E3 Forum Betting Special 2018

• So I finally got around to watching the Easy Allies E3 2018 Betting Special Results Show. I was hoping there would be a clear winner and we wouldn't have to tally how many new games got announced but alas there is a 5 way tie as it stands, with 3 contestants a point behind who could end up taking a tied win as well. If anyone just so happens to have this information lying around that would be great, otherwise I will begin rewatching the conference streams during my podcast games. Haha.

• @tragosaurus said in E3 Forum Betting Special 2018:

So I finally got around to watching the Easy Allies E3 2018 Betting Special Results Show. I was hoping there would be a clear winner and we wouldn't have to tally how many new games got announced but alas there is a 5 way tie as it stands, with 3 contestants a point behind who could end up taking a tied win as well. If anyone just so happens to have this information lying around that would be great, otherwise I will begin rewatching the conference streams during my podcast games. Haha.

Going of this list aswell as what I remembered was in press conferences that wasn't already officially announced:

EA:
    FIFA 19
    Madden 19
    NBA Live 19
    Unravel 2
    C&C Rivals

Microsoft
    Halo Infinite
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (?)
    Captain Spirit
    Forza Horizon 4
    Devil May Cry 5
    Jump Force
    Dying Light 2
    Battletoads
    Just Cause 4
    Gears POP
    Gears Tactics
    Gears 5

Bethesda
    Doom Eternal
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot
    The Elder Scrolls: Blades
    The Elder Scrolls: VI
    Starfield

Square Enix
    Babylon's Fall
    The Quiet Man

Ubisoft
    Just Dance 2019
    Trials Rising
    Assassin's Creed Oddyssey (? logo was officially tweeted before E3 ?)

Sony
    Control
    Trover saves the Universe
    Nioh 2

Nintendo
    Daemon x Machina
    Super Mario Party
    Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    Overcooked 2
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate (?)

That's 36, I think, though we need a judges ruling, as you could argue one or two was or wasn't already announced... Take it to the council (a.k.a Tragosaurus decides). If we're talking about games during all of E3 including outside of press conferences, there's PC Gaming and Devolver, making it 44 and I assume that number would be a bit higher still

Devolver
    My Friend Pedro
    Metal Wolf Chaos XD (?)

PC Gaming Show (This one is murky... Some here might have been shown before)
    Satisfactory
    The Forgotten City
    Maneater
    Stormland
    Anno 1800
    Rapture Rejects

There was more shown and some might have been new but I think I left out every game that was revealed before E3

As a stink bet, I would argue this pertains to all of E3... But obviously I'm biased.
    Funnily enough, judge either way, it doesn't give us a clear winner... Just decides whether it's a 4 way winners tie and 5 ways runners up tie, or a 5 way winners tie and a 4 way runners up tie.

Also, I noticed you put "No" for me on "Will Cortana reveal herself?" and gave me a point. I actually bet Yes on that, so before the games announced bet I should be at 11 points.

• @germanscientist That's a huge help.

Couple things:
    I think Sea of Solitude was an announced at EA?
    I would consider Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice as an announcement as we had no idea what it was before then, other than From Software was making a new game.
    I think Session was an announcement at Microsoft?
    Its not on your list but I would not consider the Tales remaster a new game announcement.
    I think Assassins Creed Odyssey would be disqualified since the tweet was official before the conference.
    I almost have to say Super Smash Bros is not an announcement. They announced it before, we just didn't know the official name.

All of the bets were specifically only for the 7 main press conferences unless otherwise stated so PC Gaming Show and Devolver do not count, along with anything announced outside of an actual conference.
    If we did go with a combination of your list and all of my suggestions as it stands we would be at 36.

Also I didn't note @TokyoSlim got his final bet until just now. I know nothing about Metal Wolf Chaos and if that is a valid pie in the sky bet or if he was being cute but I'm giving him the points unless convinced otherwise. And with the 3 points he got from that it made him the clear winner.

• @tragosaurus
    I didn't know of Sea Of Solitude before E3 either, but it was announced in 2015 https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/25/sail-away-sea-of-solitude-looks-fab/

Session was a kickstarter from 2017
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/100195109/session-skateboarding-simulation-game-by-crea-ture/description

And again, I'm biased but I would still argue that as a stink bet this pertains to all of E3.
    Also, though obvious, the "Fortnite Pro-Am", "Pickachu and Eevee" and "Racoon City" bets were technically never specifically stated to pertain to E3 as a whole outside of the conferences. But that's a technicality, and obviously I get that It's pretty stupid and it wouldn't change much anyways.

Regarding the final bet... I think writing whatever we want and not having a Kyle or Huber to tell us to spice it up is an issue.

I believe TokyoSlim made his final bet after Devolver tweeted a tease, suggesting a Metal Wolf Chaos return was imminent.

Also, his final bet states only PS4. Kyle and Huber usually push for more consoles and if no others are mentioned take it as meaning Exclusive to those consoles. Metal Wolf Chaos XD is also coming to PC.

• @germanscientist
    Ok so that knocks the number down to 34. I'm still leaning towards only in conference because of how I interpreted the rules, and because I don't see Kyle and Huber sitting down trying to count every single game that was announced during E3. I think they would leave it just to the conferences, even if it was a stink bomb bet. It is a lot easier for them since they would only need to count to a certain point to determine a winner between 2 opposed to a whole group of people, but I still think its just from conferences.

Also TokyoSlim most certainly made a weak final bet after the game was teased earlier that day. Yeah its a shame we don't have anyone here policing final bets making sure they are spicy enough so we just have to come to an agreement among ourselves. I would say the final bet should be disqualified. Sorry bro.

That currently puts us at a 4 way tie, unless someone has a case that would swing the number a bit more?

• @tragosaurus

Fair enough.

I'm sorry TokyoSlim, but I think you needed a little bit more for that final bet. At least you got the game!

Also, after this E3 I think we're all winners!

• So the winners are Tragosaurs, @Dario, @Brannox, and @Sentinel-Beach

SentinelBeach is still the forum betting special champion with 5 total wins. See you all next betting special!

• @tragosaurus In agreement that TokyoSlim's final bet is the weakest thing I've seen this side of the Mississippi, since I had seen a few articles online guaranteeing the announcement a few days prior to E3. Didn't wanna point it out because I know what happens to snitches, but if it's deciding winners? Then yeah, we gotta call out that soft little muffin boy bet for what it is.

If we're in a 4 way tie, why not make it more interesting? All four need to write a short poem about what they loved most about E3 and we vote on the winner? Something to that effect instead of a deadlock could be fun.

Edit: I didn't see that last post before I made my suggestion. Congrats winners!

• alt text

Always bet on NO.

• @Tragosaurus ...........what? You're telling me being the eternal pessimist I am actually got the MOST?

@Sentinel-Beach That was my only thinking.

• For what it's worth, I had no idea that Devolver had tweeted that out. I was spitballing totally based on what I could gather from clues FROM dropped last year. I have also been predicting MWC for years now.

If it was such a weak bet, someone should have said something. I'd have thought of a better one. :p

I have no prob with it being DQed tho.

Here's my receipts from last year's "E3 Dreams" thread.
    0_1530222422009_SmartSelect_20180628-144454_Chrome.jpg

• @SabotageTheTruth We can certainly come up with a way to break a tie for future bets. I think some sort of bet we all come up with and agree upon which involves numbers as a tie-breaking-bet would work the best. For now we'll just make it a boring tie.

@Sentinel-Beach can't be stopped.

@Brannox usually being a pessimist works out in your favor for betting, as Sentinel Beach would proclaim.

@TokyoSlim I didn't know yours was a weak bet until afterwards because you could have madlibbed that game title together for all I knew. In the future we all should call each other out for weak bets. My job isn't video games so I can't be Bosman yelling at people to make it spicier, but by our powers combined we might just stand a chance.

Time for me to go back into hibernation until the next betting special.