Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO)

• Didn't quite have the willpower to complete the first game in a day, made it to Gnasty's hub world and decided to continue tomorrow. Really enjoyable, although I do see how this is the first one in the series. My dear #2 and #3 are way better, and soon I'll get to see them again. :)

So far I've needed some help with Tree Tops and Haunted Towers, and both times it was about that supercharge run and how to do something really tricky with it that I wouldn't ever have dreamed about. On the other hand I felt proud when I found the hidden area in Metalhead level all by myself. :) 100 % everything so far, which is honestly pretty easy in this one.

• @sentinel-beach Figuring out how to do Tree tops as a kid was easily one of my biggest achievements growing up. I felt so clever. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it.

It’s a shame because I think that those kind of secrets kind of go away in #2 and #3, apart from some secret areas in the Sheila levels.

• Got the platinum for Spyro 1, the game is as fun as i remember but way too easy.

• Same thing here, seemed to have taken 7 hrs for me to platinum the first Spyro. Had never played this one before, so it was an OK opening act for the trilogy, but yeah, really easy and the levels were quite often short and simple. I remember more complex, imaginative and somehow personal things in the future parts (of the past).

• So, are they shafting people still with the physical release or not?

• @sheria From what I have read, but haven’t tested, you can play the first level or two from Spyro 2 and 3 but you still need to download the majority of those two games to carry on playing.

• @hazz3r said in Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO):

@sheria From what I have read, but haven’t tested, you can play the first level or two from Spyro 2 and 3 but you still need to download the majority of those two games to carry on playing.

Thanks for the clarification. I have no interest in it then.

• Oh man... Autumn Plains. My absolute favourite place in all things Spyro. That's what I tend to think about first when Spyro is brought up anywhere. The sound world is propably the first thing that hits there. It's so tranquil and sensitive, fragile even. Love it. The autumn itself looks stunningly calm and beautiful. And the whole hub world feels so spacious and wide, you can see a lot with just one glance. It's just perfect to my taste in every sense.

• Can anybody confirm that this is a must play?

I've had a rollercoaster of anticipation for this game. Sky high at announcement, then went down a lot when two of my favourite levels from Spyro 2 (Colossus and Hurricos) had some kinda weird models and audio.

I'm going to the mall TONIGHT and am wondering if I should get it.

• @dipset Buy it. You can blame me forever if you don't enjoy it.

• just started playing this on Xbone.

why do the clunky unresponsive PS1 controls feel so much better than modern controls?

doing things like gliding in this game felt so much easier with shitty PS1 controls which somehow made them better than todays controls? lol

• @yoshi What is clunky and unresponsive about the controls?
    If anything, the ultra simplistic design is what makes it so timeless.

• @el-shmiablo PS1 and N64 were the beginning of 3D analogue games.

all of those games had blocky graphics and clunky controls. Mario Kart 64 i remember feeling smooth as anything growing up but it controls like shit whenever i go back to it now

• @yoshi Mario is much clunker because it has many more movement options. Spyro, like Crash, is intentionally simplistic, which is why the controls still feel great after such a long hiatus.

• @el-shmiablo Mario Spyro and Crash are ALL clunky. you are kidding yourself if you believe otherwise.

• Nothing clunky about any of those.

• Just arrived to Winter Tundra. I don't recognize any clunkyness, Spyro controls actually pretty damn well. The way I remember. His heft is there, and the gliding especially feels smooth. It's been enjoyable to return to these.

• Spent an hour and a half at the mall because of inept customer service, then another hour in public transit because its garbage. Go home to find out there are 20GB of updates and my internet was being like 20% of the speed it should be. I never got to play Spyro...

• @dipset said in Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4/XBO):

Spent an hour and a half at the mall because of inept customer service, then another hour in public transit because its garbage. Go home to find out there are 20GB of updates and my internet was being like 20% of the speed it should be. I never got to play Spyro...

The physical version requires you to download the vast majority of 2 and 3, it's not an update of such.

It's honestly one of the worst releases I've ever seen, I hope it fails horribly.