TV - What Are You Watching

• @sabotagethetruth could not tell you how many times I have watched the first 4 seasons of Archer.

• I just watched the 3rd episode of The Mandalorian and it was great. I recommend it to anyone who is even have a little sympathy for SW universe.

• The Watchmen, holy smokes it's so good!

• And just like that, after four fantastic seasons, Mr. Robot is over. The finale is everything I could have asked for and more, and manages to offer one final twist that ties the whole thing together. I'm honestly blown away that the twist fits in so well with everything that has happened in the show, answering questions that I didn't even know I had. There are some small things still left ambiguous, but I think some things are better left a mystery.

This final episode was beautiful. It made me cry, which granted isn't that hard to do but still. I think it's the definition of bittersweet. I could go on for hours about how affecting this ending is, but nobody has time for that, so I'll leave you with one, final, amazing fact: it ends with M83's Outro and it actually manages to feel poignant.

Farewell, old friend.

• Hmm, old thread. Anyway, I was just watching the last episode of Stargirl. As it aired in America on CW, I was worried at first that it would be just like any CW show (like Arrow, Flash, Supergirl or Batwoman). But as far as I know it is just syndicated at CW and is more a DC original show like Titans, Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing, … but better. As the other shows do not seem to have any notable narrative, as the protagonists are more occupied with themselves, Stargirl reminded me off maybe early Buffy or something. Have to admit, I was a bit surprise, that the show does not have any LGBTQ characters or things that people would call progressive these day, no this show is somewhat just lighthearted, a bit “all American” as you might suspect but it was just a simple and conclusive story in 13 episodes without much distractions, that I did not expect to enjoy as much as I did. Maybe some people would find it cringy but is was just what I needed. There is still some stuff and characters that were hinted at for a second season, so I hope we get one. But for anyone who can get access to these episodes and is somewhat of a DC fan, I would like to recommend it. I do not often do the but maybe give this show a change.

• Just finished the second season of Thunderbolt Fantasy. I can't really say much about it since even giving the most basic plot synopsis would involve massive spoilers for the end of the first season but just trust me on this, both seasons are a 10 and you should check them out.

• Given up on Lovecraft Country, too much crappy CGI and action oriented. Then gave Perry Mason a go and really enjoyed the first episode, way more dark and moody than what I was expecting.

• Joe Pera Talks With You

I just spent like 15 minutes writing a long, drawn out post about this show, but it wasn't really working so I scrapped it. Here are a few short words:

This is quite simply the most life-affirming piece of media I have ever seen. Joe Pera has the uncanny ability to tap into the beauty of life like no other, and somehow, if only for a moment, brings true, tangible meaning into the human existence. In one episode a Jack O' Lantern receives a viking funeral, and it got me to bawl my eyes out. Please, please, please watch it. I truly believe it's one of the most important shows ever made.

• I'm currently watching Agents of SHIELD's seconda season again after years to finally continue where I left in third season and it's really nice and fun.

• With Disney+ being part of Gamepass for a month I decided to check The Mandalorian. I think "it's ok" is really the best I can say. The production value shows but I'm 6 eps in and I find the writing to be quite uninteresting and pointless. Kinda reminds me of a bad 80s series.

Which makes me wonder what am I missing? I remember by the end of each episode people storming social media talking about what had happened in that episode all hyped, but by the end of each episode so far I feel like nothing worthy or exciting happened.