Nintendo E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.

• This was the polar oppisite of the Sony conference, it started cool with Daemon Machina and Xenoblade 2 DLC but then went downhill, I couldn't give less of a shit about Smash Bros without a Brawl like singelplayer.

• Speaking as someone not in the Nintendo ecosystem, this was really great.

Daemon X Machina wasn't anything special to me, but I'm sure it made a splash to some.

Xenoblade 2 DLC now in hindsight seems like an obvious thing to do.

I like Reggie's speeches, and I felt it shrewd to put the Mew exclusive to the Pokeball plus announcement with him. But still, that's a little shady.

And another Mario Party. Curious on how the tech works from the trailer, but at the end of the day, Mario Party is Mario Party.

Fire Emblem Three Houses was perhaps the only thing NOT named Smash that impressed. It looked new and well designed.

Courtesy of a leaked picture I saw, the Fortnite announcement plus the Indie block of Overcooked 2, Killer Queen Black and Hollow Knight was a little spoiled. Really good gets though.

A second demo for Octopath Traveler is cool, but a month before launch is a tiny bit weird. Why wasn't it, say, two or three months ago?

The montage is a tiny bit disappointing ONLY because I wish just a little bit more time could have been given to some of the games shown. There was a lot of variety, a healthy mix of first and third party, and some big names.

And what can I say about Smash? EVERY character? Gameplay mechanic tweaks? Stage graphical improvement? Gamecube controller support? ALL amiibo support? Coming December 7th? Kudos Nintendo. (Also, because it comes so late in the year, it's eligible for 2019 GOTYs. Game Awards this year is on the 6th)

For a video to video comparison, less stuff, longer, and more dedicated than Square. Smash was the best game shown off in a presentation this year, bar none. And I'm a die-hard Kingdom Hearts fan. 9/10

• Daemon x Machina looked rad and My biggest dream for Smash wasn't "I want THIS weird third party/obscure character to be playable" but "I want EVERYONE back" and I got it, so I'm pretty damn content. Though the fact that Sukapon and Rodin are assist trophies is also pretty cool. Man I'm just so happy Snake and Pichu are back.

• B-B-B I THOUGHT HE WAS TOO BIG YOU GUYS? :P

0_1528828299738_ridley brawl.png

• I'm disappointed no one posted this
    Youtube Video

• @yoshi He was, so they shrunk him down.

• @musou-tensei and everyone said shrinking him would be stupid and make ridley not be ridley.

• @yoshi They were right, this is stupid.

• @musou-tensei Hey! you got your Shulk! Let me have my Ridley!!!

• Smash 5 made me go :)
    No Metroid Prime 4 made me go :(

Also I hope the new Mario Party plays more like a traditional MP. Fuck that car ass bullshit.

• Ultimate is called Special in Japan...

Why?

• @el-shmiablo kinda looks like it plays like the classic games, and not the car ones.
    Which means Mario party murders will be a thing again

• @el-shmiablo said in Nintendo E3 Discussion. News, Predictions, Reactions, etc.:

I hope the new Mario Party plays more like a traditional MP. Fuck that car ass bullshit.

Did you see a car in the Super Mario Party Trailer?....

• saw this on facebook lol

0_1528874780398_smash birb.jpg

• I love smash Ultimate but this was a disappointing direct, not showing Metroid means it's a 2020 game and where was the star fox game?

• @yoshi I mean, I really didn't see much besides a bunch of hipsters playing the game in situations that will literally never happen.

• I hated the Direct. Will edit and elaborate more later.

• @a7x458 Not necessarily, they did say they gonna focus on 2018 releases and show 2019 and beyond stuff in a later direct (maybe at Gamescom).

• Nintendo won by virtue of showing Smash alone.

• I wouldn't have minded a better music loop during the Smash lecture. Two days later and those 18 notes are still burned into my brain.