Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• @sentinel-beach thought that this was known already? Didn't they announce a few months back that it was FPS and not the hybrid FPS/TPS they'd originally planned? I recall people briefly losing their shit over it on GAF or whatever.

• @tokyoslim Could be, I hadn't heard. And it seems like most of the people are losing their shit right now all over the net.

• @sentinel-beach Yeah. That's basically what happened before. It was originally specified to be TPP/FPP on the 2013 PDF and people were mad at that. Then, I think a polish paper detailed it a few months ago that it was mostly FPP, and then people were mad at that. Now the general public appears to be catching up.

• Late to this thread, but what I really want from this game is for it to go fully weird, but not in the way people might expect. Not in the Sam Lake 'this world is particularly weird and freaky' way (though that would still be cool). But I want CP77 to get weird in its music and OST. Witcher 3 was fairly favoured for its OST with its famous Lelelele's and Gwent scores. And I hope CDPR keeps this trend.

This game takes place 60 years in the future. Now think of how music has changed since 60 years ago. Imagine that same progression but into the future. Actually, we don't have to be that predictive. There are plenty of songs that exist right now that feel weird and futuristic. Personally, I'm looking at artists like Alice Glass for her unique grittiness and The Algorithm for their funky fusion of techno and metal. When I played Watch dogs 2, I found Crystal Castles' Crimewave on the ingame radio and I wasn't that into the song, but I listened to it because I thought it would be the kind of music that Marcus might listen to. And it really grew on me and to fit the game so well!!

• @frasafrase Nice thoughts! I hope they'll get really personal with audio as well.

Also, W3's Gwent score = GOAT.

• I hope you can fly cars and drive them too on the streets.

• @amigastar That trailer did show both flying cars and wheels on the ground. I do think though that a flying car might be a late game reward, so you might get both.

• Apparently CD Projekt is streaming the E3 gameplay demo as we speak. I'm hearing it's 48 minutes long?! I'll need to sit down with that as soon as I can.

• Ya they are. Also can't really watch it now but it sounds good. Will check it out once they put it on youtube

• After watching gameplay footage. It make me realize that critics are so easily impressed. It looks good. but not ZOMG AMAZING MIND BLOWING!!. nothing mind blowing about it.

Cyberpunk first person RPG done much better 20 years ago (Deus Ex). even it doesnot looks better than Deus Ex Human Revolution.

It seem like long driving will make it very boring. again i like the look of it. but not that impressive. graphics are not really that good. especially compare to Metro Exodus..

• The full gameplay walkthrough. Get some popcorn ready and sit back, it's 48 minutes long.

Youtube Video

• @b-cell

Metro had two entire games to sell me on its world building and I still feel like it is a shooting first game with weak storytelling. You get more world building and a sense of the Cyberpunk city in a few frames of that gameplay demo than you do in two entire Metro games. Not hating on Metro, but that series lacks a consistent and well realized world and aesthetic. Sure, I get the ammo currency, I feel a sense of home in the little Metro cities, but there is very clearly a high degree of detail here that only few games have. Deus Ex does in fact have that. I don't see why there can't be another Cyberpunk game on the market without shitting on it.

• @dipset said in Cyberpunk 2077 (XBO/PS4/PC):

@b-cell

Metro had two entire games to sell me on its world building and I still feel like it is a shooting first game with weak storytelling. You get more world building and a sense of the Cyberpunk city in a few frames of that gameplay demo than you do in two entire Metro games. Not hating on Metro, but that series lacks a consistent and well realized world and aesthetic. Sure, I get the ammo currency, I feel a sense of home in the little Metro cities, but there is very clearly a high degree of detail here that only few games have. Deus Ex does in fact have that. I don't see why there can't be another Cyberpunk game on the market without shitting on it.

Metro has one of the best storyline in FPS games. also Metro atmosphere is most unique and easily the best one.

Metro doesnot need realized world. it doesnot need open world but it needed semi sandbox large open enviroment.

cyberpunk in general looks good but open world mission will make it boring like it did with witcher 3 or even gta. Deus Ex did absolutely perfect not making open world but large sandbox hub.

anyways cyberpunk imo looks like best CDPR game ever made. and i will definitely play it for sure.

• Goddamn that looked fine! At some point I realized my mouth was just gaping a little, had been that way for a while already. Really stylish stuff. The meeting with the agent had some high intensity and surprise to it, I loved that. Same thing with Royce, the moment V pulled her gun out things went insanely great. I love having the possibility to do things like that. And the Maelstrom guys looked creepily fascinating, like if a spider and Sam Fisher had a baby.

I'll spend so much time with the character creation, I'll make my girl perfect. Really solid voice acting, by the way, on all fronts, from both V and the others. Jackie and his Spanish lines here and there fit really well into the mix, jaina.

Something as simple as upgrading V's eye scanner made me gasp for air in excitement. I love the chance to get all that data out of the world and the people. By the end of the demo the showcasing of all those weapons and their ammunition felt good, ricochet bullets with an angle-line, yes please. Oh and the mantis arms, too sweet. This definitely deserves to be a 1st person game.

• Everything looked really good from that demo, and it's great to see how organic everything seems to feel, I'm mostly just wondering how everything flexible the system really is in practice and how much impact one's action the player's action actually have. At this point I simply hope it's not beyond 2020.

• only been able to watch about 10 minutes of it, but I like what I see.
    Also may be I missed this but did they say we can change the voice of our character? cause if so I hope to roll thru the game as Cyber Gearlt or Ciri

• People are saying Cherami Leigh is V's voice actor in the demo. She does sound familiar.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherami_Leigh

• It looks incredible, such an interesting blend of so many games we've played before.

It's interesting to me that based on the hype I had heard going in I was kinda expecting something starkly different..or new.. I dunno. It looked like a step up (or perhaps several) from mechanics and concepts we've seen before.

Overall I'm just so damn hyped for a story driven game like this. This is definitely my jam

I was really hoping for a release date, guess it's probably at least a year away

• Banned

@b-cell I am so glad absolutely no one takes you seriously.

Anyhoo, watched some footage and I am ROCK HARD for some Cyberpunk. Absolutely amazing.

• @el-shmiablo
    Does anyone here or at Gamespot even take him seriously?