Jurassic Park Evolution

• Jurassic Park Evolution is coming out this summer, anyone else interested in this? Although it was announced last year, concrete details are just now being published:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/03/29/jurassic-park-evolution-wants-to-show-you-the-best-dinosaurs-youve-ever-seen

I never even knew about the old, 2002 game Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis until recently, but this new title is the same broad idea: build and manage a dinosaur theme park, construct dino pens, conduct gene research (to unlock new dinos and modify their attributes) and so on. Jeff Goldblum's voice (as Dr. Ian Malcolm) will be featured as the game's narrator.

The IGN article above gives a decent rundown of the specifics, but if you want to scrub through some actual gameplay footage I recommend Game Informer's video here.

• Global Moderator

Absolutely. I played Operation Genesis and this seems like a direct sequel to that game. I've been following a lot of the recent coverage and I can't wait to start.

My only concern is with the pre order bonuses. I haven't read up on it since but I couldn't tell if you were getting dinosaurs early or exclusive dinosaurs which really opens the door for some awful microtransations. I'm really hoping it's the former.

But yes, very excited for this game.

• Game Informer can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves. Their videos give you that extra look inside and get me hyped on almost any game, even something like this that I do not care about at all.

• Global Moderator

In fairness, I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan and even though I despised the Jurassic World movie, I still love the idea behind these movies. This is pretty much my second dream Jurassic Park game with an Alien Isolation type Jurassic Park game being number one (I can dream)

It is a cool but also a bit strange that Ian Malcolm is kinda guiding you a long as you build the park.

• @dipset said in Jurassic Park Evolution:

Game Informer can sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves.

:D :D Never heard that one before! It's funny you mention enjoying Game Informer videos because they did a random replay video on the 2002 game which had me chuckling the whole time. It basically turned into a series of quoting movie lines and letting everything fall into chaos.

• The only reason i want to play this game is to please Don.
    But seriously, it looks pretty cool. I didn't play Operation Genesis, but i do like theme park games (The Movies and Rollercoaster Tycoon came to mind). They stress me the hell out, but i still enjoy playing them despite that.

• I think that this game looks pretty good, but the only thing I'm worried about is that like Planet Coaster the management aspect is going to be too easy. Someone getting eaten needs to be catastrophic. But I really doubt that this is going to be the case.

• Global Moderator

@hazz3r I hope there is some kind of hardcore mode for you in that case.

I get the impression that a huge appeal of the game will be seeing the dinosaurs cause chaos, I know I enjoyed messing around with that in Operation Genesis. I agree that I do hope there is a good balance for it though.

From listening to the interviews on the Game Informer show, it does sound like some of the Islands will be far more dangerous.

• The most recent episode of the Game Informer Show (Ben's guest appearance totally turned me on to the show, and it's a treat) has a few interviews about Evolution. Some pretty interesting stuff, but the highlight is a completely bizarre and uncomfortable interview with Jeff Goldblum. Seriously, it's something else.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.