Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! (Switch)

• @darkenraul1 said:

They weren't kidding with how they made EV training much more simplified for this game

It's more simplified for people who don't know what they're doing but takes way longer for people who do, because they have to catch lots of said Pokemon, send them to Oak, then feed candies, instead of just Power Iteming up and grinding it out.

• Lots of new trailers coming out today with new info for this.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Also this very sexy world map!

alt text

• @axel It looks great but the S.S. Anne sure doesn't have a lot of places to go.

• @sabotagethetruth No wonder the cruise you go on in the game is so short.

I think Cycling Road and maybe the bottom right route (forget the number) are supposed to be elevated. Cycling Road in particular is built like a bridge if I remember correctly from depictions in the anime and such. It is for sure 100% man-made, although the early games display it as a landmass due to technical limitations of the time, and they might not have wanted to mess with that for this remake even though I'm pretty sure the original intention was for it to be a bridge. If you look at the cycling path in the Gen 3, Hoenn Region games you'll see what I mean. Pokemon didn't really do bridges well until Gen 5.

• Because I'm lazy, but maybe people care?
    Youtube Video

• Apparently there will be a way to get Alolan Forms in Let's Go without playing Pokemon GO, but they won't say how yet, and there's some reward or event triggered by catching 'em all in Let's Go.

• Highly suggest listening to but maybe not watching this video if you still plan to get this game.
    Youtube Video

Not going to list everything said, but the big one is there's no hold items or abilities in Let's Go.

• @Mbun Were abilities or hold items in the original Red and Blue games? Can't remember when those features were introduced.

• @axel Held items were gen 2, abilities were gen 3.

• @axel No, but both were added in for Fire Red / Leaf Green, the previous Gen 1 remake. This is more a deliberate sign of how "simple" they're keeping this.

• WHY THERE’S NO HELD ITEMS AND ABILITIES?? IF THIS GAME WASN'T CASUAL ENOUGH, NEXT WEEK THEY WILL ANNOUNCE THAT THERE’S NO PP AND IF YOU ALL YOUR POKÉMON FAINT YOU WILL STILL WIN!!

• Ok so they're really going for a game as simple as the originals, only with different catching mechanics and of course these shiny new graphics.

No doubt it'll appeal to the Pokemon Go crowd, but I think I'll wait for next year's game, too many better things to play these days.

• Not going to post the trailer, because it spoils the cool intros for the Legendary Pokemon, but they released a new trailer that definitively confirms you do battle the Legendary Pokemon before going into catch mode with them.

Why couldn't they just do this with all the Pokemon?

• People have the game, and it has been getting heavily datamined.

If you have a question that'll affect your purchasing decision, post and if it has been covered I'll answer it in spoilers to respect people who don't want to know.

• I pre ordered the mew pokeball and will buy the Pikachu version because i hate Eevee but i have questions :

1-Does the game have gym badges?
    2-how do you evolve pokemon?
    3-can you play without motion sensors or a pro controller?

• @a7x458 Since none of your questions are from datamine stuff, I'll just answer them in the open. Game does have badges. You evolve Pokemon the same normal ways at level thresholds and with evolution stones and such I'm pretty sure. As for the third question...

Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! do not require players to use motion controls or physical gestures when in Handheld Mode. Instead, players can use the joystick on the left Joy-Con controller to aim and press the A button to throw a Poké Ball. The simulated throwing motion associated with the Joy-Con controllers or Poké Ball Plus are intended to enhance the gameplay experience, but are not required to play these games.

there is no function to turn off motion controls but that does not impact that player’s ability to use the buttons and joysticks to play the game in handheld mode

Previously, it was reported that to catch a Pokemon in handheld mode you would have to “find” the Pokemon by physically moving the Nintendo Switch console to center the Pokemon in the screen, but this does not seem to actually be the case

All I could find on it. Basically, there's no menu option to turn off the motion control stuff. I've seen the menu and can confirm that. However when going handheld mode with the Switch, the game allows you to use alternative inputs instead of the motion controls to play. Doesn't sound like it is available docked, but I could be wrong on that.

• @mbun
    Silicon era had some article on it a week or so ago, no pro controller support, and no button setup when docked, you have to use the joy cons

• Every Pokemon is transferable in bulk in from Pokemon GO... EXCEPT Mew, cause buy our $50 accessory.
    By the way, there's end-game content you're also locked out of for not having Mew.

Self-explanatory. This game isn't balanced at all. You can add 200 to any stat of any Pokemon at any level through using enough Candy. That's probably why it doesn't allow you to battle random trainers online, only friends.

Broken moves on the partner Pokemon, which was to be expected honestly.
    Hopefully they won't be transferable to the new games, where they could do some real damage.

Due to the formula getting reduced for a couple Gens of Pokemon to where it is now and the way Let's Go works, Shiny Pokemon aren't really even rare anymore. That's without even using Catch Combos to increase rates of encountering one further.

alt text

Notice that critic versus fan disparity? On top of the above issues, the game has dodgy UI especially while using the PokeBall Plus which gives you less buttons to navigate menus, sketch motion controls that you'll be using the entire game and can't turn off even in handheld mode, no day / night cycle even though that wouldn't make it harder for casuals so there's no logical reason not to include this, no bike cause you can ride Pokemon instead, no fishing rods cause Pokemon spawn on the overworld, tons of reused animations from previous games for trainers plus almost every battle animation in the game is reused with exception of the new moves, can't play slots in the Game Corner and there's no replacement for it, Pokemon can wander out of tall grass and bump into you initiating a battle, friendship levels now boost a Pokemon's stats, you can run from Trainer Battles now after being told you can't since the franchise began, a gym gated behind catching a certain number of Pokemon which ruins Nuzlockes, another gym gated behind having a higher level Pokemon than the Gym Leader has, very limited number of outfits unlike previous games with custom clothing features, no physical Pokemon scaling despite a system in game involving mentioning Pokemon's size and weight differences even though they're 3D models, lags in handheld mode because Pokemon spawning on the overworld, no hold items or abilities despite the past Gen 1 remakes having this to make it easier for new players even though they kept IVs and natures, endgame gated behind a sold separately accessory, and hilariously enough the postgame actually is the grindiest thing in all of Pokemon's rich history since you need to raise 151 Pokemon to around level 70 or stat inflate them all with Candy which is extra hilarious when people were praising this game up until launch for how the new spawning system would mean less grinding now.