Sony E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.

• @el-shmiablo
    Bluepoint is still independent, they just favor Sony it seems

Also cross one off my bingo card, Days Gone comes out February 2019

• @dipset that's a bit too long imo, i'll say 1 hour 30 minutes max, probably around 1 hour 20 minutes

• @bam541

I think they're going long. I expect them to dial into some stuff for a long time and have a lot of flare in between.

• Now that Microsoft have showed almost all thinkable third party surprises, i think Sony's stuff will be quite short and limited in comparison. They'll rely on the "Big 4" exclusives they have right now for sure. Except if they somehow manage to got the deal to show more gameplay of games like DMC V, it's going to be tough to "win" this E3. Especially if they have the less-appealing VR games and the obligatory Activision stuff holding them back.

Man, what an interesting E3 this is shaping up to be.

Also, now i predict that the conference length will be around 1 hour.

• Banned

The Microsoft conference made me so excited to play all those games on my PS4.

• If Rocksteady game doesn't show up i will be disappointed, and i have hope for a Bloodborne 2 or demon souls remake/remaster.

• Would have been 10/10 for me if that slow ass transition after TLOU Part II didn't exist. 9/10 will do, i respect the boldness of trying new ideas but they gotta think things through more.

• Hope never dies!

Resident Evil 2 Remake!

trailer:
    Youtube Video

• Very weak start with Naughty Dog game (yuck) but they showed some good stuff afterwards, good show overall.

• i was LMFAO when Shawn Layden said they were in a church Sony had built

• @yoshi Religious experience!

• Very weird conference, horrible pacing.

As of now, I'm hard out on Death Stranding. What's the gameplay? Hiking? It's cute to keep making cryptic masturbatory trailers and piling up famous actors but until they show me an actual videogame this is off my radar. I'm sure there's more to it, there's no way such a huge budget would be spent on a collection of cutscenes, but I'm not intrigued anymore, I'm uninterested.

The Last of Us 2 looks amazing though, both in terms of story and gameplay, no release date though, not even a year!

Spider-Man should be a fun ride!

Unsure about Ghost of Tsushima, it looks insanely gorgeous but I really hope there will be Japanese voiceover because it was super jarring to hear them talk when everything else is feels so authentic. The combat almost reminded me of Bushido Blade at first when he killed the guy in one hit, I would have loved that! I need to see more to be completely sold.

Resident Evil 2 Remake was such a good reveal! Excellent job, and wow what an amazing job they did, it seems it was worth the wait!

No MediEvil, no Splinter Cell, no FF7 makes me sad though!

• Banned

The first part of the conference was terribad. Like, who made the decision to show JUST TLoU Part 2 at a seperate venue and then have a 10 minute intermission with Shawn Layden and a bunch of other people nobody gives a FUCK about?

The rest of it was pretty decent, I think, especially those reveals and total surprises. Control was a standout to me, as I love pretty much anything Remedy does. RE2 looked amazing and that was such a GREAT way to reveal it.

• I felt so many very intense feelings watching this show, and I believe Mr. Bosman acted them out accordingly. It's taken awhile to fully get my thoughts and feelings in order and coming up with a score. Let's do this.

The Last of Us Part II was fantastic. The start with the banjo, having the presentation in a separate venue and the WORST part of the intermission were complete misfires. In order for such visceral split second irritation to have been avoided, I really feel Sony should have let everybody know ahead of time, "Hey, we're going to show one of our four deep dives in a separate venue, then transition to more inline of what you're expecting.

The ONLY interesting part of that intermission for me was finding out God of War is getting a New Game+. But that's press release material.

Ghost of Tsushima doesn't look like my kind of game. But I'm considering it. Why? That lighting. Oh. My. GOD. That's pretty.

When the Control trailer played, I started to get hope in the conference again because it wasn't an intermission, it wasn't one of the four, AND it wasn't a first party.

Resident. Evil. 2. Remake. That is all.

Trover Saves the Universe I COMPLETELY forgot about until after I just typed the last line. Ouch.

The Kingdom Hearts III trailer was practically a personal religious experience (a common theme from the earlier Last of Us bit). I won't badger anyone longer but... I need that game

Death Stranding was more Death Stranding: Showed new, compelling stuff. WE GET GAMEPLAY!.... I still have no idea what I'm looking at.

Nioh 2 was a surprising announcement (If you couldn't tell, it was at this point in the conference where my brain just jammed and couldn't function properly).

Spiderman showed pretty well. So much so in fact that I... might... be... finally... interested? I'm indecisive here.

At the start of writing this, I was going to score this a 7. Halfway through, I felt 7.5. I'm now feeling 8. Again, that intermission, in the moment, was beyond terrible. But I saw two of my TOP three most anticipated in the same conference. Everything EXCEPT the Trover game showed Phenomenally. This conference would have been tied with Microsoft without that intermission. I've decided. 8/10

• Banned

@brannox You are getting Ninja Theory and Team Ninja mixed up.

• @Brannox
    Ninja Theory was purchased by Microsoft. That's the DmC, Hellblade guys. Team Ninja is still part of Koei Tecmo.

• Nioh 2 was a pleasant surprise for me, even if the Ancient Japanese action game is getting crowded lately. Stack 'em up! :D

I think chances are though that this one is the least farthest along of the 3 (Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2), so maybe there will be plenty of release separation. Only Sekiro has a release date or year at the time of writing I believe, which is "2019".

• @El-Shmiablo @Sacred-Arfaid Thank you both for the correction! Making the edit. I appreciate it!

• I think Sony overvalued The Last of Us 2 at E3. I mean, I don't care about the game at all personally, but even if I was a diehard fan of the first and couldn't wait for the new one I still wouldn't have been happy with them taking forever to start the show with some banjo playing only to show one game before having to take a fifteen minute intermission to scuttle everyone into the actual theater and then introing their next game with even more music performances.

• Banned

@hanabi I think it is less Sony overvalueing TLoU and more them trying to do something different. Notice how they almost cut back to the desk during the conference? I think that was originally supposed to be a bigger part of the entire conference, but they could see people clearly didn't care for it and just played all their trailers back to back instead.

It was most certainly one of the worst formatted conferences in that regard. Thankfully they had the trailers and reveals to make up for it.