EZA curates April games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• I'm literally shaking daily to play God of War and Yakuza 6. I honestly don't think I will be able to get both because I want to sink my teeth into both, but these are the heavyhitters of April for myself and really - especially for GoW - the entire gaming world.

I remember I wasn't into God of War II when it released but the buzz and GOTY awards and the general impact this game had made it impossible for me to ignore. Since then I've fallen in love with the series and I think Santa Monica Studio leaves an incredible mark on the world when they put their seal on their games. They are top-tier studio in so many regards. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to get a job at a place like that.

• Probably just God of War for me.. my backlog is getting backed up with long games so I'm trying not to add too many more

• Same as most of you, only God of War and Yakuza 6 for me. And I might only pick up one of the two at launch anyway, can't play both at the same time. So the next two weeks will be backlog weeks + Far Cry 5.

I'll throw in Battle Chasers: Nightwar which has a very solid chance of releasing on Switch this month. Can't wait for that one!

• I'd love to say Yakuza 6 because it looks amazing, but I need to finish 0 first.

God of War is an interesting one though. I have never liked that series, despite great boss battlea, I hated Kratos. So it's saying something that I am excited for this new one. We were going to be getting it because the BF adores Norse mythology, but it looks great. The single cut camera decision looks to be pretty amazing too.

• @inustar

Don't rush through Yakuza 0 just to play Yakuza 6 if you ever get that itch. It isn't going anywhere and each chapter of 0 feels so much better when you really take it all in at your own pace as things come along.

• @faaip said in EZA curates April games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

Probably just God of War for me.. my backlog is getting backed up with long games so I'm trying not to add too many more

I will second that, I'm still playing Ni No Kuni 2 and i have Far Cry 5 but didn't even start the game.

• Pillars of Eternity 2 was supposed to be released today, but it got pushed back to May 18th. Bummer.

• I will be chipping away at my backlog for a while. Buying new games is out of the picture thanks to babby.
    If I could, I would play God of War hard as a motherfucker.

• Global Moderator

Really looking forward to God of War this month! Hope its just as good as Im hoping for

• New game wise all I'm getting are Gal * Gun 2 and Yakuza 6 for PS4, I might get weak if I see Far Cry 5 for PS4 for like 50 or less and Kirby for Switch for 40 or less.

• God of War, and Yakuza 6 so far, maybe if something pops up on sale I might grab something else

• @el-shmiablo
    What if someone say gifts you a code for Dad of War?

• @chocobop This is great, thanks! You've definitely piqued my curiosity with Frostpunk, I had not heard about that at all.

• @el-shmiablo Same situation for me. Still have P5, Yakuza 0, SoTC, Nier Automata and Monster Hunter looming over me (that's just the big stuff, not to mention REmake etc), but i'll skip straight to God of War no matter what, i'm in the deep end of hype for that game.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.