Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO)

• Or two discs. That was normal two generations ago. Why do publishers think this can't be done now?

• Because it's been done to save money, not because of any technical limitations.

When it comes to distribution of this magnitude, saving pennies on one unit can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

• @hazz3r Oh, I'm well aware, which just pisses me off even more.

• Well, looks like i'm waiting for a digital sale before i'm buying this. Not comfortable with supporting practices like this, but i really want this game.

• Well damn, the release date has been changed. The new date is now November 13th. We were so close already...
    https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/A-Message-from-Toys-for-Bob/ba-p/10807365

• I wonder what they've found that's caused the game to need delaying another 2 months. It can't be something insignificant.

And it can't be them adding the games onto the Master. Without a doubt all the discs have been printed already and are just sitting in warehouses somewhere.

• @hazz3r
    I'm leaning towards getting all 3 games on the master, or adding something into the final product that was planned as DLC , like playing as Crash in the Spyro games, or some extra level.

• @hazz3r said in Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO):

Because it's been done to save money, not because of any technical limitations.

When it comes to distribution of this magnitude, saving pennies on one unit can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Well they aren't getting my money. I'm not going to be screwed over, not when I've been used to a better standard all my life.

• @el-shmiablo maybe I don't know the specific cases but with my PS4 physical games I'm able to play all of the content in them without ever needing to connect.

This not only is setting up a precedent for taking away more ownership of games from the consumers, but it is also another step against video game preservation which has taken a good number of hits already, at least to my mind there's nothing good about it.

It was already near impossible for me to end up getting this game since I wouldn't give money to Activision, but if anyone has interest in this particular aspects I would say there's more than enough reason to protest and not support the game.

• @bard91 said in Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO):

@el-shmiablo maybe I don't know the specific cases but with my PS4 physical games I'm able to play all of the content in them without ever needing to connect.

There's very few examples on consoles as patches don't count. Call of Duty WWII is one game that I recently came across sadly, though it did say on the box (extremely small, as if to hide it though I might add, which just makes it even worse.) I'm not sure on it, but Tony Hawks 5 might be one more.

• So yeah it's delayed to get all 3 games on the disc... allegedly
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster Thank you. And thank you developers and Toys For Bob. I'll redo my pre-order later in October. Activision, still go fuck yourselves.

• This is really promising news and hopefully goes to show the importance to staying vocal, instead of just shrugging things off like some people.

• I don't buy it yet til we get an official response. I can't help but feel that if it were true, it would have been on the original press release, that would have been easy positive PR.

Further, the site has changed to reflect the new release date but still has the "Game 2 and 3 require internet download" asterisk.

• Already a launch trailer.

Youtube Video

• It feels so good to control Spyro again! Just the right touch here. Weight and speed. I love the colours of this game, and specially at this time here in the grey north they are sorely needed. I never truly played this first one of the trio, so this is fun in that regard as well. Really, really easy, though, but hey, we all need games like these every now and then. Relaxing platforming and collect-a-thons. Feels so right.

• Was talking about this last night at local game shop, but anyone else feel like there will be a new Crash next year, then Spyro the next?

Anyway planning on getting this when I get paid Friday

• I'm sorry, but with the way Activision has been acting lately, and not just with Spyro, I refuse to buy ant of their games on principle alone. Plus, the game needs 35GB to install. Fuck that noise. It's like that case with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5.

• 0_1542111355519_IMG_20181113_151413.jpg

Huber is that you?

• @sentinel-beach Fun fact, the source code for Spyro has long since been lost, alongside most of the assets, so they used a tool they made called Spyro Scope to map out the original spyro as they played the game in an emulator. Spyro jumps exactly as high, glides exactly as far and runs exactly as fast as he did in the original games.