TV - What Are You Watching

• @the_andredal Not sure, I watch in Japanese with subtitles.

• @axel k, because i don't like the japanese dub on Dragonball, i like everything else though like Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc

• Currently Rewatching Stargate SG1, so good!

• almost done with season 2 of Supergirl, and they massively improved that show

• Just finished Season 4 of Black Mirror. I'm struggling to remember every episode from every season but this one felt a little less consistent than 1-3. It was still really good but just not my favourite. The allegory was still there and frequently left me in thought for days but some episodes were a little on the nose. Even still, at its worst, Black Mirror is still entertaining. Another great season, just not the greatest yet.

• I’ve been re-watching Pushing Daisies. It’s definitely my favorite TV show ever. It just really gels with my taste in storytelling. It’s really a shame that it only got 2 seasons since there’s a ton of unresolved plot points. But it’s still a great watch.

• Rewatching Seinfeld. I bought the DVD boxset in late February and am now on the second to last season. I haven't watched actual TV in ten years.

• @michemagius I adore Bryan Fuller's tv shows. They may not always be perfect but they are always interesting, and usually beautiful.
    Pushing Daisies is my favourite but Dead Like Me and Hannibal are great.
    It may have been rushed, but I like that they did manage to give Pushing Daisies a quick wrap up after it was cancelled.

I should rewatch it.... Well I guess I won't be watching Luke Cage season 2 this week!

• @inustar Dead Like Me is great, it’s been a while since I watched it so I’m probably due for a rewatch myself. I never finished Hannibal, which I regret because it was very intriguing, just got sidetracked.

• I binged several seasons of unbreakable kimmy schmidt while I was travelling last week. That's a pretty good show.

• @michemagius thanks to a coworker I was reminded how great Dead Like Me is, so gotta rewatch that too.

This might just be a Bryan Fuller July.

• Just watched the Black Mirror episode Arkangel, about the possessive mother. I enjoyed the story, but it's a dumb story. How stupid does a parent have to be to not understand filtering everything bad out is bad for your kid? I didn't buy it. It's way too obvious, which I guess is often the problem with Black Mirror. It does remind me of this point I remember making a long time ago about the violence in many video games and other media not being graphic enough, though. We act like making it softer will make it better for the children, but that just makes it seem more acceptable. I want better gore and pain in my games. It SHOULD be shocking, because it is really that bad. Unless the game or whatever it is is more on the sillier side.

• Just finished Cobra Kai and it's my favorite show this year so far. I've yet to watch heavy hitters like Handmaid's Tale and Westworld but seeing how well they handled a 30 year old sequel to The Karate Kid for this new generation is gonna be tough to beat.
    Special shout-out to Steven Universe for a close second place and imo the best animated show on tv with a chance to be the GOAT.

• I rewatched several episodes of: Red Dwarf, Mr Bean, Bottom, Fawlty Towers, Men Behaving Badly and F for Family.

• Wow, I just watched the first episode of Planet Earth 2 in 4K. Gorgeous! This month old 1500 dollar TV never felt more worth it. This episode was about our islands and what their inhabitants will do to survive. Great stories.

• Watching some "8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown."

Good show to watch in between MMO stuff.

• @crepe I discovered this show last winter and practically gobbled dozens of episodes in one month. There are many in YouTube. I love the humour, both Jimmy's and the captains', often guests', too. And Rachel just melts my heart. :]

• Since I'm in a long distance relationship (they're tough, ya'll!), I decided it would be a good bonding experience to start a show up with her that we both have an interest in yet have never seen before and we settled on sense8. I'm about halfway through season 1 and while I'm enjoying the show, I do feel like some of the characters are undercooked and after witnessing several characters being surprised with their powers (which does make lots of sense, it would be startling), I'm ready for them to start moving the plot forward again. I do love a lot of the cinematography though and it probably has the best orgy scene I've ever witnessed, so that's a thing.

• Watching Suits as of now! Season 3 and enjoying it a lot.

• Unbreakable kimmy schmidt season 4 : this is one of my favorite comedy shows in the last 5-10 years.