The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!

• Wow, this is a pleasant surprise! This series became better with every mainline installment, so seeing 1st game this high is totally unexpected (Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony was #18 in 2017).

I've discovered Danganronpa only in 2017, but liked it so much that V3 was my 2017 GotY (sorry, Persona 5). But since my impressions are so fresh I had to subtract some points to make it fair against games I've played in 2014. So, only 8th place from me.

• As a low-key fan of visual novels, this pleases me. I haven't played any of the Danganronpa games yet, but man if i had a one week vacation or something similiar i would blast through all of them.

• @bam541 I held off on the series for a long time but I can easily say starting the series is the best decision I've made all year. You should give it a go when you have a chance, it's such a light-hearted romp and nothing bad happens at all!.... Puhuhuhu.

• As a Phoenix Wright lover, I think it's about time I jump on that Danganronpa hype train.

• Danganronpa 1 has one of my favorite Video Game characters of the last decade.
    0_1526104701335_Sakura_Ogami.png

• Damn.. how did I forget DKC when I was trying to think of eight games?

• @sabotagethetruth Thaaaaaat's right, I remember now!

• Nice, Danganronpa this high. Who doesn't love Aoi's... donuts.

• Danganronpa? Nice.....I should have taken a much better look at the 2014 games list. whoops

• @tokyoslim I love Sakura so much. I think she's still my favorite character from the whole series.

• @logic__error As well she should be!

• Sakura is great, but if we're talking best character in the first game, it has to be....

alt text

• @sabotagethetruth Nah. Homie was bad at his job. :p

• Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

#9. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - 23 points

Votes

#1: 2 (A7X458, RARMSTAR)
    #2: 1 (Hazz3r)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (thenerdtheword)
    HM: 7 (ib0show, Sentinel Beach, Faaip, Sazime, Jipostus, Capnbobamous, Billy)

Information

Release date: September 30 [US], October 3 [EU]
    Developer: Monolith Productions
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• I waited to play SoM, and really liked it. Kinda bums me out that the description of the MTs in the sequel kept me from checking it out sooner. But, maybe this summer sale...

• If they made the same game twice, I would have bought Shadow of War but they didn't.

• I liked Shadow of Mordor, even platinumed it. The Nemesis system was something really cool and new, it gave me a lot of neat small moments when the same orc returned time after time challenging me. "You don't propably recognize me" etc., that one guy said when he appeared in front of me the fourth time, that time so beaten that he now actually had a Scarecrow type bag on his head. Then I finally decapitated him and that was the end of that story.

• For as much criticism as I’ve heard levied at Shadow of Mordor, there’s something intrinsically joyful about stalking orcs across that landscape. The nemesis system added more meaning to what could be repetitious encounters. Like many, the microtransactions in Shadow of War turned me away when there were so many other games to play in 2017.

• Danganronpa: I'd had my eye on this game for some time, so was an easy day one buy when it released here on Vita. I've been in love with the series since, even the anime was really enjoyable.

Shadow of Mordor: I'm not actually a fan of Lord of the Rings but I still grabbed this at release as it looked kind of interesting, I got burned out very fast on it though. With so many better examples out there though, I will say that I'm very surprised that they chose the combat system they did, it's even showed up in and bringing down Mad Max, which I'm playing at the moment. I might get back to complete it one day, but it's way down on the priority list.

• If I remember correctly, Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age: Inquisition were the two games that accrued the most GOTYs that year. I think the Nemesis system is a really neat idea, but I gave the Lord of the Rings franchise one attempt through the books and decided it wasn't for me once I finished. I don't know what exactly makes me averse to the property, but I respect Shadow of Mordor bringing something unique to gaming.