The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!

• Transistor

#14. Transistor - 16 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 3 (TokyoSlim, Lotias, SabotageTheTruth)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Sazime)
    HM: 2 (tokeeffe9, Capnbobamous)

Information

Release date: May 20 [US/EU]
    Developer: Supergiant Games
    Publisher: Supergiant Games
    Genre: Action role-playing, Turn-based strategy
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Transistor is probably my least favorite game by Supergiant, but it is still damn good. Maybe the best soundtrack of 2014.

• For me, Transistor has everything going for it BUT gameplay. I love the art style, I dig the setting, the concept is really cool, and it's about as unique of a game you'll find. But the gameplay style just is not the kind I'm a fan of. Which is a bummer, because I really want to give this game a shot. I'm bummed it's not in the top 10.

• Transistor has been on my radar forever, it looks like everything I love, the setting, art style and gameplay are all right up my alley, but for some reason never brought myself to play it. I even have it on PS+, so no excuse really, just gotta sit down one day and get it done!

• I didn't vote for it, but I really enjoyed Transistor. I didn't get the story, but the game itself was very cool, so I still have good memories about it.

• First of all, Transistor is a top 10 soundtrack of all time for me. Also, it has one of the best, if not THE best dynamic themes for the Ps4. The game was fun, and allowed you to either cheese (if you wanted) or to really experiment with interesting combinations of attacks. Cemented my love of Supergiant as a creative studio.
    Youtube Video

• I didn't care for this one. It looks nice, but I thought the gameplay was pretty boring and I couldn't stand sword-man whispering all the time. Stop dude, I'm trying thwack some robots.

• Since submitting my votes I have played through Transistor. It didn’t blow me away, but may have scraped an honourable mention spot.

I enjoyed the combat system and the different decisions made in loadout. But I would have loved slightly more story. It was there, and it was alright, but it didn’t drive me forwards at any point.

• Global Moderator

I was a little worried that this game wouldnt show up on this list. I really enjoyed this when I played it. I downloaded it since it was free on PS+ way back. The soundtrack is AMAZING, I fell in love with the artstyle and the whole concept really hit home for me. Its only a little short.

• I still need to play Transistor. I've owned it for a while now.

• P.T.

#13. P.T. - 17 points

Votes

#1: 2 (ib0show, Fridge-man)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 2 (DIPSET, Sheria)
    HM: 3 (SabotageTheTruth, logic__error, thenerdtheword)

Information

Release date: August 12 [US/EU]
    Developer: 7780s Studio
    Publisher: Konami
    Genre: Survival horror
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Links

Wikipedia

• Controversy!

I know quite a few people (me included) felt that P.T. shouldn't be eligible because it's only a demo, but given the circumstances and cancellation of Silent Hills you could also argue it's a stand-alone, free game. It really is a unique case.

Since so many people voted for it, I think it's fair to give it a spot. If it had ended up #1 I would have had more issues with it but hopefully nobody will lose sleep over it making #13 :)

• I have been let down by this community once again.
    @Fridge-man :)

• P.T.'s importance cannot be overstated and I'm for its inclusion here. This has become iconic and probably one of the most memorable moments of this generation, if not gaming period. I'm a wuss, so I would never have played it, but I'm happy to see it here. I won't rail anymore than I already have about the situation, but before Resident Evil VII, P.T. took the horror genre in gaming to a new place, one I feel will still be attempted to recapture for years to come.

• One thing I gotta say about Transistor is it would have easily been my top game on this list, but playing through a particular series earlier this year has changed my voting quite a bit. It's still one of the best soundtracks in the biz though.

• I gave P.T. An honourable mention because at the time it was a unique experience that has yet to be matched. Not a full fledged game but worth giving a nod to because of the promise it showed.

• I loved P.T. and went in blind so it properly terrified me. It set a new standard for horror games in terms of visuals, sound design and atmosphere. The way it handled its storytelling was very innovative and contributed to the constant sense of dread and intrigue, pushing you forward despite your fear. It was an incredibly impactful experience I won't forget.

I played it again several times over the years to introduce different friends to it and it's always hilarious to watch them play and freak out. It's a real shame a full game never came out of this, for now the closest thing to it would be Resident Evil 7, but it never reached the same level of psychological terror.

I didn't vote for it out of principle, but it would definitely have received points from me otherwise.

• @iboshow Glad to know I'm not alone <3

• I played it, would not a buy a full game like it, too cryptic and confusing.

• Wow, I totally forgot about Transistor. I thought it came out later for some reason.