EZA curates June games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?

• @musou-tensei said in EZA curates June games: What are you anticipating? What's worth checking out?:

The Lost Child is a 1st person dungeon crawler by the developer of El Shaddai.

This one slipped under my radar, never heard about it until just now. Thanks! I love dungeon crawlers and briefly glimpsing at Lost Child shows promise so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

• The Lost Child is kinda like a Shin Megami Tensei game. Recruit demons to battle at your side.

• @axel Sushi Striker has a free demo available if you want to get a feel for how it plays. Maybe it'll help you decide if you want it day one.

• Jurassic World Evolution! Out on June 12th.
    I have a soft spot for these types of games, so I hope this is good.

Am also interested in reviews of Vampyr and Onrush.

• @ozymandsss I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who really liked their first game, Remember Me, which was a sort of action game with rhythm combat and a Ghost Trick style gimmick where you could alter people's memories.

• Global Moderator

I'm also really looking forward to Jurassic World Evolution. Original movie is one of my favourites, I'd a great time with Operation Genesis and this game just looks like a much more polished version of that. So very very interested.

• @el-shmiablo I am aware of Remember Me but I missed it. Does it hold up? Is it worth a play nowadays? Or should I just replay Life is Strange for the third time and hope that Vampyr lives up to its pedigree?

• I'm so skeptical of Vampyr, I like the concept and setting but the gameplay I've seen makes me think the end result won't match their ambition, guess we will have to wait and see.

• Global Moderator

Onrush really feels like the game up my alley. However, I will wait for some reviews and I still feel like I want to clear out some more backlog before I buy another new game, but we'll see, the urge might be too big and I'll end up buying it.

• Jurassic Park is a cert for me because of the hours into Planet Coaster, if its in the same quality I hope to enjoy it a lot if there's no problems. Then Vampyr and Onrush of the only games I remember coming in early June. I'm unsure about both unfortunately even though arcade racers and vampire games seem so rare now.

• Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana on Switch

y'all should be paying more attention to this sucker, I had forgotten since I already beat it on PS4 but it is definitively worth checking out, a very enjoyable JRPG, seeing how the PC version was a trainwreck at release I would be wary and make sure it is alright on Switch before buying it, but if it is alright then I would for sure recommended (or you know the PS4/vita/PC versions), it won't set the world on fire but it will be a good time.

• This thread kind of got swallowed by E3 and all our E3 threads happening this month. But I want to revive it to mention at least two of the many new cool games that have been announced and released since E3.

The Awesome Adventures Captain Spirit. Announced during E3 and released just this week, it is a free prequel to Life is Strange 2. It is a story driven game about a young boy with a creative imagination and love for superheroes living with his drunky, unreliable father while they both cope with the death of the family's mother.

Lumines Remastered. This also released just this week. It is a "block dropping-style puzzle game" (i.e., a game like Tetris) by Tetsuya Mizuguchi. You may remember the original Lumines as a PSP launch game, and some call it even better than Tetris. This version has caught my attention due to the volume of praise I'm hearing about it.