Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch)

• @mbun said in Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch):

I'd like to hear your ideas [regarding pokebox and dungeons].

Simple change: You don't have a pokebox in your bag. In your bag is just a "wireless communication and teleportation device" which connects to a pokemon storage professor oak has for you in his lab. Give it a fancy name. Usual the functionality is exactly like now in Let's Go. In special "danger zones" (like dungeons, dense forests etc.) the teleport doesn't work because of "atmospheric interference" or some other excuse. In these you only have basic communication with your box (aka sorting, managing, releasing pokemon to oak for candy, renaming...) but you are limited to your party because teleport of Pokemon from your storage to your location doesn't work.

@mbun said in Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch):

Sure. It just really feels from my perspective like you're ignoring many problems or sweeping things under the rug, because you enjoy the other things the game is doing or just how comfy it is in general. Feel free to keep responding to me though. As heated as I'll get about Pokemon and where this could take the franchise, I won't hold any grudges against you personally for disagreeing with me about the finer points of the games.

Sure. It just really feels from my perspective like you're blowing the problems way out of proportions and are purposely missunderstanding my arguments or shorten / twisting my words to fit your narrative. I acknowledged enough problems with Let's Go myself and explained, why most of them don't bother me personally. Disagreeing with you on the other points doesn't mean that I "ignore problems" or "sweep them under the rug". It just means, I don't see them as problems or have a different take on them.

But I think at this point we have exchanged every important argument between us and every further discussion will just repeat the same arguments in other words. I could not convince you and you could not convince me.

So lets just agree to disagree on Pokemon Let's Go.

• Some good news around Pokemon Let's Go Sales:

According to the official twitter tweet, Pokemon Let's Go has sold 3 million copies in its first week.

It now holds the record for the best-selling first week for any Switch title since the console launched, placing Pokémon Let's Go ahead of best-sellers such as Super Mario Odyssey and launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It doesn't reach the first week sales from Pokemon Sun & Moon on 3DS in its first week, but the Switch has still a much smaller install base than the 3DS (or the gameboy for the older titles). So these numbers are not exactly comparable.

We will see how long this record holds with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate just around the corner, but I'm still happy that Pokemon Let's Go seems to be a success despite the mixed reactions from some old fans. Even the metacritic user score now slowly but steady rises (after the initial review bombing on release day), since users now had time to actually play the game.

Pokemon Let's Go also boosted the sales in Japan for the Switch itself from previous around 50.000 units to 200,850 units in this week. That means that the Switch amounted to over 88% of console hardware sales in Japan during the release week of Pokémon: Let’s Go (for comparison: PlayStation 4: 8,922 units, PlayStation 4 Pro: 8,867 units)

• @guthwulf said:

Even the metacritic user score now slowly but steady rises (after the initial review bombing on release day)

People made Reddit posts to positive bomb it to raise the user score. Just people bombing it both ways.

Also worth noting Amazon Japan disabled reviews on the product, because so many Japanese people were leaving negative reviews on it.

• @mbun said in Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch):

@guthwulf said:

Even the metacritic user score now slowly but steady rises (after the initial review bombing on release day)

People made Reddit posts to positive bomb it to raise the user score. Just people bombing it both ways.

Also worth noting Amazon Japan disabled reviews on the product, because so many Japanese people were leaving negative reviews on it.

Review Bombing is either way dumb and childish. But the initial review bombing (on release day without players having even enough time to play the game) was overwhelming negative (Metacritic Userscore: 3.x). And yeah... that might provoke other idiots who try to counter that review bombing with their own review bombing. Sadly, that is more and more part of todays fandom & shitstorm culture under hardcore fans. The viewpoint of an average player and the few constructive reviews usually don't get recognized because of that bs. But all that doesn't negate the success, Pokemon Let's Go had with sales so far.

• @guthwulf said:

But all that doesn't negate the success, Pokemon Let's Go had with sales so far.

I agree with everything else you said, but cmon. It is the first mainline Pokemon game on the Nintendo Switch. It was guaranteed to sell extremely well.

Anyways, here's our hint at where Gen 8 will likely take place:
    unknown map
    closeup of map

There's all kinds of mixed speculation right now for what that is supposed to represent, so I won't throw out any specific places, just that this likely is related to Gen 8's region as GameFreak has done stuff like this before to tease future games like this Alola poster in ORAS:

Alola ORAS

• My little brother hinted that my parents may have gotten me this game for Birthday or Christmas. At first I didn’t think anything of it, but then I thought about how this has actually gone full circle. When I was maybe 5 or 6 years old, either 1998 or 1999, my parents got me a Gameboy Color and Pokémon Blue for my birthday (which is Xmas Eve). It basically sparked my love of gaming.

Now I’ll be turning 24 and getting the remade version of Blue/Red/Yellow basically 19 years later. That’s so trippy when I think about it.

The game seems kinda easy and I’m not big on the catch everything that moves but it seems like I might enjoy this game after all based on gameplay I’ve seen. I have an itch to play Blue on my N64 or Ruby on my Gameboy Advanced SP because Pokémon is so hot right now.

• I need help. How in gods name do I make another Pokémon the first in my fighting order when I start a battle?

It is always Eevee who fights first, even when I put a different one ahead in the party screen but Eevee still starts the battle first.

EDIT: I must not have hit ENTER when I meddled with the party order. It works when I tried it again.

ALSO - can my Metapod not learn attacks through TM? I swear back on Pokemon Blue, I used to attack with my Metapod and he wouldn't evolve. I could use Harden and Tackle. I can't seem to teach my Metapod any TMs. One of my favourite things to do was to make a strong Metapod in Pokemon.

• @dipset according to bulbapedia Metapod can only learn one move (Harden) and Tackle from Caterpie, and after doings some research in Gen7 Caterpie learns bug bite at level 9 but in Let's go Caterpie doesn't learn any moves.

• This is making my head hurt. I want to plug in my N64 and find my save on Blue because I could swear I had an attack with my Metapod but apparently it’s not possible.

Am I going crazy here?