Hitman 2 (PS4/PC/XBO) - Nov 13th

• This reminds me a lot of A Vintage Year from Blood Money.

• @bam541 YES. Blood Money was massively under appreciated.

• @klinjon Really? I'm pretty sure it is largely considered one of, if not the best game in the Hitman franchise.

• I'd say in the grand scheme of gaming, Bloodmoney is under appreciated. Came out in like 2006 in a slew of "next-gen" games.

• @el-shmiablo Certainly by a vocal minority, but I always felt like it got overlooked, or the sales were a bit softer... I could be waaaay off here though.

• @klinjon No, you're on the money with the poor sales. However, I'm pretty sure that had more to do with series fatigue than anything else. But in terms of actual receptions, it's certainly the consensus' most beloved game in the franchise alongside Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

• @hazz3r Ahh ok interesting. Yeah I absolutely loved Blood Money, and found Absolution's obsession with being an action game very frustrating...

• Hitman 2 reviews are coming in Strong currently 84 on Open Critic as of Nov 8 (no surprise).

Kotaku just wrote a pretty detailed positive review: https://kotaku.com/hitman-2-the-kotaku-review-1830317433

They mildly spoil level concepts which I was avoiding but I'm quite glad I actually found out about it because it makes me want to play this even more.

Level premise spoiler (very mild):

There is a large suburban level called "Another Life" which is clearly a nod to the fan favourite (myself included) level "A New Life" from Hitman Bloodmoney , which also took place in the suburbs. I cannot wait to play this level.

• E_Zed_Eh_Intern uses phoenix down on Hitman 2 (PS4/PC/XBO) - Nov 13th

This game is so insanely good. I cleared the story missions once and have now gone back to try all of the legacy missions. I forgot how good 2016 was. I have played the Prologue and Paris like 100 times each to clear all of the challenges and I am still loving it. If I ever get sick of this game (seems unlikely right now) I think I will try to grab the HD trilogy on PS3. The options these games give you are just too good. I can't wait to get back to Sapienza and the suburban level in Hitman 2!

• I still have to finish the last level of Hitman 2016, then I'll get Hitman 2 this summer to clear it from my backlog.

I LOVE the new direction the franchise went and the "Another Life" level is painfully looming over my head, tempting me. My only (and I mean ONLY) complaint about the new franchise direction is that all of the levels are HUGE and somewhat blocky. I would like a few differently shaped levels and some small ones. Everything I've played in Hitman 2016 and from what I've seen in Hitman 2 took the size and scale of "A Murder of Crows" in Bloodmoney and forgot about why we might like the other levels.

With all that said, @E_Zed_Eh_Intern you've reminded me about how I need to get back into this. Sapienza is one of the most beautiful and fun levels I've ever played in any game in my life. Def grab that HD trilogy is you can. I NEVER get tired of a Bloodmoney level here and there.

• @dipset Did the previous games have all of the different approaches like these do?

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Here is a long and short answer. YES! I actually resented their approach to Hitman 2016 after trying the demo for the first time. Here is why:

In the tutorial level of Hitman 2016, I realized that the game really spoon fed me all of the solutions to the puzzle - which in the context of Hitman, assassinating a target in secrecy. Never before in Hitman until this point did I ever find a good solution to beating the level on my first try let alone finding, what, 6 different approaches and having to pick which one I like best.

It all felt too easy and I was really annoyed. I was annoyed because in the past, the solutions to the level were really well hidden and involves sneaking around and really covering a lot of ground and being very observant. It was NEVER spelled out for you. The reward of discovering the solutions in the older games is an incredible feeling up there as one of my favourite formulas in gaming. Going back to the same level knowing the ropes but then discovering another and another and another way of beating these levels still is not matched in Hitman 2016 in my opinion.

With all that said, its a lot more obtuse and the spoon feeding Hitman 2016 does was absolutely necessary and all modern games should tutorialize and simplify for new fans (i.e. RPG games have waypoint markers now) so I backtrack on my original thoughts about the new direction of the Hitman series. I highly recommend trying Bloodmoney just to get a taste of the debatable series peak. There is a lot to discover in just a few levels: Secrets, different solutions, weird paths, funny assassinations, etc.

• @dipset Thanks! Somebody has a copy of hd trilogy on craigslist for $30. Might be time to pull the trigger.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

I think you can download them on Xbox 360 and Xbox One if you have those and don’t want a physical copy.

• @dipset
    They are, although I might be wrong I think the HD Trilogy version is X1X enhanced although I might be wrong.

• @dmcmaster @DIPSET

Either way, does not apply. XB1 is the only one I don't own :(

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    PS3 then?

• @dmcmaster Yep. As I say, there's a copy for sale on Craigslist in the Vancouver area. That is likely my guy.

• $30 seems a bit much, especially since its $10 cheaper thru gamestop. Then again Canada