Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• Im not really a fan of customizable character really.

I will just choose

alt text

Him as by default character. not gonna waste my time on customization.

• I am going to customize the shit out of my character. And I'll be posting it in the character creation thread. I dunno if we're allowed to post ALL the options, but I'll do what I can. :p

• One of my favourite things about sports games of the past was character customization. For whatever reason, sports games and even RPGs these days lack strong character customization options. I saw Mass Effect Andromeda has some really great fashion options, but I'm looking forward to really going into the more human appearance options in this game.

I hope the penis options is biological vs augmented sharp thrusting piston.

• Okay, now I want nothing more than a giant robot dick. Even though I'll never really see it, I just want to know it's there.

• @capnbobamous
    Nah, prehensile, can use it to pick up stuff or hold a extra gun.

While there at it gun breast, the bigger the breast the larger the payload

• They have got to release a demo of the character creator soon, imagine the dick pics! It'll basically market itself.

On a sidenote, I really want a braindance session of Huber reacting to Sony's E3 2015.

• Akira Yamaoka will be composing for Cyberpunk Edgerunners. That's hype af.

Also, here's more screenshots from the game.

• Just watched the last stream and showing that part of the game for gameplay section was not a good decision.

• New Night City Wire episode incoming, the date is August 10th. I'll probably wont tune in to any of these anymore, I just want to distance myself from thinking about the game and let it take me by surprise when it comes out.

• Read through about half of the Dark Horse The World Of Cyberpunk lore book, and it's a pretty good light recapping of major events in Cyberpunk lore, parties involved, and overall the shape and structure of the world of 2077 as we enter it. Great art and fake ads for products and brands that give you an idea of what they are about. A few mentions of major legacy players such as Johnny Silverhand, Morgan Blackhand, Adam Smasher, etc. But not really going into details. Lot of space showcasing new tech. Braindance, etc

Cool corporate hierarchy charts showing who makes the best/most expensive/rarest gear, what is cheaper/off brand/common. Seems like lot of good industrial design in terms of logos and branding. Would have been a fun project to work on in that regard.

Cool little tidbit that I'd forgotten: Nomads tend to speak more formal english, because they are pretty much the only group of people left who read. Most other people learn through electronic means and are more likely to adopt the fluidity of modern slang/language.

• @tokyoslim said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

Cool little tidbit that I'd forgotten: Nomads tend to speak more formal english, because they are pretty much the only group of people left who read. Most other people learn through electronic means and are more likely to adopt the fluidity of modern slang/language.

lol k.

Your deep dive into the book kinda reminds me of when I used to really get obsessed with a game before I bought it. I remember obsessing over every detail I could find about GTA IV or MGS4 probably for 2 years straight before the game released. I have to say that in those cases, it almost made the actual games disappointing because the Houser's loved to tell magazines about features that didn't exist in the full game without going back to the magazine and clearing that up. I remember reading about how in GTA IV, you'd be able to go to bars and make friends with anybody then they'd back you up if you call them. Yeah... that didn't happen.

All that disappointment aside, I really just miss anticipating something to that degree. I contain my hype too easily or never get hyped anymore. Idk if I'm too old, too numb to the hype train, or maybe I'm too scared to sink my teeth into something as much because I'm unconsciously thinking about the next thing, but I'd love to really just dig in and get hyped again.

• I mean, I knew a lot of this stuff already from years ago. I don't really give a shit about what features the game does or doesn't implement, I'm just excited to go back to Night City.

I'd argue that I'm probably older than you, anyways. It's not your age, it's that this probably isn't a property that you've been following for like 15+ years.

• Yeah those logos at the end can give the Wipeout graphic designers a run for their money.

• I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's been delayed again
    0_1597856066675_FB_IMG_1597855880672.jpg

• That seems like the opposite of a delay. I'm pretty sure they are promising never to let me down, which a delay could be construed as.

*backflips off a bar

• Gamespot doing some lore catchup for people who haven't played the tabletop games:
    Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• I just got my copy of the The World of Cyberpunk 2077, I was already way hyped about the game but this is making it skyrocket.

On the one hand it shows such a richly developed setting that understand so incredibly well it's theme, that matches beautifully with the artistic concepts they have, and having a good amount of trust on the quality of what they'll deliver in terms of playability and presentation, it is hard not to be excited.

And we're past the godamned 91 days...

• It's a cool book