Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• I haven't watched it yet (and I might not because I'm already sold with the game) but YongYea asked his viewers to submit questions for CDPR, and here's his Q&A with the dev video.

Youtube Video

• @bam541 yeah with the allies impressions and knowing there's a gameplay demo in August I honestly don't feel I need to know much more, I just wanna see the game in action, all of the details are unnecessary at this point.

• New interview with Mike Pondsmith at E3

Youtube Video

So cool to see the creator of the series so involved with the project.

• These look absolutely gorgeous!

alt text

The four cultural aesthetics as explained by Cyberpunk's official Twitter account:

ENTROPISM:
    The look of poverty that derives from humans grappling with and struggling against technology and its unforgiving advance. It denotes a lack of design blending with a general poverty of means and ideas.

KITSCH:
    The look of a long lost golden age on people entirely unwilling or unable to forget it. It’s flashy, bold and usually cheap – filled with gold-plated cyberware, implants encased in brightly colored plastic and larger-than-life makeup.

NEOMILITARISM:
    The look of global conflict and corporations jockeying for power. Cold, sharp and modern. Making everyone look as if they are ready to drop out of an AV’s cargo door and head straight into combat.

NEOKITSCH:
    The look of infinite wealth and vanity. Synonymous with luxury, it has been blossoming among Night City’s wealthiest elites – those who can afford to buy anything, who can afford to be anything they want to be.

• CDPR just released the sick Keanu trailer music. It's pretty great.

Youtube Video

• @bam541 A liiiiittle sad that the lead isn't/doesn't sound more like Keanu.

But maybe they'll explain that in game. Or maybe it's just not a detail they think anyone will care about.

• @tokyoslim I'm mainly thinking that in the lore of the game Jhonny Silverhand was active a long time ago, and what you are seeing may not be what he was actually like, just a possibility that came to mind.

Anyhow pretty decent thrash right there so I'm all up for more of that in the game.

• @bard91 said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

@tokyoslim I'm mainly thinking that in the lore of the game Jhonny Silverhand was active a long time ago, and what you are seeing may not be what he was actually like, just a possibility that came to mind.

Anyhow pretty decent thrash right there so I'm all up for more of that in the game.

Nah, this game is canon, lore wise. Silverhand was killed 50 years prior, but he was a super well known celebrity Rockerboy and was in a bunch of vids and such.

• @tokyoslim I know, but I don't understand how that relates to what I said, I'm just thinking there's a possibility that the Jhonny we see is appearance wise not the same as what he actually like (still in the lore of the same game), just something I thought that could explain the dissonance, although it may not having been something that was as much of a consideration on the development.

Hell Jhonny's appearance in the book is way different, I'm just thinking of that as different interpretations of what a rockerboy would look like in different eras, but idk maybe reading too much into it.

• So, you think there's a possibility that despite being super famous, and everyone knowing what he looks and sounds like, and the main character being a big fan of his, that the AI version of Johnny Silverhand that lives inside a chip in the MC's brain that may or may not be the actual digital living consciousness of said person, looks and sounds different than the real Johnny Silverhand?

I think that it's more likely that he looks and sounds exactly like Johnny Silverhand but ISNT than vice versa, that they are using V's familiarity with Silverhand for manipulation.

But regardless, Keanu said he was interested, but was not appeoached to sing. I'm betting that it's just not a detail anyone thought would be cost effective.

• @tokyoslim I was literally just spit balling an idea, I actually don't think that's what happened.

This is likely just a matter of they had a band already in mind and used Keanu as a model, likely nothing else I was just entertaining an idea of why that could be the case.

• @bard91 I just don't think it's plausible with what we know so far.

The only reason would be to hide who he is from V, but then why have the big old silver friggin hand? Lol

• @tokyoslim I wouldn't think it that implausible (is this a word?) last thing that happened with Jhonny was that he was kinda caught in the middle of a nuclear explosion, it wouldn't be too out there to think he lived on in a very altered way, specially in a setting like this, and the silver hand could effectively work as the one reference tying it down to his past, idk just an idea that came to mind from your comment.

But again this is likely just thinking too much about it, they probably just meant to use Keanu's image and already had a singer.

• @bard91 If you get shot in half and then nuked and "live on" looking like Keanu Reeves, sign me up to be shot in half and nuked.

lol

The Johnny Silverhand we see in the trailer, if it really IS Silverhand, isn't his physical presence, it's a consciousness uploaded to software by Alt sometime before he got nuked. :) So him looking different wouldn't make much sense.

There's a chance that another really old ACTUAL Silverhand is out there running around on spider legs Darth Maul style tho. That would be a cool plot twist.

• it's a consciousness uploaded to software by Alt sometime before he got nuked. :) So him looking different wouldn't make much sense.

is that confirmed? I know he is not an actual physical person but afaik they haven't actually mentioned any of that, likely as it seems. And again I don't know why it would be the case, just spit balling some possible ideas that could possibly explain what you mentioned about the voice, even if it is unlikely to be relevant.

• As part of the lore of cyberpunk, If that's the real consciousness of Johnny Silverhand, that's how it got digitized.
    If it's NOT actually Silverhand, it could be a number of things. But There's pretty much only one way Silverhand himself ends up on a chip in your head. Soulkiller was destroyed right after the nuke went off, so he'd have had to have been uploaded prior to that.