Devil May Cry 5 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• Here are some last videos for the moment. After this, I'll be going dark for a while on video content as not to spoil myself. That means avoiding youtube as well.

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Only one week left...I'm hyped!

I must have played through the demo about 8 times now. I've only really played the first and second DMC games, but I am excited to get back into this series.

• I'm so excite, but my broke ass is going to have to hold out on this one for a while. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through Combo Mad compilations.

• Launch Trailer with a spoiler, one that we've all known since the first trailer
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster Does it count as a spoiler if you have seen the very first trailer?

• @el-shmiablo No worries dude. Everyone has life and responsibilities. The reason I could afford a copy was because I paid off my pre-order mostly in the late summer and early fall. I ordered the Deluxe Edition. Sucks that you have shell out an extra $10.00 for content that should be in the game to begin with. It's a minor gripe, but I hope Capcom does not get crazy with it like last generation.

• @brawlman
    Maybe depends on how knowledgeable of DMC someone is I guess.

• @brawlman babbys just eat all of the monies. :(
    To be honest though, I'm kinda glad I can't afford new games. It is forcing me to go through my backlog and complete some shit I never go around to finishing.

• Youtube Video

I've been on the fence about this game mostly because I never played any of the previous ones, but I think this review sold me on it!

I'd really like to commend Ben on his writing, this was a very thorough, clear and articulate review. Great editing too (Ian?) Overall I think this is one of the best reviews EZA has produced, I love how they're all clearly improving at their craft, awesome job guys!

• Agreed. The review can sell this game to anybody. It still feels like a review instead of a sales pitch but he details everything possible with the combat and explains why it is challenging and interesting. My brother gets 2 free games with his GPU. I'm trying to convince him to get Resident Evil 2 and DMC5 but he might go with The Division 2 instead. I just wanna reap the benefits of free games since March is Sekiro month.

• Sweet, I just got my key! Right on my birthday! Really looking forward to coming home from work in ten hours. I don't normally do this, but I think I'm gonna drag my PC to the living room for this. I set up my PS4 controller with a Bluetooth dongle a few days ago in preparation.

• @ezekiel Happy birthday. Enjoy your time with it. Won't get my copy until next week but I'm in no rush since vacation is coming soon

• @ezekiel Happy Brithday, man! I get my copy tonight a 9 Eastern time.

• I haven't grinned with pleasure so much at a game in a long time. Love the cheese.

I also love that you can now shoot while running and the way using the arm while moving forward now launches you into a leaping punch.

The dodges look so freaking cool.

• Been watching some combo videos. Love that they took inspiration from the reboot for some of Nero's new moves. Can't wait to play it myself.

• I got up to mission 5 yesterday night. Fairly happy with it so far. I just wish it had slightly fewer cutscenes.

I wish I didn't have to drag my PC to the living room again today, but playing it on a monitor is nothing like playing it on a TV. Been thinking about building a second PC so that I can use this one in the living room for Japanese controller games. I mostly play Japanese games now anyway, and most are better on controllers. As I said in another thread, Japan is crushing western console devs. It's why I prefer my Switch over my PS4. The God of War reboot, The Last of Us and Horizon don't even come close to what Capcom, FromSoftware and Nintendo are doing.

• Sorta a spoiler but so damn funny
    Youtube Video

• Just finished, others then the last boss fight feeling a bit too easy (thanks refilling DT and what seems like a 1.5x or 2x normal damage output, but the fight before that was damn near perfect

• Beat the game earlier this evening. Whooooooooh! WHAT A FINISH! I won't spoil anything until later, but I do sooner, I will put a spoiler tag. Let's just say there were some plot points or twists where I freaking called it!

I am playing on Son of Sparda now, but I am taking a break. I'll add my thoughts later, so stay tuned for more details.

• So couple quick spoiler thoughts

Anyone else feel like theres like a level or two that was cut, like I was hoping for a Nero vs Virgil fight happen at like the mid point, before we fight him in the rather quick and anticlimactic 20th mission, where DT recovers super fast. I was also hoping for a bit more of Dante and Virgil's past being shown. Also anyone think Nero's DT look like something out of Onimusha?

Beyond those little things overall I'm satisfied with the game and will be jumping into Son of Sparda once work is done for the week.

Also curious to see where the franchise will go after this. Although maybe they'll revisit the canceled DMC PSP game idea for a potential prequel (Something that would of involved Sparda, that's all that's known)