Nintendo E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.

• i'm clearly going to headline and win E3 all by myself this year.

alt text

• @yoshi I can't wait to get a release date for Yoshi, I played Woolly World coop with my girlfriend for a bit and she loved it so this would be an awesome game to go through with her.

@bam541 They've actually shown most Pokémon games before E3 in the past, Sun & Moon for example were first revealed a few weeks before E3 too. I think it's because Pokémon is such a global phenomenon that it doesn't limit itself to the core gaming audience that E3 mainly targets, and this allows them to dominate the headlines for a week rather than be lost in the shuffle. They'll still surely show more details about the game at E3, with hopefully reassuring news about the depth of the gameplay to satisfy the hardcore crowd. Showing Pokémon 2019 at E3 would just muddy their marketing campaign and risk people confusing the two, but hey if they end up proving me wrong I'll be delighted!

• I just want to see some Bayo 3 gameplay.

• @Musou-Tensei Oh yeah I totally forgot about Bayo 3!! Man, is it next week already??

• Something I haven't seen mentioned yet, how about DLC for Super Mario Odyssey? Zelda, Xenoblade, Splatoon, every major Switch game has gotten expansions so far so it would make sense for Mario to get one too. It would also be pretty straightforward, just add a few kingdoms with a loose story justification.

Although they might prefer to simply pull a Super Mario Odyssey 2 in a year or two instead, just like they did with Galaxy.

• I’m hoping for Fire Emblem to finally be shown off and given a release date. I need my strategy dating sim fix damnit! Apart from that I’m always interested in the smaller, weirder things Nintendo come out with to pad out their release schedule.
    Also hoping they go more in-depth on Pokémon Let’s Go Pikachu & Let’s Go Eevee although I guess that will probably happen during a Treehouse livestream.

• Everything Smash Bros. makes me excited, new characters etc. Other than that, some "only Nintendo" weird shit will propably make my day.

• alt text

Not a serious prediction, but the unrealistic crazy E3 Bingo Card is an annual tradition of mine.

• My final set of predictions! From LEAST to MOST confident:

5.) Metroid Prime remaster
    4.) We hear about the latest Fire Emblem
    3.) Animal Crossing has a trailer, but with a vague 2019 at the end
    2.) Metroid Prime 4 will also have a trailer with a vague 2019
    1.) The newest Yoshi comes out soon (before the end of August)

• Why does Smash look brighter every time? I prefer Melee's and Brawl's color palettes better.
    And how come Big Boss is not an Echo version of Snake? What a missed opportunity.

• Watching Brandon's face during the Smash part made me smile. He's talked about how he this time wants to learn the game (and be good at it against the other Allies), so he was super concentrated, trying to process all that data. :)

• This was the polar oppisite of the Sony conference, it started cool with Daemon Machina and Xenoblade 2 DLC but then went downhill, I couldn't give less of a shit about Smash Bros without a Brawl like singelplayer.

• Speaking as someone not in the Nintendo ecosystem, this was really great.

Daemon X Machina wasn't anything special to me, but I'm sure it made a splash to some.

Xenoblade 2 DLC now in hindsight seems like an obvious thing to do.

I like Reggie's speeches, and I felt it shrewd to put the Mew exclusive to the Pokeball plus announcement with him. But still, that's a little shady.

And another Mario Party. Curious on how the tech works from the trailer, but at the end of the day, Mario Party is Mario Party.

Fire Emblem Three Houses was perhaps the only thing NOT named Smash that impressed. It looked new and well designed.

Courtesy of a leaked picture I saw, the Fortnite announcement plus the Indie block of Overcooked 2, Killer Queen Black and Hollow Knight was a little spoiled. Really good gets though.

A second demo for Octopath Traveler is cool, but a month before launch is a tiny bit weird. Why wasn't it, say, two or three months ago?

The montage is a tiny bit disappointing ONLY because I wish just a little bit more time could have been given to some of the games shown. There was a lot of variety, a healthy mix of first and third party, and some big names.

And what can I say about Smash? EVERY character? Gameplay mechanic tweaks? Stage graphical improvement? Gamecube controller support? ALL amiibo support? Coming December 7th? Kudos Nintendo. (Also, because it comes so late in the year, it's eligible for 2019 GOTYs. Game Awards this year is on the 6th)

For a video to video comparison, less stuff, longer, and more dedicated than Square. Smash was the best game shown off in a presentation this year, bar none. And I'm a die-hard Kingdom Hearts fan. 9/10

• Daemon x Machina looked rad and My biggest dream for Smash wasn't "I want THIS weird third party/obscure character to be playable" but "I want EVERYONE back" and I got it, so I'm pretty damn content. Though the fact that Sukapon and Rodin are assist trophies is also pretty cool. Man I'm just so happy Snake and Pichu are back.

• B-B-B I THOUGHT HE WAS TOO BIG YOU GUYS? :P

0_1528828299738_ridley brawl.png

• I'm disappointed no one posted this
    Youtube Video

• @yoshi He was, so they shrunk him down.

• @musou-tensei and everyone said shrinking him would be stupid and make ridley not be ridley.

• @yoshi They were right, this is stupid.

• @musou-tensei Hey! you got your Shulk! Let me have my Ridley!!!