Hard Axis - Hate and Contempt

• I'm not too fond of the open world trend.
    Also, I'm not woman, but I would imagine that if I were, getting on my tits (with my consent) would be a positive experience

• Banned

@bard91 Having played the vast majority of TT games (including Sam & Max) I would honestly put Batman on the lowest possible end of the spectrum, while Borderlands and Guardians occupy the highest end.

• Comparing Telltale games is like comparing shit to manure! A+ thread by the way :D

• Banned

@ikataishou I don't think that is true, but then again I feel the same way regarding pretty much anything made by Idea Factory, Compile Heart, or any of the other mass producers of kusoge bullshit.

Also, thanks!

• Agent 47's lack of personality and character kills any drive or desire to play Hitman, like if IO took everything from the recent Hitman reboot but had a charcter with a James Bond like personality, maybe some lite dialog options and I guarantee I'd be on it in a heartbeat

• I'd rather gouge out my eyes with an ice cream scooper than play another second of Final Fantasy IX. If I wanted sluggish combat, I'd just boot up an MMO on my low-end PC.

• I agree with everything @BrawlMan said

Also this is partially relevant - though tbh here is really the only place to be honest about games. I'm sick of lack of places where you can't​ have an informed view on things (Discord etc) like detailed. I'm on Resetera and damn at this rate it'll take 4 months until I can post a thread

I kind of feel disincentivised commenting on subjective stuff like Lara Croft and Hitman's character because they're franchises and probably going to have more money coming from marketing first.

• Banned

The general reaction that gamers have had towards Metro Exodus being exclusive to the Epic Game Store and the developers very logical reaction of saying future games may not come to PC if gamers don't buy it on PC because of fucking juvenile reasons like it being on one storefront and not another is frankly some of the most cringe worthy shit I've seen in a while and makes me feel embarrassed to associate myself with such spergs by way of also being a "gamer".

• @el-shmiablo
    I can kinda understand where the Rage is coming from, announcing it 2-3 weeks away from release.
    Plus theres that chart floating around of pro/con list of mostly community stuff that Steam has but not Epic although its mostly small unimportant stuff, well unimportant to me like item Trading.

• Banned

@dmcmaster God forbid people buy games because they enjoy them, and not because of shit like trading cards.
    It just shows how entitled the general gamer mindset is. I never see this in any other form of media.
    A TV show moves from one channel to the other? So do you.
    A book moves from one publisher to the other? So do you.
    A game moves from one storefront to the other? CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

• @el-shmiablo
    I've seen plenty of people in the past complain when a TV show hops from one channel to another, hell I've seen people complain when a show gets moved from one time slot to another. Hell in the past either one could of been the death of any given TV show, especially if it's time slot was competing with something bigger then it as a Recent example, remember when The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones both aired at 10pm, before AMC bumped it to 9pm.
    And God forbid a show went from the Monday-Thursday prime time slots to Friday, that was basically the death slot for many shows.

Granted that doesn't happen as much anymore since Hulu and Netflix became more prominent over time, and will probably be extinct soon now that major broadcasters (FOX,CBS,NBC,ect) are now actually paying attention to viewership on said services instead of ignoring them.

• @el-shmiablo See now if this call was made with the game's announcement or at the very least months and months in advance I'd get it, but doing it at the 11th hour doesn't come across as healthy competition. It comes across as Epic using their money to try and pressgang people into using their client. I know it's crazy, but this almost makes the David and Goliath situation Epic and Valve are in feel reversed.

• I won't deny there's a degree of entitlement in gamers that goes a bit beyond what is reasonable, but from what I've seen, and I have not looked that much into it, A4 Games and the publisher's response to everything has been terrible and I can't help but think bad business.

• Banned

@hanabi I mean, that certainly would have been nice of them to do this a little earlier, but they are in no way beholden to releasing their game on a specific platform.
    I'm not even angry at A4. Sometimes you have to treat the children like children. Don't want to buy it on EGS? Too bad. Won't buy it at all? No sequels for you.

Such gross, disgusting entitlement. The fact that I see every other fake outrage Tuber posting videos like "Metro Dev THREATENS Gamers" is just pathetic.

• @el-shmiablo

Man that YouTuber entitlement kills me. Just fan entitlement in general.

For example, my studio made a film that was funded through Indie Go Go. We were hired as a service company, it wasn’t our IP. It took a long time to release cause the budget was shoestring. Fans in the wait were like angry and violent - “I could have animated it in this time”.

Just shuddup -__-

But the provocateur youtubers are on another level...

• @dipset
    What project if I may ask?

• @el-shmiablo said in Hard Axis - Hate and Contempt:

@dmcmaster God forbid people buy games because they enjoy them, and not because of shit like trading cards.
    It just shows how entitled the general gamer mindset is. I never see this in any other form of media.
    A TV show moves from one channel to the other? So do you.
    A book moves from one publisher to the other? So do you.
    A game moves from one storefront to the other? CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR

I agree with this 100%.

Plus at this point i want to buy the game on my PS4 and on the epic store even though my laptop can't run the game.

• @el-shmiablo said in Hard Axis - Hate and Contempt:

@bam541 Uncharted Lost Legacy is the best Tomb Raider game of f this gen.

That's EXACTLY what I thought while playing it! Thank you!

Also from other thread now that I found the chance:

@scotty said in Raging Rants:

Takes a deep breath
    HOW THE F**K THAT OVERWATCH WON GOTY AGAINST UNCHARTED 4!!!???

• I was watching the 2016 "The Gen That Was" and all The Last Guardian slander made me wanna yell "SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IS MORE ANNOYING"

People have rose tinted glasses with that game. I actually love it but pound for pound pain in the ass, SotC was waaaaaaay higher than TLG for me. Trico controlling wasn't hard, it's explained and he only acts like an asshole at the beginning. Must've been some horrible RNG otherwise.

• @dipset Shadow of the Colossus is absolutely on my list of most overrated games.