Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• PsOne demake.
    Youtube Video

• @phbz Keanu at the end reminds me of this.

Youtube Video

• Just noticed such a cool thing.

Had a side mission very early in the game, where I had to dissuade a police woman from an investigation. Now completely by chance I saw a dead cop under a pile of trash. Turns out that cop was one of the clients who wanted the investigation stopped and was murdered by the police woman as retaliation.

• @ffff0 said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

Do I think that Cyberpunk 2077 could be better? Yes. Do I think that Cyberpunk 2077 it needs to be better? It would be nice. Do I think that Cyberpunk 2077 is incredible as it is? Absolutely!

This is pretty much how I feel but I don't think it’s incredible as-is. I’m having trouble enjoying it for what it is because I’m comparing it to other games on the market that do a lot of things better than Cyberpunk 2077 and it can be frustrating when CP2077 doesn’t hold a candle.

But then when I’m sucked into a quest and what I’m doing, I’m usually able to appreciate the game wounds and all. Time to time, I get reeled in and forget about reality, time, and all this other comparing. Those moments can happen and are amazing but too much shit brings me out of it.

One example is the mission when you have to rescue a friend with Judy from a Scav warehouse. I immediately hacked the cameras and found my friend about two floors down on video. Neither Judy nor V had any reaction to this. Likewise, there were only enemies on the first floor of the building.

As we go down each floor, Judy is talking about whether our friend is there or not, and it makes no sense because we can vividly see her on camera. Then she sees our missing friends top in a pile of clothes and comments about her being in this building. Like no shit WE SAW HER ON CAMERA! So we progress downward and suddenly there are lots and lots of enemies. Where were they when I was checking the cameras? These bottom floors were empty then. So basically, the game can’t load multiple floors of enemies so it spawns them in, which is a bit unfair when I hacked the cameras to find empty areas.

Just these little things keep taking me out. And some of these problems aren’t glitches either, it’s just questionable design. Why even have hacking if the world isn’t going to react to what you learn? But the world never really reacts to anything you do in this game. So again, I just have to reframe my mind to ignore it all, embrace the game for what it is and not what it isn’t, and take in the story, but I don’t think I’ll ever land on it being incredible.

However, I do look forward to my eventual return to the game with RTX for Photo Mode. Do you use Ansel or a camera mod?

• @dipset said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

Do you use Ansel or a camera mod?

I'm using build-in photo mode.

• @ffff0

I somehow must've missed the photo mode. Whoops.

• @ffff0 we are on the same boat, and two of my best friends, who are playing on base PS4, have the same thoughts.

To me there's obviously a lot of criticism that can be thrown and the game and no doubt at how CDPR has managed things, which absolutely should be used as lessons for game devs and the public a like, but that can't overshadow the fact that this is one of my favorite role playing experiences I've ever had.

• @bard91 I was thinking about this today. Looks like PC market isn't big enough to support PC-only games of such scale, so developers must release games both on PC and consoles. But while PC gamers don’t expect 2020 games to run well on 2013 hardware, console gamers think that you can buy hardware that isn’t cutting edge in the year of its release and be set for nearly a decade. So, developers has to either limit innovations and build games around, let’s be honest, outdated technologies, or try to push gaming technology forward and be damned for doing so. Last year we had Control, this year we have Cyberpunk 2077. It’s not surprising that so few developers tries to push things significantly forward, but it’s also incredibly sad.

Something needs to be changed in the industry. Either consoles need to update quicker, or PC market needs to grow, or we need something completely new that would make big budget PC-only releases sustainable.

• @ffff0 I think CDPR said it better than anyone else when they released Witcher 3. Consoles aren't holding gaming back because without the console market you couldn't finance a game as ambitious as Witcher 3.

PC just can't compete in price with consoles. And on the other hand looking at Steam stats, on average, PC hardware isn't exactly dominated by behemoth GPUs and CPUs, on the contrary.

Power is nice, but we had Skyrim and GTA V running on the X360/PS3. And BotW on the Switch. Loving this game but the issue here is bad project management and lack of know how. And probably Covid19 had a catastrophic impact also.

• I think this opens up the point that in many ways gaming should be pushed in other ways, because at the point of diminishing returns with visuals we are, there's a lot of creative space that could be looked into and it doesn't have to affect the quality of games, for me 13 Sentinels is a perfect example, excluding P5R, it is my undisputed GOTY and a highlight of the generation, and it does that with no need to push any visuals.

And this is actually a pretty cool video on the subject.

Youtube Video

• Banned

0_1608859603679_cyberpunk xbox.jpg

• I'm now 35 hours in since I've restarted the game. Kinda having Skyrim flashbacks. Barely touched the main story, doing a lot of exploration and having lots of fun with how free you are to approach situations.

Not having crashes or broken quests, but glitches galore. I really hope they implement some form of pedestrian AI and a more nuanced law system. But I'm really loving it, pretty sure I'll put hundreds of hours in. Story bits are great, basic side stuff fun, with some really high quality side missions coming up frequently and just exploring the world is rewarding.

• Pulled this from the recently published Kotaku review:

I don’t know the story of Cyberpunk’s development, but when I play I catch hints of what feels like frustrated intentions everywhere. There are so many places where the game feels like it was meant to be something else: areas meant to have content, choices that could have mattered, features that could have been more necessary.

That's basically how I'm feeling about Cyberpunk. It's good enough to keep me going. I've even gotten weirdly addicted to disassembling random junk and selling the parts for money or making guns and selling those. But all of these little parts feel disconnected including the economy, skill paths, the quests, and the world the quests take place in.

• @dipset I know there's ways to break the economy but just by playing it normally I really like how it's balanced.

• I'm getting near 60h and mostly doing side content. I'm playing this a lot like I did Skyrim. It has that same openness Skyrim offered where I've change my play style a lot, although Cyberpunk offers more variety when it comes to approach.

Always feel the need to point the bad too, but I won't now. Kinda pointless as it's known. I'm just loving the gameplay loop, how great the writing is for side content and how great world building is.

Also, right now maxed my Intelligence and I'm godlike.

• Just realized, there's no Judge Dredd type background for V.

• @phbz I just found out how easy it is to break the crafting system. There are several items that disassemble into more components than it takes to make them. Now I just need to find good clothing schematics, which I have found almost none of 55 hours in.

• @brandon_reister

Yeah that’s basically my main source of income. I’ll sell the two common parts from disassembling junk like consumables, or use them if I need to craft something, then I’ll hoard the Epic components for upgrades I need.

Between disassembling junk and selling weapons I find, that’s been by far the most reliable way to make money. Honestly not sure how you are supposed to make money properly, at least the $20M you owe Viktor your ripperdoc.

FYI - people have reported your save file breaking from too much crafting. I’ve personally found it creates glitches where you can’t consume, sell, or disassemble certain items. Green “Mix It Up” cans are completely broken for me. Also sometimes makes my menu freeze and I have to quit the game.

• @brandon_reister I always run away from exploits unless it's really late game just to mess with the world. I'm doing fine with money so far. Got lots of expensive tech , a few cars and some good money.

For clothes I don't care too much about how good it is. I just use whatever it's cool.

Slight spoiler of side content:
    I found a talking gun that's now my main non stealth weapon. It's so funny, it always gets me that it suffers from premature ejaculation, so at times just fires by itself.

• @dipset said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

FYI - people have reported your save file breaking from too much crafting.

It had to do with a save-file memory cap CDPR put on the game, but they have since removed it. Crafting shouldn't break saves anymore.