RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO)

• @mbun Yeah, that's probably just an edit for the video. They sprinkled similar kinds of shots near the end too.

• Did you hear that this game has a "progress booster" and "cheat codes" but you can only get them if you buy the collectors edition or the digital deluxe version and no one is talking about it??

My hype for this game went from day one buy to a wait and see.

• Youtube Video

new trailer. looks incredible fun. cant wait.

• This'll be out in two weeks, I suddenly realized.

Rage 2 - What Is Rage 2? Official Trailer
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach
    Feels weird that there's hardly been any marketing for this.
    Then again it could possibly be part of the ripple effect caused by Fallout 76. I mean hell I know at one point Amazon dropped the price on this to like $32 shortly after 76 released.

• Rage 2's marketing team is killing me right now, goddamn geniuses.

• RAGE 2 – Official Launch Trailer
    Youtube Video

• Currently 72 average after 24 reviews. Hmm. I was hoping for more 8x reviews, to be honest. The combat sounds really good, apparently, but the campaign demands some weird grinding but is also at the same time suprisingly short, too? The surrounding world doesn't seem to hold up either too well.

"Summary: Early reviews seem to have a consistent theme: RAGE 2's combat is great, perhaps even best-in-class. Unfortunately, it's hindered by its campaign, characters, and world."
    https://opencritic.com/game/7123/rage-2

• I'm surprised too, all the previews and early footage seemed to point towards a solid 80+.

It's really not that easy to make engrossing open-worlds, the competition's fierce these days.

• seem 72 and its fine. its got what it deserve.

I was initially hyped for it year ago but my hype was toned down when i heard its only avalanche is making it while id software are assisting it. as a result id part that is shooting turn out great while avalanche part that is open world turn out bland.

• I'm still excited, still picking it up tomorrow. The metacritic score is not too concern for me cuz Days Gone is also sitting at a 72 and i'm freaken loving that game.

• I haven’t fully dove into the reviews yet but I could tell I wasn’t going to like the characters or story the second I saw the box art.

I liked Rage 1 but I felt the same way, gameplay (mainly gunplay/AI) was awesome, the rest was pretty lame.

I think I’ll wait for DOOM Eternal as my jumping in point for my return to FPS games.

• @b-cell said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

its got what it deserve.

I... uhh... what?

Poor grammar aside, how bitter and mean-spirited do you have to be to wish for a game to fail? The game got what it deserved because it was only partially developed by id? I actually have no words for how baffling a person you are.

• @capnbobamous said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

@b-cell said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

its got what it deserve.

I... uhh... what?

Poor grammar aside, how bitter and mean-spirited do you have to be to wish for a game to fail? The game got what it deserved because it was only partially developed by id? I actually have no words for how baffling a person you are.

7 is fail? i though 7 is good score

7 means good. and i cant wait to play it too.

• Review scores of games these days are so off the mark, I cant remember the last time the average correctly reflected the quality of a game.

Picking mine up tomorrow. Could be a 10/10, could be a 1/10 at this point.

• Had to cancel my order on it, had some other bills pop up last minute

• @sheria said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

Review scores of games these days are so off the mark, I cant remember the last time the average correctly reflected the quality of a game.

Picking mine up tomorrow. Could be a 10/10, could be a 1/10 at this point.

most reviewers actually praise id style gunplay while bashing its open world and driving part. which is what i feel id software saved this game. or in other words is Doom: Far cry edition.

• I wonder if the perceived shortness is just attributed to how fast you can move through the world. Like if the devs wanted to get you from combat section to combat section at a quicker clip, but that significantly cut down on the game's overall length. Hard to say if it is just that or really not enough "missions" in the campaign.

• @mbun
    I havent gotten to look into the reviews of this game, is shortness a common complaint? Where I am in life right now a shorter game isn't a bad thing, might mean I'll actually beat it.

• @themarcv Supposedly a complaint in reviews yeah. I understand, I definitely prefer value of games I can play for a good while myself. I'm just cautious at the wording of "demands some weird grinding but is also at the same time suprisingly short, too?" Like what defines "grinding" in a game like this? Are you being forced to replay missions over and over, or is the critic simply complaining they had to play some side missions too between main ones? Cause I remember similar controversy with last Assassin's Creed, where critics seemed upset they had to play anything but the main missions to be proper level to finish the game unless they bought MTX boosters.