The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!

• @sheria well at least I know I wasn't the only one that voted for Drakengard 3 :(

I didn't actually finish it because honestly the game is pretty bad and I didn't want to keep going after a point, but what I played had so many great moments that it does make me regret not finishing it, I think it could be an absolute masterpiece if the gameplay were at least a bit above decent, it still left more of an impact that Automata did for me, though not as much as the original Nier.

Also in my eyes Danganronpa 2 just wasn't as good as 1, not to say it didn't have great moments or that I didn't like it, but yeah it is the low point of the series for me.

That said Ibuki is best girl of Danganronpa as a whole, no need to reply with your incorrect opinions.

alt text

• Yes, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is here. I like Danganronpa 2 more than Danganronpa, because of how clever this game twist my expectations created by first entry. It was both more of the same and something different at the same time. I ranked in #6 for the same reasons: I've played Danganronpa series in 2017, and since my memory is so fresh I had to subtract some points to make it fair against games I've played in 2014.

• Nekomaru Nidai FTW! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

• Its a very good game, but the reason i like danganronpa 1 more is because i figured it out at the beginning of 2, and wasn't nearly as surprised by the end as i was with danganronpa 1. I wonder if I'm a genius, or if everyone else found out right at the beginning as well.

• @sunpraiser The ending of Danganronpa 2 was a total surprise for me.

• @sunpraiser said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!:

Its a very good game, but the reason i like danganronpa 1 more is because i figured it out at the beginning of 2, and wasn't nearly as surprised by the end as i was with danganronpa 1. I wonder if I'm a genius, or if everyone else found out right at the beginning as well.

You're just the Ultimate Predictor ^^

While I consider all of the Dangan games pretty close to one another, I prefered the first myself. I just felt it was the tighter and better crafted of those two, and ultimately a better 'who done it'.

• I can't say anything more about Danganronpa than I have from the earlier entry. But I find it a little weird two games from the same franchise came out in the same year.

• Yeeesh Mordor is one of my least favourite games of all time. Beyond surprised it made it into the top 10 BEST.

• @brannox said in The EZA Community Top 25 Best of 2014!:

I can't say anything more about Danganronpa than I have from the earlier entry. But I find it a little weird two games from the same franchise came out in the same year.

It's really down to them being ports and late localisations. THH originally released in 2010, while 2 then came out in 2012. Both were PSP games.

• The Middle-Earth games have really made me ask questions of myself as to what makes me enjoy a game.

I have real problems with Shadow of Mordor: the story, boss fights, and the way it takes such liberties with the world Tolkien created and the themes he chose to focus on in his writings. But at the same time, there's just something so special for me about being in the world of Middle Earth, and any game that allows me to do that I can't help but really liking. Shadow of Mordor was also the first PlayStation game I'd played since the PS2 (missed the PS3 completely!), and I think the nemesis system is something fresh and innovative. Out of what I've played so far, Shadow of Mordor is still my favourite 2014 game.

But yeah, I guess I'm finding out that for me, even if the story or gameplay has flaws, the world of a game has a significant effect on how I "rank" games. Self-discovery is good! :)

• I still haven't played Danganronpa 2. Who knows, maybe it would have made my list instead of the first one (or another game).

• Global Moderator

I had forgotten that Shadow of mordor came out 2014. I really enjoyed it even though I never actually got around to finishing it

• Nice! I finally got on the list!~ What a good series. Love me those lovely characters and twists.

• Fun fact. I grew to HATE playing Danganronpa 2 until about 3/4ths of the way through the game. I don't know if it was because I played it back to back with THH or if it was something else but I got very very annoyed with 2. I connected with the characters way less and found the trials more frustrating (they took twice as long as the first game) BUT the ending made it all worth it. I loved the game by the time I was done. It's probably overall the superior game but I had a more enjoyable experience with the first one, which is why it placed higher on my list.

• Hopefully I will be starting Danganronpa soon

• Dark Souls II

#7. Dark Souls II - 24 points

Votes

#1: 3 (Faaip, FF7Cloud, Billy)
    #2: 1 (PepeElToro805)
    #3: 1 (NeoCweeny)
    #4: 0
    HM: 2 (Jipostus, Chocobop)

Information

Release date: March 11 [US], March 14 [EU]
    Developer: FromSoftware
    Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
    Genre: Action role-playing
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Never played it. lol

• And Dark Souls II makes its appearance! I surprised it didn't place in the top five. It's well established I'm not into Souls/Borne, therefore I cannot comment on the game personally. The only funny anecdote I have is I have a friend who loves the series prefers DS II over III when I've seen consensus opinion that III is superior because Miyazaki wasn't the director for II. I forget the reasons as to why he enjoys II more, but from an outsider's view, I find that funny considering I have no opinion on the matter.

• Wooooowwwwwww! You guys are KILLING me. Dark Souls II was one of the most disappointing sequels I've ever played. Beat it again last year because I thought I was possibly too harsh on it, but NOPE! I ended up disliking it waaaaaaay more than I originally did.

• @dipset More disappointing than Devil May Cry 2?