Hard Axis - Hate and Contempt

• Hey all.
    I know the Easy Allies community is built on Love and Respect, but sometimes you have a chip on your shoulder or controversial opinion that you just gotta get out there.
    If you hate a recent trend in gaming, express dat shit. If you can't stand a certain series, get it off your chest! If a certain fanbase really gets on your tits, let the world know!

Just to be clear, this thread isn't for bashing other members of the forums or just being a jackass for no reason. I just figured it would be a good idea to contain these kinds of topics to a single thread instead of having an "overrated franchises" or "top ten least favorite games" crop up every other week.

So yeah. Start sippin' on that haterade.

• I was hoping a thread with this title would pop up. It'd also be great to see an Opinion Yell where some of these ideas got tossed around.

Besides my usual rhetoric of Ocarina of Time being hot garbage that we all view with nostalgia lenses on.... I would say early access defenders are beyond annoying at this point. I could see the appeal of slowly watching a game grow over time (like an interactive dev diary) but the concept is being taken to extremes. We're getting releases like Sea of Thieves (sparse content) and Radical Heights (extreme jank/lack of innovation) that really just aren't in a state worthy of anyone's time and yet, the main defense is they're early access/games as services, you have to let them grow, etc. I can't think of another industry where that's acceptable. Wanna pay full price for an unfinished movie? How about buying a car that will have its engine patched in a few months from now? I'd love to order that BLT from the restaurant down the street, even if the lettuce won't be delivered until next week. Not everything early access is trash and the "business model" legitimately does help some smaller games, but as a whole, it's about delivering a subpar service that only has a chance of getting better.

Oh, also -

Chrono Trigger (despite being in the Hall of Greats) ain't that great.

• I'd second that the "games as a service label" creates excuses. I used to play SOCOM II for years. The game launched with everything already, there weren't any XP unlocks, you had all of the maps and weapons out of the gate, and people kept playing because it was so fun. The whole approach to these games as a service titles is all wrong. These games aren't even fun at their core. It is like they are void of fun, then people forgive them and say it'll be fixed in the future, and the cycle continues forever.

• @dipset Yeah, there's a base idea I like for "games as service", that a game can have life added to it.
    The thing though is what I want is a good game, that then get more modes or skins or maps whatever. Currently it's just that excuse to release a half finished game.

A continuing annoyance for me are the console fanboys. It bugs me that people haven't figured out that others may want different things from a console. This annoyingly came up again for me when I was reading a God of War review and someone in the comments had to compare recent PS games versus Xbox games.

• @inustar PS4 master race.

Hard Axis, baybee!

• @inustar What games? The Xbox brand is becoming irrelevant and nobody cares. Even Microsoft themselves seembto have given up on this generation.

I won't judge anybody far owning and enjoying their Xbox, but Microsoft really need to get their shit together, and fast.

• Youtube Video

Destiny 2 ya'll!

I do think he's got an interesting (albeit unproven) theory that Bungie holds back on all the important updates until right before an expansion, to rebuild faith in the game and get more sales. I personally got burnt out by the first Destiny and after sinking about 80 hours in, felt I had really wasted my time with the game and never plan on stepping back in.

• I got rid of my Destiny games! Kinda sad since the shooting did feel really good.
    But never wanted to play it anymore since there was nothing to do, and Bungie's behaviour wasn't making me want to come back to the game when there are so many other games out there.

• I don't get the new Tomb Raider games. I bought the 2013 game for 20$ recently, and i regretted it. Within a couple hours i already Bosman'd and hard quit the game. There's something about the feel of the game that just doesn't click to me. The snooze-fest "serious" story, the weirdly RPG-esque progression system, and the infatuation with gory death scenes just doesn't mix well to me. There's some fun in the puzzles (arguably the best part of the game) and combat, but that's not nearly enough to keep me going. Apparently the game also has set-pieces that tries to emulate the Uncharted games, but i don't think i saw anything that qualifies as such, so i can't comment on that. From what i seen in reviews of ROTTR, it's doesn't sound different to me so i'm not playing that game, and as such i also can't comment about that.

This one is not necessarily hate and contempt, but i think it's pretty controversial.
    I recently also replayed Fallout 4 for a bit, and it just came to mind how much i loved that game, despite all its flaws. It was my game of the year 2015, and it was the year when two masterpieces, Witcher III and Bloodborne, was released. I really enjoyed my time with FO4, and i definitely played it way more than those two games. Maybe it's my bias towards the great companions (Piper, Dogmeat, Valentine and were the standouts), maybe it's preference of FPS gun combat and customization, i don't know exactly. And to top it all off, FO4 is a messy game! The main story was a inconsistent mess; the writing was all over the place; and the game itself was barely working at best, and a glitchfest at worst. Bloodborne and Witcher III was none of that, they achieved what they tried to do with flying colors, and i couldn't say that about FO4. I played that game for 100+ hours, and most of it was just exploring the vibrant wasteland aimlessly, looking for trouble. Also, Far Harbor is a fantastic DLC, and it showed exactly what the main story should have been.

TL;DR: I don't get the new tomb raider games, and Fallout 4 was my GOTY 2015.

• @bam541 Uncharted Lost Legacy is the best Tomb Raider game of f this gen.

• @el-shmiablo I would add that Chloe is a better Lara Croft than Lara Croft has ever been.

• The Tomb Raider games post 2013 are 10/10

• @dipset Third. It's why I refuse to buy anything from EA, Ubisoft, nor Activision.

• Fuck Capcom for screwing up Asura's Wrath, SFV, and Street Fighter X Tekken, I know they fixed SFV recently, but it should have not happened in the first place.

• Fuck Microsoft for screwing over Hideki Kamiya and Scalebound. Them cancelling it, killed my interest in ever getting an XONE. What's worse, they own the IP, and Platinum does not. Meaning, Microsoft will sit on their candy asses, and do nothing with Scalebound. The only good thing out of this was Nier: Automata becoming a success and saving Platinum from bankruptcy. With that, they will never have to deal with companies Activision or MS ever again.

• David Cage, please stop making "games". How this guy still has a fanbase is beyond me.

• Nintendo, why no VC for the Switch? You are killing yourselves with that one.

• @bam541 I was never a big Tomb Raider fan, but the most recent ones take themselves way too seriously. It's like they're trying to impress people who don't play video games or have a low opinion of them. And reboot Lara never develops at all as a character in both games. And plot gets super convoluted in Rise. Plus, Crystal Dynamics take too much from the Uncharted series (ironic I know ).

• @axel Even more ironic.

• I mean I can vent and vent about various things in games that I have hate and contempt for, but I'll try to spout them off as it comes up unless I'm really motivated by something.

I too hard quit Tomb Raider reboot. Got it on sale for like $40 on PC years ago and couldn't stomach how everything in the game felt like a shitty generic video game. Every fight was a square shaped arena. You take cover and shoot shoot shoot. I hard quit this game for the same reason I hard quit The Order 1886: boxy rooms, bland enemies, cover cover cover shoot shoot shoot. Then the story has sub-par acting with absolutely terrible nothing characters who don't look interesting, don't sound interesting, or say anything interesting. I'd call that game a complete mess. Honestly surprised it made it as a big time series.

• Don't have anything to contribute here, but I wanted to say that "Hard Axis" is a stroke of genius. Well played.

• My contempt towards the western games industry, comics industry, journalism and Hollywood grows with every day.
    Also ResetError need to CEASE!
    Also also
    0_1523875864496_Normies.jpg
    H&C

• I hate that Splatoon 2 doesn't offer a left-handed control scheme. So there!

• I am sad about the direction the Xenoblade series has taken. Previous entries felt like we were finally getting close to that true Tanaka vision... and now it's just some lame ass Tales-tier waifubait. I hope that they continue with the original style under the Chronicles X moniker.