, lots of water, and especially, something to protect the back of your neck from the sun... -_-

And perhaps binoculars too, given your set-back view.

• @oscillator

I just hope Covid doesn’t ruin it again. I used to go to Hamilton Tiger Cats CFL games every home game in the summers when I was little and the stadium used to have these dirty ol bench seats so I think I still have a seat cover from back when.

Man I’m just so excited. Montreal in the summer is awesome and the Grand Prix is icing on the cake.