Electronic Arts E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.

• Am I actually in the minority of people who wants Fight Night Campion 2 and Skate 4? Is this not in demand?

• @dipset
    Skate 4 no
    Fight Night Yes

• @musou-tensei
    I'm not a C&C fan, but I cant blame the long time fans for being pissed.
    And so far EA has given me the most marks from Bingo, cross off
    C&C Reboot
    Yearly NFL
    Yearly FIFA
    More Sports games
    "We've let you down"
    "We'ev Learned from our mistakes"
    and "EA announces another partnership title" (Sound of Solitude)

• I feel EA had a better host this year and showed some self-awareness (Battlefront 2 launch failures, referencing the A Way Out creator's memorable presence). They avoided a trainwreck, and made some improvements! Still, not the most exciting press conference, as expected. Baby steps.

I would have liked to actually know something substantial about the new Star Wars game :/

• Global Moderator

Well, that wasnt a good press. Kinda glad they spread out the sports stuff though rather than having a massive thing in the middle.

Andrea was a great host

Best bits were SOS and Unravel 2.

I wished that we would of seen something of Respawns star wars, but the hype is building!

Wished They actually would of said "sorry" though, but dont think EA will ever use that word.

Glad EA is over and now looking forward to the others

• @lotias
    Almost feels like the worst of the worst is out of the way, hopefully MS, Bethesda, Sony, Ubi, SE, and Nintendo deliver

• I wasn't expecting much from EA and they still let me down. I was hoping for some Battlefield gameplay, but I guess we'll see that at Microsoft for some reason...

SOS looks cool though

• Its kind of sad to see EA annoucing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order the way they did and giving us a release date. Overall the press conference was better than last year but I felt that there was nothing exceptional that stood out and blew me away. Kind a on the fence about Anthem but I like what they are doing and where they are going with the game.

• If they can't show the new Star Wars game at this moment, how are they supposed to have a fully functioning game in 1 year and 5 months?

• The thing that bothers me about EA (and other companies like Konami) is that they seem to speak investor-language only, and they don't realize that short-term profit can only get you so far when you have a bad reputation. I understand they are business and their goal is to make money, but I mean, for how long? They have at their disposal a bunch of IPs that, if handled correctly, can make them all the money they want, and then some, for as long as they wanted... But who cares, they have FIFA, right?

Also, they gotta know they're screwed when the best games they showed were not even their own.

• A bit late because of a function I had to go to but here we go:

The Anthem AR bit was fun, but pointless.

Battefield V had a pitiful showing. I'm shocked the didn't show a more coherent supercut of a multiplayer match. There was WAY too much talking here. Despite that, hammering home there WON'T be loot boxes and getting ahead of announcing Royale was smart.

The only interesting aspect of the FIFA portion was finding out Hans Zimmer contributed to the trailer.

For PC gamers, the EA Origins Access Premier announcement may have been a big deal, I'm just not in that ecosystem.

How. Can you unveil. A new STAR WARS TITLE AND RELEASE WINDOW. With NO visual aid OF ANY KIND?!?!

Battlefront II's candidness about its screwups was appreciated, but I don't know how Clone Wars Era content could be a major announcement. Speaking only for myself - Too little, too late.

Unravel 2 was nice announcement, particularly with it not only being demoed, but released TODAY.

I loved the speech from the lady during the Sea of Solitude portion, but I'm not sure what the game IS. From what I can tell, it's not something that speaks to me, but at least another small game got serious time.

More of the same from NBA Live and Madden make it the forgettable portions of the show.

Command & Conquer: Rivals is perhaps the biggest misfire I've seen in a long time. I feel bad for C&C fans. Imagine if they brought back Dead Space like that....

Anthem, while unorthodox, was.... fine? I guess? A lot of quirks that might get on my nerves, but I need to watch it again. With that being said, I'm going HARD DISAGREE with Misters Huber and Moore here: No PvP for Anthem is a personal plus and has put a concern to rest. So I fully agree with Mr. Hinck's comments on the matter.

Overall, despite Anthem, Unravel 2's shadow drop and Andrea Rene doing a wonderful job hosting, this was TERRIBLE. Another copy/paste conference with talking superseding gameplay. 5/10. At least I went 3.5/5 on my predictions though.

• @dmcmaster as a old C&C fan it hurts. Generals 2 getting cancelled and now this.

there is no hope for the franchise

• Another disappointing showing from EA, but were we expecting anything more from them haha. Great job by the indies who were given the time and space.

Did they mention Sea of Solitude being an exclusive to any platform, or could there be a chance we see it released on the Switch as well?

• @winsto The official site says coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. No Switch yet sadly.

• You know it's bad for EA when the only good thing they had to actually show off was Unraveled Two, don't get me started on that C&C mobile train wreck :(

• EA should just already release all old C&C games on GoG and Steam to atone for their sins.