Doom sequel teased by Bethesda

• https://wccftech.com/doom-e3-announcment-tease-bethesda/

"I couldn’t give you any guesses as to what we’re going to announce and when those games will be out. But I will say, we’re going to have a lot of new stuff to talk about at E3. Whether or not folks realize it, this is the hell on earth time for us with E3. We are in the midst of so much planning and work for all of that content but I’m really excited.

I think we have a lot of stuff that folks are going to like. To my earlier comment, it’s going to be a big mix of stuff that’s all over the place. It’s not going to be like all [one] kind of game or genre. It’s going to be a lot of stuff in a lot of different areas and hopefully, there’s something in there for everybody."

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!. PLease let this news to be true.

Doom 2 and Metro Exodus will make best E3 Ever.

• DOOM 2016 was great but I'd prefer a Hexen/Heretic reboot in that style tbh, still if they don't mess up I would still get a DOOM 2.

• Futurama - Morbo - Doom!

• +1 excite, although I share @Musou-Tensei 's sentiment that a new Hexen would be like a +4 or +8.

So if we get a new Doom sequel is it going to be called "Doom 2 (2018)" or will the process of atonement and purifying the sins of our fathers begin by finally bestowing such games a proper subtitle so as to distinguish it from the original Doom 2 / Doom 2: Hell on Earth?

As one would bestow one's child with both a given name and a surname, these kinds of considerations are not only very functional but they also honor and respect the past. Reusing a previous game's title verbatim is no sign of respect for the past, in my humble opinion.

(/end pet peeve of the shameful reuse of game titles)

• It's going to be called DOOM!

• @iboshow
    They'll just add a extra "O" making it DOOOM

• @dmcmaster I was going to right that as well.

• For real though, I haven't thought about Heretic and Hexen in FOREVER and now I really would love a remaster put to console..... aaaaaannnnndddd I just made myself sad because I don't think it'll ever happen.

But to get on topic, I think the wording is a bit of a stretch. And because I think this, the next DOOM will most likely be half of their showcase, and that would make me very, VERY happy.

• Does any here think they will have Doom Multiplayer shown at all or mentioned. When's Quakecon, you would think they would announce Doom there.

• @brannox said in Doom sequel teased by Bethesda:

For real though, I haven't thought about Heretic and Hexen in FOREVER and now I really would love a remaster put to console..... aaaaaannnnndddd I just made myself sad because I don't think it'll ever happen.

I think there is a decent texture pack out there for Hexen, but it really needs a new build in a new engine. I'm always shocked it hasn't got a sequel or remake, but, there might be some rights issues with Activision owning Raven and Eidos owning Atod. Needs one of them guerilla remakes.

@iboshow said in Doom sequel teased by Bethesda:

Does any here think they will have Doom Multiplayer shown at all or mentioned. When's Quakecon, you would think they would announce Doom there.

They will probably for sure do something Doom related at Quakecon if it is announced at E3, but how badly do wee need Doom multiplayer, unless it's co-op? It seemed like the multiplayer in Doom died a quick death.

Still one of my favorite surprises of 2016, and just a great lesson in direct, minimalist storytelling.

• @sazime it sucked but didn't they release so much dlc for multiplayer

• @sazime
    Kept hoping for a COOP update for DOOM, I do hope that will be in a sequel, along with mobile glory kills

• Be interesting to see what they can bring to the table to keep it fresh and make it look like a sequel.

• @ellis
    Co-op, new weapons, possibly solidify the Doomguy/B.J Blast family connection (like how cool would it be to get like a special mission or something where B.J and Doomguy fight demons)
    New enemies, Kirby, Larger environments, refined glory kill system , another awesome OST by Mick Gordon Who seems to be Zenimaxs go to guy for OST.

• I hope they add in a cover system, this game direly needs a cover system.

Also, it needs a romantic subplot, otherwise I fail to connect with the main character.

• Global Moderator

Doom 2 and TES 6 and I'm all happy and get all I need

• @dmcmaster
    Kirby? I'm in

• @ellis
    Was wondering if anyone would catch that

• This post is deleted!

• @dmcmaster new forum game. Sneak kirby into a post and if no one mentions it in a week you win.