EZA curates June games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• A thread for sharing new games coming out in June... what are you personal picks/interests of the month?

Did you discover some small game that not everyone knows about?
    Share that and let us know what it is about!

Already know a thing or two that interests you?
    Make a list of your interests and/or possibles!

Don't know what's so great about an upcoming game you keep hearing about?
    Ask here!

Don't follow gaming news that closely and just want to passively see what BigGames™ people care about?
    This is the place!

~

Going into more detail:

The basic idea is to list new games that you are interested in, as well as games you are potentially curious about or want to give wider attention to. You can briefly describe them or ask other people to help fill you in. The hope is that regular threads like these can act as a collective filter/discovery mechanism to help people decide what is worth checking out.

"New games" means any new title that is being released or ported this month in any capacity (not "backlogs/what you are playing this month"). The angle here is sharing your anticipation and promoting game discovery (as opposed to sharing comments about a first playthrough in progress - that belongs elsewhere).

• If you want a handy list of the 'consensus' top upcoming games of the month, here's one text list. Feel free to post other lists like these that you find useful.
    • Final request: If you are the first person to mention a game please provide (at minimum) a short sentence description. (If it is a very big AAA release though, then don't worry about it.) This is a good convention that makes the thread more useful as a discovery mechanism, and especially helps out anyone who doesn't follow the news as closely as you.

• Onrush! It's a cool-looking arcadey racing game, a rare breed these days. It's made by Codemasters, a well-known racing game developer. For purely comparison purposes, i would say that this game combines the dirty and somewhat "crazy" vibes of Motorstorm (some of the developers of Motorstorm is in Codemasters too btw) with the outlandish thrills of games like Trackmania Turbo.
    Youtube Video

• Very curious to see how Vampyr turns out. Loved Life is Strange (same dev), but its not exactly an action-RPG so reviews will def play a major role in whether this is a purchase for me.
    Youtube Video

• Not a lot for me in June. I have the Muv-Luv Complete set collections edition pre-ordered on Rice Digital for Vita, and then there's The Lost Child which comes out on the 22nd.

• For this month I've got quite a few.

• Vampyr (5th, PS4)

Been looking forward to this one since it was announced and I love everything I've heard about it so far, it sounds ambitious and unique. But the gameplay footage that's been shown recently was not entirely reassuring, especially the combat. So I'll definitely wait for reviews.

• Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (8th, Switch)

I was intrigued by it when it was revealed last year and I'm stoked it's coming to Switch, couldn't be bothere to pick up my 3DS again for it. This was going to be a day-one buy until they revealed the price: $50!! I thought for sure this was going to be a budget title like Snipperclips or Pushmo, for $20 I wouldn't hesitate, but that price tag is very discouraging. They'll have to seriously justify the price for me to pick it up now

• Mario Tennis Aces (22nd, Switch)

Very happy about the single-player adventure mode, although I remain skeptical about its length. I'm about to try the demo, so I'll have stronger opinions about it very soon.

• Only new game I'm interested in is The Lost Child but since that's a NISA localization I can't pre-order it and gonna have to wait for confirmation that they didn't fuck this one up. It's a Kadokawa game though and they are usually strict with NISA so there is hope.

The Lost Child is a 1st person dungeon crawler by the developer of El Shaddai.

• Sorry, forgot about the detail. Musou has briefly described The Lost Child.

Muv-Luv - Visual Novels

The Muv-Luv series is an epic saga told in three parts: Muv-Luv Extra, Muv-Luv Unlimited, and Muv-Luv Alternative. What begins as a tongue-in-cheek romantic comedy ultimately transforms into an action-packed thrill ride in a war-torn alternate reality, and its this drastic-yet-methodical genre twist that makes the final chapter the most highly-revered visual novel of all time. This is a story that will plant seeds in your brain early in the first act that you wont even notice until they sprout in the third for maximum narrative payoff and crushing emotional impact. Don't fall for Extras cutesy exterior. This series ventures into some of the darkest thematic territory you'll ever see, and when the final curtain closes, you'll likely need a forklift to pick your jaw up off the floor. Make no mistake: this is a story that will challenge you in ways few works of fiction dare attempt, and an emotional tour de force unlike any other.

It's out on Steam, but as far as I know, these are the first physical editions readily available in English.

• @musou-tensei said in EZA curates June games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

The Lost Child is a 1st person dungeon crawler by the developer of El Shaddai.

This one slipped under my radar, never heard about it until just now. Thanks! I love dungeon crawlers and briefly glimpsing at Lost Child shows promise so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

• The Lost Child is kinda like a Shin Megami Tensei game. Recruit demons to battle at your side.

• @axel Sushi Striker has a free demo available if you want to get a feel for how it plays. Maybe it'll help you decide if you want it day one.

• Jurassic World Evolution! Out on June 12th.
    I have a soft spot for these types of games, so I hope this is good.

Am also interested in reviews of Vampyr and Onrush.

• @ozymandsss I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who really liked their first game, Remember Me, which was a sort of action game with rhythm combat and a Ghost Trick style gimmick where you could alter people's memories.

• Global Moderator

I'm also really looking forward to Jurassic World Evolution. Original movie is one of my favourites, I'd a great time with Operation Genesis and this game just looks like a much more polished version of that. So very very interested.

• @el-shmiablo I am aware of Remember Me but I missed it. Does it hold up? Is it worth a play nowadays? Or should I just replay Life is Strange for the third time and hope that Vampyr lives up to its pedigree?

• I'm so skeptical of Vampyr, I like the concept and setting but the gameplay I've seen makes me think the end result won't match their ambition, guess we will have to wait and see.

• Global Moderator

Onrush really feels like the game up my alley. However, I will wait for some reviews and I still feel like I want to clear out some more backlog before I buy another new game, but we'll see, the urge might be too big and I'll end up buying it.

• Jurassic Park is a cert for me because of the hours into Planet Coaster, if its in the same quality I hope to enjoy it a lot if there's no problems. Then Vampyr and Onrush of the only games I remember coming in early June. I'm unsure about both unfortunately even though arcade racers and vampire games seem so rare now.

• Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana on Switch

y'all should be paying more attention to this sucker, I had forgotten since I already beat it on PS4 but it is definitively worth checking out, a very enjoyable JRPG, seeing how the PC version was a trainwreck at release I would be wary and make sure it is alright on Switch before buying it, but if it is alright then I would for sure recommended (or you know the PS4/vita/PC versions), it won't set the world on fire but it will be a good time.

• This thread kind of got swallowed by E3 and all our E3 threads happening this month. But I want to revive it to mention at least two of the many new cool games that have been announced and released since E3.

The Awesome Adventures Captain Spirit. Announced during E3 and released just this week, it is a free prequel to Life is Strange 2. It is a story driven game about a young boy with a creative imagination and love for superheroes living with his drunky, unreliable father while they both cope with the death of the family's mother.

Lumines Remastered. This also released just this week. It is a "block dropping-style puzzle game" (i.e., a game like Tetris) by Tetsuya Mizuguchi. You may remember the original Lumines as a PSP launch game, and some call it even better than Tetris. This version has caught my attention due to the volume of praise I'm hearing about it.