What did Blood bring back from GDC that Most Interested you?

• Here is a strawpoll listing what Blood spoke about in his GDC video. I'm working on an EZA companion video series and wanted to get some info from the community to plug into the videos.
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15404271

You can vote on multiple items so mark whatever interested you. Below is the list of topics. Feel free to comment about the games themselves. I might be quoting some of the posts here.

Topics covered in GDC videos:

1. Little Dragons Cafe
    2. Yoko Taro's Nier: Automata Session
    3. What the Golf
    4. Noita
    5. Pool Panic
    6. Russian Subway Dogs
    7. Grip
    8. Horizon Zero Dawn Audio Session
    9. Eastshade
    10. The Banner Saga 3
    11. Assassin's Creed Origins Session
    12. Rite of Ilk
    13. Old School Musical
    14. Away: Journey to the Unexpected
    15. Hover
    16. BAFL
    17. Dead in Vinland
    18. Jengo
    19. Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden

• Dragon Cafe and Mutant year Zero. Both of those games look really interesting.
    The GDC talks (sessions) I usually watch on their GDC archive YT page, so I didn't really pay much attention to Blood's summary of them.

• This post is deleted!

• @suplextrain Little Dragon Cafe really jumped out to me as a huge fan of Harvest Moon 64. I think it will be cool to have the same feel of Harvest Moon, but in the context of a cafe rather than a farm. Farming is fun, but it is fairly played-out at this point.

• Little Dragon Cafe, Russian Subway Dogs and Old School Musical all look adorable and interesting. That Dragon Cafe though is one I could see myself playing for hours.

• I'm a bit interested in Little Dragon's Cafe, but i'm not digging the art style and the concept of working in a cafe. I prefer the calm and solitude of daily farming. The dragons looks cool though, the flying in particular looks fun.

What The Golf seems to be wacky as heck, would be perfect for when i'm tired of big games and need something else to play, so i'm definitely in on that.

Grip looks very interesting from Blood's description and what i seen in the announcement trailer they released recently. I don't really like the car designs though, every car looks very samey, so i hope there's enough customization in the game to spice it up.

Eastshade seems interesting, i really like the concept of just exploring a beautiful fantasy world and interacting with people in it. Seems great for long and somewhat relaxing gaming sessions. There's also seems to be some weird things going on in the world, so maybe that would be enough to make me play it over and over again. If there's a photo mode there then it'll be perfect.

The first person view got me interested already, but Away: Journey of the Unexpected also looks jolly, something unusual (as far as i know) in rogue like games. There's also weird goofball characters thrown in the mix, which adds to the jolliness of it all. I'm a fan of all of those things, so count me in.

Mutant Year Zero looks pretty cool, taking the XCOM combat + stealth mechanics with old-school RPG esque exploration sounds right up my alley, but the story and characters will be the deciding factor for me whether i will play this game till the end or not. I can't say I'm into the mutants though, from what i have seen their designs are quite silly and a bit cartoony IMO, which just doesn't fit the realistic, decaying world around them.

• @sage-of-thyme said in What did Blood bring back from GDC that Most Interested you?:

@suplextrain Little Dragon Cafe really jumped out to me as a huge fan of Harvest Moon 64. I think it will be cool to have the same feel of Harvest Moon, but in the context of a cafe rather than a farm. Farming is fun, but it is fairly played-out at this point.

Well it seems you still own a farm, in a sense. It's just that the focus is more on the cafe.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.