Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO)

• "Trouble with the trolley, eh?"

The original Spyro trilogy - the best, developed by Insomniac Games - returns on our favourite dragon's 20th anniversary on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 21, 2018. Reignited Trilogy is developed by Toys for Bob.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyro_Reignited_Trilogy

Youtube Video

I'm really looking forward to jumping back into Spyro's world, loved these games as a ten-year-old. The first one I only played at my friend's house, but Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon I owned (well, still do) and completed them both so many times. Never quite 100 %, though, so there's something more even to aim for now. The second one just might be my favourite out of the three.

• The only Spyro game i played was on PS2, i think it was called Eternal Night. I remember liking it a lot. Really excited to play these games, it's the original games after all, it has to be better than the newer ones.

• @bam541 I only played the first two games on PS1. I rented them back in the day, and I skipped out on 3. I reserve for the trilogy later this summer.

• Unlike Crash Bandicoot, I never played those back in the day so there's zero nostalgia factor for me, but the footage they've shown of the remake so far looks amazing, so I'm very likely to be tempted if reviews are good!

• THIS LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOOOOD

GOTY 2018

• This post is deleted!

• The biggest thing for this game is the movement system, and how Insomniac leveraged the levels to take advantage of how good it felt to move around with those charging and gliding systems.

Tree Tops was SO GOOD for this.

Youtube Video

If it doesn't feel good to charge and glide around the world then this will be a hard failure in my eyes.

• @hazz3r

You are correct. It was also a uniquely Spyro quality. Very few games felt anything like Spyro did. Spyro was also the only game I can recall that has a variance of ways in which it manipulates the simple: jump, charge, glide, fire mechanics. For example, in your video with the archways that speed Spyro into a super charge where now you're controlling a very fast version of Spyro that requires perfection to complete the course (3D Sonic could learn something from this tbh). Or how sometimes you can become invincible to traverse hazards. I hope none of this feels easy to do in the new version.

My goodness I love Spyro so much.

• Look. At. This. Can't believe how pretty and alive the game looks. And the dragons, everyone now a unique personality. Wow. :)

Youtube Video

• This stands to possibly be my game of the generation. I can't wait to play the Yetti level (Colossus?) from Spyro 2.

• The soundtrack can be changed between the remastered one and the original. :)

• first Nintendo Uk accidentally leaks it now the official Spyro Uk website too?

oh my god those british devs are terrible at keeping secrets LOL

Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach

Yes! I was really worried about this.

• @sentinel-beach

Don't know how I feel about the recreation of that level actually. It used to be darker if I recall correctly. Looks kinda bright here.

• Oh man! There is a little bit of blasphomy going on with this remake. Listen to the monk guy at 1:00 in this video:

Youtube Video

These monk guys are low key what I wanted to see the most and they messed with his voice and look. Not enough Why ay ay ay ay Why ay ay ay ay:

Youtube Video

• An hour-long Spyro panel from Comic Con. This was cool. Fans, check it out!

Youtube Video

• I hate to derail or be the bearer of bad news, but Activison screwed up.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I decided to cancel my pre-order, because I can't support shitty practices like this. Well, fuck you Activsion! I'll never buy another game from you ever again. That was the last straw. If anyone wants to still buy the compilation, I won't hold it against you, but I ain't buying something with false advertisement.

• I juat don't see the big problem with this. Almost ever game this gen has done the same, they just don't explicitly announce it on the packaging.
    Your discs are really nothing more than authetication keys.
    Getting the trilogy, and getting it digital, because holy shit who cares.

• @el-shmiablo I and many others do. I know other companies are guilty of this (Capcom when it comes to porting games on the Switch), but it's the principle. It's not that hard to put three games on a Blu-ray disc. The fact that Activision is treating everyone like thundering dumb-asses is another point of contention. I shouldn't have to log in to the internet to play a single-player game. I played plenty of games this generation that does not require it, so Activision has no excuses. It's one thing to update a game; it's another thing to lie upfront about physical copies when only one of the games are on the disc, and the others are digital downloads. Negating the point of getting a physical copy.

• Or two discs. That was normal two generations ago. Why do publishers think this can't be done now?