2018 FIFA World Cup

• Argentina's defense was an absolute shambles. Instead of tightening up after that mistake they fell further apart. That 3rd goal especially should never have happened.

Given how aggressive Croatia were throughout the entire match, I'm not at all surprised at the outcome. I'm just glad I have them in the sweepstakes at work! :P

• Ugh, these games are pretty awful for me to try and catch in my timezone, turns out. I did watch Argentina-Croatia though finally, boy that seemed pretty brutal. Never too excited when things get ugly.

• Peru deserved better, I feel like in any other group they would have qualified. Very happy with the result obviously, France was much more in control than against Australia, they're clearly gearing up, our defence is extremely solid, Pogba and Kante are very effective, I'm just waiting for Griezmann to become a bit more deadly.

Croatia is pretty scary so I sure hope we won't face them in the round of 16, go Iceland!

• Not getting many free scoring matches so far, teams who score first seem to defend and hold their lead rather than killing the game off. Ronaldo for example scored early for Portugal and they just saw the game out. France pretty much did the same against Peru and Uruguay against Saudi Arabia.

Modric goal though went against that mentality, what a strike! Really Impressed with Croatia, restricted Argentina to few chances. They're going to be difficult to get past. I'm ashamed I ever doubted them.

Feel sorry for Morroco, they've played some great football, should have scored a couple against Iran in the first 30 mins and if they had a better attacking force could have beaten Portugal

Peru another unlucky side, South American sides in general have t performed at this World Cup so far. Only Uruguay have won. Interesting to see how Brazil get on today.

I suspect a lot of eyes will be on Iceland v Nigeria. Determine where Argentina stand, hope Iceland can make it.

@axel said in 2018 FIFA World Cup:

Peru deserved better, I feel like in any other group they would have qualified. Very happy with the result obviously, France was much more in control than against Australia, they're clearly gearing up, our defence is extremely solid, Pogba and Kante are very effective, I'm just waiting for Griezmann to become a bit more deadly.

Croatia is pretty scary so I sure hope we won't face them in the round of 16, go Iceland!

France look like group winners, so wouldn't you rather get Argentina over Iceland on current form?

• @robert7lee If it's yesterday's Argentina, then yes. But I feel like if they make it out of the group they could be more dangerous than Iceland in the knock-out stages, Messi will wake up eventually, I don't want it to be against us. But we could very well lose against Iceland too so whatever :)

• I love that Pogba and Kantè do all the work and Mbappè gets man of the match.

• @a7x458 Yeah man of the match is a joke, only goals scored seem to matter.

• @axel you are not getting much beetter from Sanpaoli's Argentina, they have been this much of a mess for a while but people seem to juat realize that is the case, I mean Messi had to pull a hat trick on their last qualifier against and underperforming Ecuador for them to even qualify, this sia the firat time I can recall them having any difficulties just qualifying, with how weak they are on defense and so poorly coached no atrong team should have a problem with them as Croatia evidence yesterday.

Meanwhile I'm hoping we don't get hammered by Brazil today, but the outlook is rough

• @bard91 said in 2018 FIFA World Cup:

@axel you are not getting much beetter from Sanpaoli's Argentina, they have been this much of a mess for a while but people seem to juat realize that is the case, I mean Messi had to pull a hat trick on their last qualifier against and underperforming Ecuador for them to even qualify, this sia the firat time I can recall them having any difficulties just qualifying, with how weak they are on defense and so poorly coached no atrong team should have a problem with them as Croatia evidence yesterday.

Meanwhile I'm hoping we don't get hammered by Brazil today, but the outlook is rough

So close to getting a draw, On second half performance Brazil probably deserved to win but man was it close. Heartbreaking.

I wish diving was a straight red card now we have VAR

• Group D is now super interesting, the third round will resolve everything. Well, except that Croatia is definitely already in, but the other three still all have a chance. Nigeria - Argentina will be a do-or-die match, both need a win to keep the dream alive. And for Argentina that isn't even enough, as Iceland could still pass them. Really exciting situation.

Serbia - Switzerland is beginning right now. With a win Serbia will move forward, they'll chase that like crazy now, I think.

• @robert7lee said in 2018 FIFA World Cup:

I wish diving was a straight red card now we have VAR

That would lead to a loooooooooooooooooooooooooot of 7 on 7 matches.

• Switzerland turning tables like a pro! Beautiful goals from Xhaka and Shaqiri.

Group E looks a lot like D now as well.
    Brazil 4
    Switzerland 4
    Serbia 3
    Costa Rica 0

Serbia - Brazil will be intense!

• Belgium today: like a boss. I wonder who wants to face them.

• @sentinel-beach said in 2018 FIFA World Cup:

Belgium today: like a boss. I wonder who wants to face them.

You'd imagine Columbia might have the. Best chance against them. Japan, Senegal and Poland would definitely get a rough time. But who knows.

I'm going to stick my neck out today and say I'm convinced Sweden will beat Germany. I never go against the Germans but the whole thing about the previous winners going out in the group stages and then losing to Mexico. They might be the better team or get done by a harsh decision from the referee but I think this is their end.

• Germany. :´(
    After the first half 1-0 for Sweden...

• Holy shit Germany, you are the champs for a reason

• @robert7lee Colombia* not Columbia

• DEUTSCHLAND! Un-fucking-believable! You can't make this shit up. Damn this feels good!

• @bard91 said in 2018 FIFA World Cup:

@robert7lee Colombia* not Columbia

Wow I've been spelling Colombia wrong all my life that's not the only thing I was wrong about. This was like Huber convinced Rockstar would show up at E3

I was so convinced Germany's desperation would cause them to lose especially after Boateng saw red. Sweden were great in the first half and that save from Neuer at the end of the half, so Important. Great mentality to come back. What a game, what drama and finish!!

• Toni Kross is so clutch! It's the first WC match i actually watched the whole way through due to time constraints, and i'll say it's pretty entertaining. South Korea should be an easier match, but with the state of the Germans this time, anything can happen.