The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!

• I haven't really played any Nintendo games since the N64.

• Global Moderator

Oh man, I've been totally absent on this discussion. Just want to quickly say that I'm playing through Tropical Freeze right now and it's an absolute pleasure. It's just so fun, challenging and the presentation is fantastic. I've no doubt it would have made my list after I complete it.

• Tropical Freeze was on my list, but it didn't make the cut. An absolute ton of fun as a platformer, but it's not a genre I generally gravitate towards honestly. Certainly had more fun for longer with Mario Kart 8, but it's still nice to see Kong make his rule known on this list.

• I feel like my list could have been nothing but Wii U games and I still woulda missed some greats like this one. People like to talk shit about the system but for the two or so years it was actually alive, it had probably some of the best first and second party nintendo games made since the early Gamecube days.

• This breaks my heart.

• Tropical Freeze became one of my favorite platformer games and one of my favorite Nintendo games ever made and that's saying a lot.

• It's a great game but nothing I would rebuy for Switch, therefore just a HM.

• Gotta be honest, I've yet to play DK: Tropical Freeze (for sure going to get that Switch version at some point tho!), but I just had to make it an honourable mention because of the joy it brings Kyle, and listening to that sweet David Wise at the end of every 'Bosman v Woz' stream!!

• I never played it on Wii U but I am absolutely loving DK: Tropical Freeze on the Switch. I'm glad that this game has been given a second chance to find the audience it deserves.

• Maaaaan... i'm nearly finished with DKCTF, it would have been my number 2 for sure, if only the Switch version had come out sooner

• Dammit, I really should have delayed this thing! :(

• Transistor: Never really appealed to me. The art looks nice, but I'm not much of an indie game player these days, even 2014.

P.T: The first game from my list. It was actually number 2 back when I did my top 10 list for that year, I just changed it a little for this due to the reaction people had about its inclusion. I think it's one of the best things I've had the pleasure of playing for an awfully long time, it was beat out only by Dreamfall Chapters (it wont appear, so I don't care), but should this have been a full game with this degree of mystery and solving required, it might possibly have broke into my all time favourite games of all time.

Donkey Kong: It was actually in my top 10 for that year. I love it, but again it was one that got bumped due to this being a top 8. So many great games on the Wii U; like the Dreamcast, ill never view it as a "failed system", that's a system with a poor library of games to me.

• @axel said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!:

Dammit, I really should have delayed this thing! :(

You gave TONS of time, too much in my opinion. Thinking back to the speed of Gametrailers forums back in its hayday, I'm surprised people are as patient as they are.

• The switch version shouldn't even count for this list imo.

• @musou-tensei said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!:

The switch version shouldn't even count for this list imo.

I watched the EZA review of it, and all I could really see different was an, let's face it, unnecessary addition that caters to younger children that may pick it up. If you mean that the list should be about games you actually played in 2014 though, I actually agree

• @sheria Funky Kong is a god. That statement is blasphemy (kidding of course).

• @musou-tensei It's about the games that came out in 2014, not the games you played in 2014, so if you only got to play DK on Switch last week and thought it was awesome, why couldn't you vote for it considering it's essentially the same game?

• I only did games I played in 2014

• Alien: Isolation

#11. Alien: Isolation - 21 points

Votes

#1: 3 (DIPSET, TheOtherJohnP, tokeeffe9)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (Axel)
    #4: 1 (Jipostus)
    HM: 1 (Hazz3r)

Information

Release date: October 7 [US/EU]
    Developer: Creative Assembly
    Publisher: Sega
    Genre: Action-adventure, Stealth, Survival horror
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• This is one of those games that I probably would have rated higher in 2014 but I've forgotten the feeling you get. 10/10 horror experience in my mind but only the first few hours. I plan to do a 5 hour speed run for the trophy.