Metal Detecting with Minamik

• @axel For better or worse my little bottle dump is starting to run dry. I'll have to find a new spot, haha.

• Day 19:

....the aluminum cover to an old tv dinner...and a chunk of iron.
    alt text

Part of a not so old shovel, a weird little metal wheel, a quarter, a washer, another chunk of iron, and some play money.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Day 20: We finally find an intact blue bottle!
    alt text

We've also got a "Dandruff Remover and Scalp Tonic"
    alt text

Another little dog.
    alt text

The front end to the fire engine candy dish.
    alt text

These things!
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

And a monogrammed tieclip?
    alt text

• Finally found my first silver coin! A 1954 dime. What a rush!alt text

• Watch me be confused by modern technology, and hype up the idea of fooling around with hydrochloric acid for rust removal!

Youtube Video

Spoilers: It worked! And as soon as I have the time to figure out Davinci to edit the video into something a tiny bit more professional I'll upload that too!

• Part 2 as promised!

Youtube Video

• And a quick warning to anyone else out there trying to edit video on a laptop from 2011....don't download Davinci Resolve, lol....The buckle was strong.

• Surprise! It's part 3! This time we're just dumping some of the things I've dug into acid to try to clean the rust off of them.

Acid is dangerous, nasty stuff. Be careful around acid.

Youtube Video

• So, let's discuss the elephant in the room here...I find a few cool things, and a lot of crap.

Also, an elephant!

alt text

• This is actually cool!

• I know it's not my usual metal detecting or bottle digging stuff, but it did still involve some digging, so I thought I'd share it here. My dad and I dug up some clay rich dirt and refined the clay out of it (mix your dirt in a bucket with water, and then pour over a screen into another bucket to get the junk filtered out). We're going to be digging a fire pit as soon as the ground dries out a bit to see if we can convert this from it's current greenware state.
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text