Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• @tokyoslim I wouldn't think it that implausible (is this a word?) last thing that happened with Jhonny was that he was kinda caught in the middle of a nuclear explosion, it wouldn't be too out there to think he lived on in a very altered way, specially in a setting like this, and the silver hand could effectively work as the one reference tying it down to his past, idk just an idea that came to mind from your comment.

But again this is likely just thinking too much about it, they probably just meant to use Keanu's image and already had a singer.

• @bard91 If you get shot in half and then nuked and "live on" looking like Keanu Reeves, sign me up to be shot in half and nuked.

lol

The Johnny Silverhand we see in the trailer, if it really IS Silverhand, isn't his physical presence, it's a consciousness uploaded to software by Alt sometime before he got nuked. :) So him looking different wouldn't make much sense.

There's a chance that another really old ACTUAL Silverhand is out there running around on spider legs Darth Maul style tho. That would be a cool plot twist.

• it's a consciousness uploaded to software by Alt sometime before he got nuked. :) So him looking different wouldn't make much sense.

is that confirmed? I know he is not an actual physical person but afaik they haven't actually mentioned any of that, likely as it seems. And again I don't know why it would be the case, just spit balling some possible ideas that could possibly explain what you mentioned about the voice, even if it is unlikely to be relevant.

• As part of the lore of cyberpunk, If that's the real consciousness of Johnny Silverhand, that's how it got digitized.
    If it's NOT actually Silverhand, it could be a number of things. But There's pretty much only one way Silverhand himself ends up on a chip in your head. Soulkiller was destroyed right after the nuke went off, so he'd have had to have been uploaded prior to that.

• EZA reactions to a new Cyberpunk demo in seven hours.

• Youtube Video

Lookng good but graphically it seem downgrade. also what the hell happened to keannu reeves model???

• Apparently all the cutscenes will be in first person. This kinda surprises me since one of the story trailer from this year's E3 was in third person. I'm way down for this, but I imagine a lot of people are not.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-cutscenes-will-apparently-be-first-person/

• @bam541 said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

Apparently all the cutscenes will be in first person. This kinda surprises me since one of the story trailer from this year's E3 was in third person. I'm way down for this, but I imagine a lot of people are not.

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077s-cutscenes-will-apparently-be-first-person/

being first person is best news ever for CDPR and Cyberpunk.

i would have ignore this game if it was complete third person. first person just add immersion.

• Well that's a bit disappointing to hear. Would've liked to see my character during some of those conversations. With all the cool shit I've dressed them in.

• I understand this is a hard thing to implement, but I would love it if they let you go from first to third person a la Bethesda games. I never play those games in third person, but it's really nice being able to see what your character looks like at any given moment.

• @capnbobamous They've not included a third person mode on purpose to increase the level of immersion. It's so much easier to control first person perspective so you can add in some really cool character set-piece/animation stuff, like the flinch over the Voodoo Boy trying to nab the Wrist Wire. It was widely reported after last years E3 demo. https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-first-person-online-reaction/

• Yeah I get that, and I understand why they're doing it, but that doesn't change the fact that I would like to see my character. I doubt this'll affect my opinion of the game, it's just a personal preference thing.

• Banned

I'm not sure if it's been asked , but can I play the game as all natural human without any body modifications ? You know just pick your gender and go. Think of it as if he or she is a Amish person in 2077. That would be fun.

• @acidtrip-69 Completely unmodified? No. You basically start off modified lore wise. At the very least you're going to start out with a visual HUD and computer augmentations in your brain that allow you to see information about items and people and etc. And Keanu.

• @acidtrip-69 said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

I'm not sure if it's been asked , but can I play the game as all natural human without any body modifications ? You know just pick your gender and go. Think of it as if he or she is a Amish person in 2077. That would be fun.

I hate character customization so I will pick this

alt text

As by default Male character. and it looks more cooler than any customization and most likely cannon V since He is the one that is promoted on trailers and boxart.

• Banned

@tokyoslim I was thinking. The game is about being cyber and moding your body. What if you choose to Demode and take away your cyber parts and try to become a normal human ? Or you put too much cyber enhancements and you let out that AI they where talking about in the trailer and AI takes over your body cuz you become a robot by that point, and you don't have a choice anymore. I can't wait to see the story and how it all changes by the choices you make.

• I haven’t really analyzed the Cyberpunk gameplay a ton so I don’t have a super strong opinion here, but it seems like this game lives and dies by its role playing mechanics. From what I can tell, your options in how you play is what makes this game unique, but the rest seems relatively ordinary such as boss battles where you shoot the exposed back of the enemy. Not trying to take away from art design, music, acting, etc, but it seems like the bread and butter is the players ability to play a variety of different ways.

With that said, I think I really want to my version of V to get lost in the sauce. Push myself to the brink of humanity. Like the Western thought experiment ‘The Ship of Theseus’: if the original parts of a ship are slowly replaced overtime with new ones until the ship is made entirely from new parts, is it still the same ship?

I just want to push my character so far into augmentation that they are stronger, more adept, and probably a lot less human than they once were. Chaotic evil if you will.

Quite the oppose of how I intend to play Vampire The Masquerade 2, where I want to keep my humanity and act civilized.

• @dipset that's is probably a fair assesment and I absolutely want it to be that over a top of the line shooter/stealth/action or whatever, if I just get a Witcher 3 in a different setting I'll be pleased tbh, but it seems they want to go a bit beyond that.

And I do think they have shown the mods do have a humanity cost, so similar to the pen and paper game there may be a cyber psychosis mechanic were you effectively lose your humanity after a certain point.

• Banned