Selective Creation (Derived from Kill Your Babies!): Create a top 25 N64 list!

• With the recent announcement of the NES mini having 50 classic games and the fun I've been having here with Kill Your Babies!, I wanted to pitch a new game to everyone. Here's the breakdown: You've been given the power to green-light 25 games for a system, but here's the catch: these 25 games will be the ONLY games that the system will ever have. What should be the games that make the cut? By giving 25 select titles (Thus the name of this new game. If you don't like it, please change it. I'm not good at naming things), you are essentially playing an inverse of Kill Your Babies.

Here are the rules. You can only give ONE title per game, so think really hard about which game should be on the list because once you add, you can't play again until the list is complete. It could be your favorite game for the platform, or if your favorite is already present, then you can another you hold dear. Also, to keep things a bit diverse, I'm instituting a two per franchise cap, so if two games of a particular franchise are on the list, a third CAN NOT be added. Finally, if there is any disagreement about what is on this list, please address AFTER the list has been compiled, and IF you have made a compelling enough case that is accepted by MOST who have played, MAYBE what was originally left off might still have a chance to make it. If so, the community will then kick off the one game they feel as not deserving on being present. Again, give serious consideration about what game to put on with a compelling reason to avoid it being removed.

Once you have given a game, please keep a running list going for the benefit of the next person that would like to play. Because I'm pitching the game, I will give the console, but refrain from adding a game because it would be unfair for me to skew the list in my favor. SO, with that being said, let the list begin of:

The 25 games worthy of being on the Nintendo 64

Have fun everyone!!

• Perfect Dark

1. Perfect Dark
      2. Pokemon Puzzle League

I was going to add a certain kart racer as that seems to be the only reason I bring out my 64 nowadays, BUT... I had an evening a few months back where a group of friends and myself busted this game out and had a blast. Then we pulled out Diddy Kong Racing and were shocked to find it didn't hold up, at all.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
      3. Bomberman

I was thinking Majora's Mask, but even that ones been rereleased recently

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
      4. Mario Kart 64

My friends and I still play this game today. And don't count us as the types who don't play modern games, Mario Kart 64 is just timeless, nothing like it in my eyes.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
      5. Sin and Punishment

Because it kicks all kinds of ass and although there are a few other games on the system I like better, I'm pretty certain they're going to get named by someone else.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
      6.Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Can't have a N64 without my favorite game of all time.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    6. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
    • 7. Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer

Sure it isn't the best game but it has a special place in my heart for all the time I spent playing this awesome and atmospheric racer as a child.

1. Perfect Dark
      1. Pokemon Puzzle League
      1. Bomberman
      1. Mario Kart 64
      1. Sin and Punishment
      1. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
      1. Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer
      1. Super man 64

• @Fridge-man I think I know what game might get kicked out, haha.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    7. Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer
    8. Super man 64
      9. Super Mario 64

I know it's the obvious pick but I mean, if nobody goes for the obvious pick then you'll have an N64 without Mario 64 and personally speaking that's not an N64 worth owning.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    8. Super man 64
    9. Super Mario 64
      10. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
      I was thinking of something more obscure that only I'd want but this is probably my favourite Kirby game so why not.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    8. Super man 64
    9. Super Mario 64
      11. Smash Brothers

• Perfect Dark
    Pokemon Puzzle League
    Bomberman
    Mario Kart 64
    Sin and Punishment
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
    Star Wars Episode I: Pod Racer
    Super man 64
    Super Mario 64
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
    Smash Brothers
    12. Banjo Kazooie

I can't comprehend how it wasn't added before.

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    8. Super man 64
    9. Super Mario 64
    11. Smash Brothers
    12. Banjo Kazooie
    13. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Bard, you're surprised? We didn't even have a Zelda game yet either!

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    8. Super man 64
    9. Super Mario 64
    11. Smash Brothers
    12. Banjo Kazooie
    14. Glover

• Global Moderator

1. Perfect Dark
    2. Pokemon Puzzle League
    3. Bomberman
    4. Mario Kart 64
    5. Sin and Punishment
    8. Super man 64
    9. Super Mario 64
    11. Smash Brothers
    12. Banjo Kazooie
    14. Glover
    1. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

• The list is over half complete and there are still some glaring omissions!! Anyway, I had a thought I wanted to pitch to everyone: Once the list of 25 has been compiled and finalized (if the majority wants to kick a game off for replacement), do you, the community, wish to transition into a traditional Kill Your Babies once this happens? If so, if you gave a game to the list, you could then strike one under normal KYB rules. Just a thought I wanted to pose...

• Yup let's kill em after. I have a point to prove with Mario 64 aha

• @Brannox said in Selective Creation (A concept derived from Kill Your Babies!):

The list is over half complete and there are still some glaring omissions!! Anyway, I had a thought I wanted to pitch to everyone: Once the list of 25 has been compiled and finalized (if the majority wants to kick a game off for replacement), do you, the community, wish to transition into a traditional Kill Your Babies once this happens? If so, if you gave a game to the list, you could then strike one under normal KYB rules. Just a thought I wanted to pose...
    That will be hilarious