God of War (PS4)

• 2 hours!? Gotta get some popcorn ready soon, lol.

Also, Sony's doing a good job banking on the GoW momentum, I'm still feeling the hype despite the game releasing a year ago and the amount of great games released in that span of time. Can't think of anything in Sony's library of franchises that gets this kind of love (maybe TLOU). People will blow up when the next GoW shows up.

• I really love and respect these kind of "making of" documentaries and peeks behind the curtain from the game industry (Uncharted ones come to mind) and this was no exception. What an effort from a multitude of people, painful months during those years. But what a pay-off as well, then! Both in the form of the game itself but also via all the reactions, reviews and admiration towards what was created. And it was great seeing Judge's arc with the whole project.

• God damn 2 hours? Figured it was gonna be smaller then that or in pieces

• Just finished watching the documentary, that was truly a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone involved. Man, game devs have hard jobs. Seeing excitement, then doubt, then fear, then hope, and ending it all with the equivalent of a long and tasteful sigh. I'm really glad that the game ended up as it is. I kinda want to replay it, I feel like I will come out with different feelings and thoughts if I finish it again after watching this.

Seeing the devs react to Huber's magnificent ending to his review script and review score feels jolly, that's like the same response I had back then, watching his review for the first time. Seeing them at The Game Awards receiving their GOTY, it's feels eye opening now, since now I know what it took to get there.

Also, this reminds me that the Allies' got a bunch of GoW T-shirts as a gift once (they opened it at a group stream, the 2017 VR extravaganza if I'm not mistaken). Seeing the Allies' featured relatively prominently here, I guess the Santa Monica guys were fond of 'em or something.

• This game stinks. I can't think of a game I'm at a bigger disagreement with the community with. It's boring. Depressing lack of music, a downgraded camera, uninteresting combat with disappointingly tame violence and monotonous puzzles make this the only one of the four games I never finished.

• @ezekiel said in God of War (PS4):

This game stinks. I can't think of a game I'm at a bigger disagreement with the community with. It's boring. Depressing lack of music, a downgraded camera, uninteresting combat with disappointingly tame violence and monotonous puzzles make this the only one of the four games I never finished.

Yeah, we know, you've said that multiple times before. Why do you keep participating in this thread if you despise the game so much? Can't you just move on with your life? Or do you think a thoughtful and measured opinion such as "This game stinks" warrants extra consideration from any of us?

• @axel
    Idk I remember there was some film critic in the 90's who made a career of saying "it stinks"

• @axel said in God of War (PS4):

@ezekiel said in God of War (PS4):

This game stinks. I can't think of a game I'm at a bigger disagreement with the community with. It's boring. Depressing lack of music, a downgraded camera, uninteresting combat with disappointingly tame violence and monotonous puzzles make this the only one of the four games I never finished.

Yeah, we know, you've said that multiple times before. Why do you keep participating in this thread if you despise the game so much? Can't you just move on with your life? Or do you think a thoughtful and measured opinion such as "This game stinks" warrants extra consideration from any of us?

What are you talking about? This is the first time I've replied to this thread. And give me some credit. I've explained why the game stinks. Anyway, I don't see why it's more valid for you to gush over this stinker than it is for me to call it the stinker that it is.

• @ezekiel Maybe not in this thread, but in others for sure, and plenty of times. I don't see why you feel the need to shit on this game as if it personally offends you every chance you get, but whatever.

• Zeke, watch the doc perhaps? I’ve heard you act like they don’t care, they game is pretentious and the whole 9 yards. It’s easier to see that these people are humans like you and me when there is a making-of doc taking us through the whole process.

They even talk about some of your concerns head on.

• I need to be careful around Zekey's post since I might cut myself on all that edge.

@Axel But then who else will play the role of the forum contrarian?

Didn't have a chance to watch it yet but am super stoked. The game was a truly transcendent experience for me and I can't wait to learn about all the hard work that went in to making this masterpiece.

• I've watched 60 minutes of it. SPOILER: Huber is IN it! Haha

• @dmcmaster said:

Idk I remember there was some film critic in the 90's who made a career of saying "it stinks"

This doesn't really belong here, but I'm posting it anyway!
    Youtube Video

• @mbun
    I'm honestly surprised no one has made a meme out of the
    "I wont tell anyone you slept with a beautiful women dad"
    "Actually Son I want you to tell everyone you know"
    bit

• @dipset said in God of War (PS4):

Zeke, watch the doc perhaps? I’ve heard you act like they don’t care, they game is pretentious and the whole 9 yards. It’s easier to see that these people are humans like you and me when there is a making-of doc taking us through the whole process.

They even talk about some of your concerns head on.

Two hours long? You're kidding, right. Would you watch a two hour doc for a movie you think stinks? I don't think so!

• @ezekiel
    Depends, sometimes the drama behind the scenes is more entertaining then the film itself.

• @ezekiel

Fair but some of your conspiracy claims might be somewhat debunked if you watched it or at least 60 mins of it.

• A great documentary, and definitely shows the struggles of developing a major game. They all put their hearts and souls in to it.

@Ezekiel Dude, we get it, you don't like the game. I was skeptical at first and despised the game before it came out for petty reasons. A month before the game came out, I realized I was acting no better IGN, or gaming media outlets I dislike when they looked down on certain games or people that enjoy them. I manned up and gave the game a chance, and I ended up liking it. There are flaws and problems with the game (a jump button would be nice), but I consider it a great AAA game that does not try to screw the player over with micros and loot boxes. This becoming rarer, so count your blessings. God of War is not this disaster that is ruining AAA gaming or the DMC style genre as some of these Youtubers are calling it, like Gaming Brit. Any other negative you have to add is a broken record.

• @brawlman said in God of War (PS4):

A great documentary, and definitely shows the struggles of developing a major game. They all put their hearts and souls in to it.

@Ezekiel Dude, we get it, you don't like the game. I was skeptical at first and despised the game before it came out for petty reasons. A month before the game came out, I realized I was acting no better IGN, or gaming media outlets I dislike when they looked down on certain games or people that enjoy them. I manned up and gave the game a chance, and I ended up liking it. There are flaws and problems with the game (a jump button would be nice), but I consider it a great AAA game that does not try to screw the player over with micros and loot boxes. This becoming rarer, so count your blessings. God of War is not this disaster that is ruining AAA gaming or the DMC style genre as some of these Youtubers are calling it, like Gaming Brit. Any other negative you have to add is a broken record.

Man up? Lol, there is nothing to man up about. I did give the game a chance. It was depressing. Tedious. It's not a God of War game. I don't see why you get to keep gushing over it and I have to shut up. Games like this ARE ruining AAA gaming.

• @ezekiel considering millions of people have liked the game and it has been very succesful by pretty much every metric that would not be an immediate conclusion.

what makes you think it is ruining AAA gaming? or do you think it is ruining your vision of what AAA gaming should be? because those are two very different things