RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO)

• @black-cell You sure have taken a lot from the 15 seconds of fast cut gameplay in that trailer.

• @el-shmiablo
    dued remember who your talking about and what he suffers from
    Youtube Video

but in all seriousness it's like 10 seconds of quick cut footage, hardly enough to make any real judgment on.

• Even though I'm still not sold at all by the juvenile tone of their marketing, I gotta admit the game looks good in that trailer. Enemy density and variety looks impressive, and the mix of shooting and driving is promising. Not a game for me, but should make fans of the genre happy!

• You say juvenile, I say high-energy. Tomato/tomato. Not saying you are wrong, I just get a much different impression than some here I suppose.

• I heard that this is a spring 2019 game so does that mean we are gitting a DOOM 2 or elder scrolls this year??

• @frasafrase said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

You say juvenile, I say high-energy. Tomato/tomato. Not saying you are wrong, I just get a much different impression than some here I suppose.

100% agreed.

• @black-cell

But you have seen about 20 seconds in a fast cutting trailer...

Also, Mad Max (by Avalanche) is pretty by-the-numbers open world game. I love Just Cause 2 which I think was relatively different than other open world games at the time, but judging by their last 2 games (JC3/Mad Max), they aren't deviating from a standard open world formula. Not sure why you jump to conclusions about Rage 2 being any better or different.

• @dipset said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

@black-cell

But you have seen about 20 seconds in a fast cutting trailer...

Also, Mad Max (by Avalanche) is pretty by-the-numbers open world game. I love Just Cause 2 which I think was relatively different than other open world games at the time, but judging by their last 2 games (JC3/Mad Max), they aren't deviating from a standard open world formula. Not sure why you jump to conclusions about Rage 2 being any better or different.

Because

alt text

They dont make bad games.

• @black-cell They made the original Rage, and that was, IMO, not very good.
    I know you love Doom, but lightning doesn't always strike twice.

• @el-shmiablo said in RAGE 2 announced trailer - Joint develop by avalanche studio and id software:

@black-cell They made the original Rage, and that was, IMO, not very good.
    I know you love Doom, but lightning doesn't always strike twice.

Different id software and different era.

• Rage 2 looks more interesting than Rage 1 by comparison, but I'll wait. I loved the music they used in the trailer. The game looks to be a better Mad Max game, than the official Mad Max game.

• This trailer had a bit of an agenda in that it was trying very hard to frame itself with the music, fast cuts, chaos and whatnot....
    That aside, the idea of an open world game in the rage universe made by Id and Avalanche has promise. There is a lot you could do with this. Many of the open world games of today work and play more or less the same way, and the rage world feels like ripe footing for innovation, should that be the goal of the developer.

• Youtube Video

This is also one of the best game of E3 and deserve more attention.

• Extended Gameplay from QuakeCon. Looks super good!

Youtube Video

• It looks amazing. I honestly can't believe some of the U-Turns some franchises are taking this generation when you consider how things were planning out in the last. It's not everything, but I'm honestly a little gobsmacked to see things like RAGE and DOOM ditch the temptation for pushing a more realistic, slower paced story in favour for just balls to the walls action again.

• @sheria said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

It looks amazing. I honestly can't believe some of the U-Turns some franchises are taking this generation when you consider how things were planning out in the last. It's not everything, but I'm honestly a little gobsmacked to see things like RAGE and DOOM ditch the temptation for pushing a more realistic, slower paced story in favour for just balls to the walls action again.

I agree. like for example last gen resident evil games were utter crap. but this gen. RE7 is great and RE2 Remake looks like best in series easily.

Hitman Absolution was crap and reboot Hitman is Excellent. Metro Exodus looks like it will be best in series and fill the gap that Stalker left.

kinda shame Deus Ex turn worse. HR was masterpiece and MD was disappointment. i only beat once and never looked back.

• @black-cell said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

@sheria said in RAGE 2 (PC/PS4/XBO):

It looks amazing. I honestly can't believe some of the U-Turns some franchises are taking this generation when you consider how things were planning out in the last. It's not everything, but I'm honestly a little gobsmacked to see things like RAGE and DOOM ditch the temptation for pushing a more realistic, slower paced story in favour for just balls to the walls action again.

I agree. like for example last gen resident evil games were utter crap. but this gen. RE7 is great and RE2 Remake looks like best in series easily.

Hitman Absolution was crap and reboot Hitman is Excellent. Metro Exodus looks like it will be best in series and fill the gap that Stalker left.

kinda shame Deus Ex turn worse. HR was masterpiece and MD was disappointment. i only beat once and never looked back.

A few games looked at their criticism and thankfully listened., though this was past when it mattered. DE listened poorly, but Doom was one example of this; Hitman was another. We've unfortunately lost some games in the process though.