Formula One

• I forgot to even comment the yesterday's race, as it was just mainly pretty boring. Räikkönen's car broke down and Ferrari botched Vettel's race as well with that extra pit stop that none other ended up taking. Bottas at least took the second place, but he was miles away from Hamilton. Leclerc did again a fine job.

In two weeks it'll be Monaco then. There it's pretty much all about the qualification.

• Global Moderator

Yeah Spain didnt offer much excitement. I suppose we are kinda entering the middle season now when things calm down a little, the teams get a bigger understanding of their cars and setups. I thought Ericsson holding of Sainz with his old tires was quite the good effort! Leclerc however keeps growing and growing in my eyes!

Monaco Im looking forward to, not so much just fir the race, but more for everything around it and the whole Monaco atmosphere is always great.

• Leclerc is beginning to look like a real star.

The biggest question for me is how much longer can Grosjean last if keeps driving as he is. If he puts it in the wall at Monaco and I think it could be the end of his time in F1.

• Yep, Grosjean for sure has started to tread on thin ice with the way his season has begun. The next few GPs should indicate if this trend continues, and if it does, it won't be good news for him.

• Not the best qualifications for the Finns in Monaco. Would've been interesting to see where Verstappen would've placed if his car had been ok.

• Verstappen has crashed.... yet again.

That’s every race weekend he’s found a way to hit something. Daniil Kvyat was kicked out the Bulls for less issues than that.

• Well, that was your average Monaco GP right there. Not the most exciting one. Verstappen made his 10 spot rise, that's about it. I'm sort of happy for Ricciardo in any case, though. He deserved this win. And at the end it's always nice to see Albert there. And Monaco just in general has its magic, it's something to do with the past, I think.

• Global Moderator

Yeah, Monaco will always be Monaco with its special feel and everything. The race itself was ok I guess. Felt good that Ricciardo finally got his redemption. no safety car came as a little bit of a surprise (even though we got virtual one). So close for Ericsson to be in the points again, p11 with about 1.5 seconds from Saintz. Looking forward to Canada next!

• First GP I've watched in a while. Seeing Ricciardo hold off Vettel was impressive, especially that moment around lap 70 where it seemed like Vettal as seconds from overtaking. I guess he's just lucky it happened in Monaco of all tracks.

Also, LOVED hearing Hamilton be grumpy about his tyres.

• French GP came and went. Nice driving from Kimi! He really found his speed especially towards the end, made it to the podium and got a neat gorilla trophy as a reward, heh. Turn 8 was where the magic happened to pretty much everyone, a big number of overtakes over there.

• Austrian GP had a bunch of surprises, the biggest of course that both Mercedes cars had to retire due to technical difficulties. That hadn't happened literally ever before since their 2010 debut/return. Kimi had a really good race. Damn, his win was so close, but nope, not enough laps. I'd just want to see him winning one more time before he's gone.

• Pretty great race in Silverstone. Especially after those safety cars, when both Mercedes' and Ferraris were so close to each others. Super exciting to watch. Shame about Bottas' tires, he fell all the way to fourth in an instance. On the other hand, a superb drive from Kimi! A massive 10s penalty didn't mean pretty much anything to him, still the third in the end. Really aggressive driving and attitude, I loved it. The season's going to be tight between Vettel and Hamilton.

• Global Moderator

It was a fun race to watch! I think this was one of the better Silverstone races we have had in a long time. Safety cars really spices up the races and the battle we got between Ferrari and Mercedes by the end was great and really shows why I love this sport. Poor Bottas loosing out in the end again, I really feel like they should of pitted him during the last safety car. It will be very interesting to see who wins the championship this year.

• Hockenheim turned into quite a chaos when the raindrops started to appear. That situation with Vettel, oh man. What even happened, it look so harmless and slow. Well, Schadenfreude was what I felt. I had thought that Hamilton would make in into the podium, but the 1st place was still huge. Great drive from both Finns. Loved that dialogue between Kimi and the team when they were telling him to let Vettel pass. "Just tell me what you want me to do." So much beating around the bush there. "If you want me to let him pass, just fucking say so then."

• Global Moderator

This was a race that really came alive with the rain. I did feel sad for Vettel though, he controlled it and then off to nothingness, could hear his hearbreak in the voice over the radio. Really glad to see Ericsson in the points again, well worked from the whole team and his drive. Im not sure what they thought when they put full wets on Gasly though, but yeah. Glad I saw this race and cant wait for Budapest next weekend, its often good races here.

• Global Moderator

Hungaroring were a bit of a sleepingpill this year, kinda shame as we have had some great races here before. It kinda felt like Ferrari had no idea what was going on or what to do, also had some unlucky pitstops. I did feel kinda bad for Bottas towards the end making contact with Vettel and Ricciardo. Now its time for summer break and my sundays will be a lot more dull until we return in a month with Spa, which hopefully will be a good race where teams bring in new parts and so on!

• It'd be great to see Kimi achieving his 100th podium at Spa, his favourite circuit. Fingers crossed.

• Big news in F1 during this summer break:

• Alonso has just stated that this will be his final season in the sport.
    • Ricciardo will move from Red Bull to Renault after this season.
    • Daddy Stroll has basically bought Force India, so his son will drive a pink car very soon.

• Global Moderator

@sentinel-beach Thats some big news! I had followed the Ricciardo affair, which came like a surprise, but I had no idea about the other things. Im wondering what the finished lineup will look like next year.

• @sentinel-beach Woah, some new things I learned today! Really informative.