Formula One

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Great first race of the season. Very happy for Max.😁

• @phbz Don't you like Max?

• @jdincinerator Not a bit.

• @phbz Oh why is that?

• @jdincinerator I just don't like his personality and driving style.

• I think I'm onboard the super sexy Ferrari ship this season. That car is fucking beautiful now! Leclerc and Sainz are guys that I can root for, nothing against them basically. Great speed and an immidiate 1-2. Although with some luck, sure, but that's all part of this sport, the mechanical side etc. What a cruel end for the 'Bulls.

The field feels exciting now, things have mixed up very nicely. Haas with zero points the whole last season and now immediately P5 for KMag. And despite Bottas's awful start he managed to get that P6 with Alfa. And even Zhou got a point in his debut! The guy drove extremely well, I thought.

• Does anybody know why tickets are available for all events EXCEPT Japan?

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Every F1 event allows for a certain amount of tickets strictly for people of the country where the GP takes place. Usually international sales go up before the reserved tickets.

My assumption is that Japan promotor is reserving a lot of tickets for domestic ticket buyers. I don't know that for certain, but that's what they did for the Olympics.

F1 Reddit Daily Thread might be a good place to ask and get a better answer.

• I'll be at the Canadian Grand Prix in 2 weeks. I'm going to bring my DSLR camera for the free pitlane walk on Friday morning so hopefully I get some pictures of the cars up close.

It's also going to be the start of the Stanley Cup so I'll have to cheer on my Avalanche from a bar in Montreal or something. Hoping for a Ferrari-Colorado 1-2 finish.

• Silverstone was brutally good! After the very scary incident with Zhou - which luckily ended up well - the GP was full of interest and tensions. The last ten-ish laps were insane! That was racing at its best. I'm really happy for Sainz's first win, even if it DID cost Leclerc this time around. Ferrari's strategy was once again questionable, shall we say. Kudos to Perez and Hamilton, great driving today. Max was unlucky but that only made the season as a whole better, more interesting.

• @sentinel-beach It's great to see Mick get his first points too!

• That was a really good race.

• Both Canadian and British GP's have some nice final 10-15 lap Safety Car shakeups. It was nice to see Sainz finish the job today.

The Ferrari strategy is getting blown out of proportion IMO. The team absolutely should make better and more authoritative decisions such as immediately letting Sainz through on Soft after the SC. But hindsight is 20:20 with the prospect of doing a double stack pit. Yes, they probably could've pulled it off and Leclerc could make up positions lost to the Merc with sheer horsepower over 10 laps. But all of that could've gone tits up if the double stack costed both of them positions and Perez takes the W. A Ferrari re-overtake for position isn't always guaranteed either with the better man in Silverstone getting overtakes done on margins of inches away from collisions.

It's more like footage and processes to dissect, but in the end we still won the damn race today. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

--

The Max vs Schumacher battle for 7th was actually really good if you go back and watch the on-boards. Again, Max held his spot by inches. The champ wasn't rolling over to a sophomore that easily. I think this is probably the last time Verstappen and Schumacher are racing wheel to wheel for a loooooooooooooong time (if ever again).

EDIT -
    Is there no summer break in 2022? The schedule looks non-stop.

• @dipset said in Formula One:

Is there no summer break in 2022? The schedule looks non-stop.

July is stacked with four races, yes. But then it'll be the four-week summer break before Belgium on August 28th.