RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO)

• https://www.gamespot.com/articles/rage-2-being-developed-in-part-by-just-cause-studi/1100-6458925/

also its joint develop by id software and avalanche. sound like it will be best of both. id software shooting with avalanche driving/racing. now that would be fun.

Now im so hype!!. anything id software is doing especially after GOAT DOOM. its a win in my book.

• @marketplace_dc

Yeah I find the announcement to be pretty uncomfortable.

As per gameplay, id Software on shooting/engine and Avalanche on vehicles sounds wonderful.

• I liked the first game, but I also wasn't over hyped thinking it was going to be bigger and bolder than FO3, like some of the marketing behind it.

BE made the best of a bad situation, and I am hyped.

• ID has a good momentum right now so i hope for the best.

• That teaser tells me I'm not the audience for this game, I don't find the tone appealing at all, but I gotta respect the boldness. It's definitely more catchy than another grey-brown doom-and-gloom post-apocalyptic world. So they at least got my attention and I'll be curious to check out the gameplay trailer.

• Though I'm sure what I think about the tone of trailer, the main thing I get from the trailer is that it looks like some people had a lot of fun making it. Which just gives me some hope that they probably had a lot of fun making the game too. Speaks stronger to me than most other forms of advertising.

• I have, like, negative excitement for this game, which is odd considering I thought Mad Max was actually pretty neat and I've enjoyed the last few Id titles.

• Here is Gameplay trailer:
    Youtube Video

• WOW the gameplay looks so amazing. DOOM like gameplay and movement blend in Rage universe? thats what i was hoping and i really want.

I knew after DOOM id software can make really great Rage 2. and it seem like they did

Im so hyped for it.

• This post is deleted!

• Rage 2 looks like different games that were all similar I've played many times before, with aspects that don't vibe with me.

I'm happy for those who are looking forward to it, but personally, the gameplay trailer really didn't do much to get me wanting to play Rage.

It'll be a pass for me.

• Yeah. Still not interested. Looks like Borderlands without the neat comic book aesthetic.

• @el-shmiablo said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

Yeah. Still not interested. Looks like Borderlands without the neat comic book aesthetic.

When was last time borderland has this kind of amazing combat? if anything borderland has some of the worst shooting in FPS with bullet sponges enemies.

this is id software and they are far more talented than gearbox can ever be. Rage 2 will do everything better than borderlands. even original Rage which was kinda mediocre was better than borderlands in that regards.

• Wow, that looked absolutely amazing! Count me in.

• @black-cell You saw a few seconds of shooting in an incredibly fast cut trailer.
    Calm down dude.

• @sheria said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

Wow, that looked absolutely amazing! Count me in.

Yeah. now i have reason to Hype for RAGE 2 again. im so hyped like id software shooting combine with avalanche open world that sound too good to be true.

its GOTY material right there. better than i expected.

@el-shmiablo said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

@black-cell You saw a few seconds of shooting in an incredibly fast cut trailer.
    Calm down dude.

the few second of shooting show how to do amazing shooting. its id software after all on id tech 6. they dont make bad games.

• Global Moderator

This looks really awesome, but gonna wait for reviews first, will have to see if I can be arsed with yet another open world game.

• I'm impressed and I'm also very happy to be excited for an FPS game for the first time in FOREVER! I know the trailer was a super sizzley cut, but I can tell the graphics are nice, I can see the game has a good speed, I can see I'll have fun driving (the car combat in RAGE was almost good but pretty disappointing), and I THINK I could tell that there is going to be some nice enemy variety.

Count me in! With that said, I'll never buy a physical box for this game. 100% downloading on PC. I'll put up a poster of the Catherine cover art in my living room before I hold that weird scene-girl box art for RAGE 2.

• I'm curious, of those not excited for this, what you folks thought of Doom, Prey, Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein and the Just Cause series.

I have petty reasons for not playing Prey, but man. That pedigree.

• @sazime

I AM excited for Rage 2, but I can give you reasons why I haven't played some of the games you listed. None of them have an x-factor for me. This is purely based on trailers and reviews and I have not played any of the games you listed except for Wolfenstein The New Order which had the x-factor of a good story.

Nothing against those games, but I'm more intrigued by Rage 2 based on the vehicular combat and the precedent of very compelling enemy AI which was in Rage 1. I got burnt out on FPS last gen, but I am starting to feel the itch again. I may try Wolf II in the future.