Cool front/back game cover arts

• Just like the title says. I figure it could be fun to just share and maybe discuss a bunch of cool cover arts for a bit, don't know how long this thread will last though lol.
    I'll start, this is GT Sport's back cover. Very classy, i absolutely love it.

0_1523207641794_20180409_010556-min.jpg

• I've always liked the, for lack of a better term, "busy" style the Japanese Sonic boxes had during the early/mid 90's.

https://i.imgur.com/oNTAZTu.jpg

• @hanabi Yeah, looks very "full" despite not really much information being given about the game, mainly just Sonic and pals looking cool.

• Global Moderator

There are a lot of cool box art out there. One of my absolute favourites are the first Borderlands. Been tempted to buy the game just for its cover art.

alt text

• @lotias Agreed, kinda reflects the game's personality actually imo, stylishly playful in it's own way.

• The original art for Bioshock Infinite is pretty boring and stirred up some controversy. However, if you flip the cover...

alt text

Beautiful art and I love that shade of red.

• @sabotagethetruth It's kinda funny that the controversy around the original cover got them to make a better one.

• Global Moderator

@sabotagethetruth Ya, I really liked that one.

Also I've always loved the Resistence 3 boxart.

alt text

• @tokeeffe9 That's a good one, it's enough to make me buy it a while back.
    Another cover art i like, RE2! A quite menacing figure is enough to scare me away from the game. I also like it better than the other version, i prefer the typography in this one.

0_1523214865998_7c5a2cee73a5fc01327bfe8414feae3f.jpg

• Speaking of Yakuza (I just got done talking about it in another thread...)
    0_1523215612012_tumblr_o7an73fmKu1rvkp54o1_1280.jpg

Japanese cover for Ryū ga Gotoku. I think it's kinda wacky an exaggerated and playful in a way that none of the other covers since have been. Now we just get assemblages of faces and back tattoos. :)

And then, the cover for my favorite game:
    0_1523215960928_b74aa9f3040879393ddb10911c0b1c0e.jpg

• @tokyoslim Wow Yakuza's pretty badass, looks very bold.
    Really like Katamari's cover! It feels tranquil, as if the giant mass of objects looming in the background is a completely normal thing lol.

• Instead of filling one post with too many pictures, I'll just list out the covers I enjoy the most, in no real order:

Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Final Fantasy VII
    Batman: Arkham City
    Left 4 Dead
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Assassin's Creed III
    Mass Effect 3

Also I agree about Resistance 3 and the reverse Bioshock: Infinite. Finally, even though it's digital only, the panel for Ori and the Blind Forest is really good.

• This one grabbed my attention a long time ago and I'm very glad it did.

alt text

And recently this one did just as well, sadly the game doesn't live up to its ideas.

alt text

• Maybe it's not "cool", but damn I've always wanted this just for the box and cart.
    YossyIsland

• Global Moderator

Also, always been a big fan of the MGS box art pre MGS4.

alt text

alt text

• Yoji Shinkawa does some amazing stuff. The reverse cover for Ground Zeroes still has his art on it too.

• Germs for PS1 has one of my favorite covers. Never played it, but it's something else.

alt text

• @mbun It's cute, and being cute is pretty cool, so i'll give it a pass.

@Ringedwithtile Whoa, i'm not sure what to think of that lol. It's making me curious about the game and not wanting to play it both at the same time.

• One of my favorite game on the PS3, the collector's edition also happen to have a pretty cool cover. The main character looks almost 3D in it, it's best viewed when you can look at the box from different angles.

0_1523244147566_0_20180409_022342.jpg

• @bam541 said in Cool front/back game cover arts:

One of my favorite game on the PS3, the collector's edition also happen to have a pretty cool cover. The main character looks almost 3D in it, it's best viewed when you can look at the box from different angles.

0_1523244147566_0_20180409_022342.jpg

Glad to see another Stranglehold fan. I got the standard edition.

alt text

The cover for EW2 captures the mood and atmosphere well.

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.