The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!

• Global Moderator

For some reason I thought it was The Banner Saga (again) and yelled out "SURE! FINE! I'll play it then!" ..before realised it was Divinity now.. hehe.

I've always been more of a console gamer, hence I've missed many of the games that are PC "exclusive".

• MK8 - Loved this game, just sadly haven't spent an awful lot of time with it. I'm content with this Wii U version as well. Racing games would rarely ever appear on my top 5/10 lists though as I just favour other genres.

Divinity: Original Sin - Fantastic game, one that I think everyone who likes RPG's should at least try. It was originally on my list actually, but I bumped it for something else. If it were a top 10 we had been asked to do, then this would definitely have been on it.

• I would probably really dig Divinity but just haven't checked it out.

• I haven't played Divinity either and I'll probably just play 2 when it comes out on consoles, but there's just been so many good traditional cRPGs lately, I don't have a lot of history with them but seeing them back in force is just great, just wish I had more time to check them out.

• The Evil Within

#16. The Evil Within - 15 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (DIPSET)
    #3: 1 (ib0show)
    #4: 1 (Hidz)
    HM: 6 (tokeeffe9, Sunpraiser, A7X458, Billy, NeoCweeny, RARMSTAR)

Information

Release date: October 14 [US/EU]
    Developer: Tango Gameworks
    Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
    Genre: Survival horror
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I watched Huber and co's playthrough of this back during GT, and oh boy this is a crazy game. The action-heavy focus in many parts of the game and the liberties it took with the visual style (letterboxing in particular) won't impress a lot of people, but i still respect this game a lot. I did play this for a bit at my friend's house after watching the playthrough, and i was pretty impressed by how well it plays, so i'm a bit surprised this game isn't a bit higher.

• It would probably have been higher on my list, if only i didn't get stuck at the very end with not enough ammunition, unable to see the ending. Had to just youtube it from there

• I own it on PS4 but I didn't bought it in 2014, also havn't played it yet. Also not in 2014 but I watched my rl friend making a LP of it, I think if I would have played it in 2014 it would be on my list

• Oh man what an amazing game. I'll never forget playing through this the first time. The sequel isn't as great but the disappointment I have for the sequel only comes from how amazing this game is. I wish it was higher up the list.

• I picked up TEW day one, but put it down a few hours in. I didn't actually get back to complete until quite some time after, the end of 2016 actually. It was ok I guess, but a disappointment considering who it was coming from. The sequel however was quite a bit better.

• I'm not into horror, and all the previews for this back in the day made me go in the opposite direction, but there are several things about The Evil Within I find fascinating: The fact it was the first real AAA survival horror title to BE survival horror since Dead Space 2. It was being made by the guy who created THE survival horror series in Resident Evil. It was being published by Bethesda, who at the time, were not really known to publish a Japanese developed game.

All of that and more actually made me root for this to succeed despite my personal issues about it and I'm happy it did well enough to garner a sequel. With all that being said, I'm surprised it's as low as it is. I felt this was a top 10 for sure.

• I actually know nothing about The Evil Within. One of those games that just kinda slipped through the cracks on me.

• Infamous Second Son

#15. Infamous Second Son - 16 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 1 (bam541)
    #3: 1 (Fridge-man)
    #4: 1 (Capnbobamous)
    HM: 7 (ib0show, Exist 2 Inspire, ffff0, TheOtherJohnP, Sentinel Beach, FF7Cloud, Hidz)

Information

Release date: March 21 [US/EU]
    Developer: Sucker Punch Productions
    Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Great fun game, just lacking on the story front

• Had a good time with Second Son. First game that really felt "next gen" to me. Photo Mode was a step above and beyond anything that I'd seen to that point.
    Top notch world too. That being said, it was a short game with repetitive encounters. Didn't make my list.

• I liked the length, platinum the game as well. I got at least 20 hours out of it.

• Seattle was really nicely rendered, but I thought the story and powers were both lame, and I don't think it introduced enough to the Infamous formula to justify its existence.

• @ringedwithtile I liked the powers, it really changed it up compared to previous games. Would love Sucker Punch to make a Flash game because of how they did Super Speed in the game.

• Infamous Second Son is a fun game, that felt like first truly next-gen. I was (and I still am) super impressed by instant loading after fast travel.

• Second Son was my first PS4 game, and it looked and felt really good to start this era in Seattle like that. I liked the powers and the city a lot, just would've wished that the story and things in general would've evolved into something truly big and closer to the first two games. Man, I miss Cole...