Are you buying into VR this year?

• no real interest in VR as yet because i don't think its good enough or has the games, by the time Project Scorpio is available i'll know if its worth owning or just another fad like 3D, Move, kinect etc....

• @yungstar I get the apprehension. You should check if theres a demo station near you, I know Best Buy is pushing VR pretty hard. I HATE kinect and 3D. Been swearing up adn down about the gimmickery there, but I believe the big difference now (And as brandon stated on stream last night too) is there's an actual tangible logic to the experience. Kinect had so little to offer in its best case scenario (which is what, fruit ninja?), while VR brings real immersion (when done right, not all VR is made equal, i digress)

• Surely this can sell everyone on VR :laughing:
    alt text
    From @Whoaness's Batman Bosman VR thread

• Nope! I am poor, and that requires a ton of money. I would go for PSVR. But first that would require a PS4K. And if I have that, why would I not buy a 4K TV set? After that I'd just need the VR headset. Wow. Look at all that money I don't have.

• It would be like buying the first Hover Car/Board; riddled with bugs and faults.

• I have pretty crap eyes, so I'm not sure I'd be able to do VR (can't watch 3D movies without getting ill). Would love to try it out and, if I have it in the budget, would grab PS VR in the fall if I liked the experience. I have an alright gaming PC, but def prefer consoles.

• @RoyalCactopi interesting. Have you had that checked out? You should, doesn't sound fun. Do you wear glasses?

I've often wondered how differing eyesight and circumstances affect things. I wear glasses for work and in vr but not essential for me (though it's better with them).

• @sblomkamp I'm glad I'm nearsighted.

• I totally think the tech has proved itself, now it's just about the games!
    As soon as we get more full games like Resident Evil 7 I'll be all in!

• @sblomkamp Yep, have worn glasses since I was 3 or 4 (29 now). Essentially, I'm nearsighted plus I have an exceptionally lazy right eye. I've learned not to register what it's looking at unless there is something obscuring my left eye (because if I do notice it, I have double vision constantly). Thus, when I try 3D movies or try using 3D mode on my 3DS, I have to exert a lot of effort to see the effect. I end up getting a headache and feeling nauseous.

I feel like I might do fine in VR, since I could essentially continue to ignore the right eye like I do regularly. Just not ready to throw down $400 unless I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it.

• I preordered the PSVR Launch Bundle and have a Google Cardboard, so yes. I also hope to save up enough to buy a Vive.

• @RoyalCactopi yeah definitely demo stuff first. I'll ask my team about your situation and see if they have any pointers. I do worry the dependence on stereoscopic vision would trouble your lazy eye

• I am extremely excited about VR even though I have never tried it. I won't be picking up a PS VR this year as I don't have a PS4 yet...but...I really want to be Batman...

Whoever does get the PSVR...do me a favor. Keep Gotham safe.

• I originally had little to no interest at all in VR, but then E3 happened and Sony's Conference showed me what could be and I keep hearing good things, so I am now VERY interested in Playstation VR. I'm gonna be able to test it out when the demo comes my way at a local Best Buy over the next few weeks, so that'll probably be the final factor into what I decide.

At the moment, I think I'll get it at some point, just probably not Day 1 or upon immediate release.

• I tried PSVR at E3 a couple of years ago, and I was already convinced.

Unfortunately, the Canadian economy is terrible, but it has a chance of bouncing back. If I could save $50 on PSVR, I'll wait a bit to see if the economy gets better because that means $50 more towards games.

• alt text

• @ib0show I'm confused, is this a yes or a no?

• @Hoken everyone else is saying no and I'm saying alt text

• I've never been an early adopter and I don't think I'm going to start now. I think it depends on how these VR companies go about iterating the product. PSVR is probably going to stay as is for the rest of the PS4/PS4 NEO cycle (meaning, they won't reveal a PSVR2 or something). but Vive and Rift could potentially go the way of (almost) yearly new models.

It really sounds like Rift wants to do it: http://www.techinsider.io/oculus-rift-update-cycle-2016-1
    And Vive is from HTC (hardware anyway) so they might employ a similar strategy as their mobile phones.

I think I'm going to hold off, at least until I see more about the NEO and whatever effects it might have with PSVR.

TL;DR (not really):

• @Mechanoid at this price point I seriously doubt yearly models. No way is that going to be viable for them.