Devil May Cry 5 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• 0_1535106712982_1535034053944.png

• @el-shmiablo Oh games journalists, short sighted and full of yourselves as always. The funny thing is DmC (2013) had the dynamic music as you got a better combo rating. The music would get louder at Anarchic, and lyrics (provided if the track had them) would kick in at Savage or higher. These critics were praising the reboot for doing that, while complaining about what DMC5 is doing. Wow, they're really stupid and hypocritical.

• @brawlman Isn't it a bit absurd to lump all "games journalists" together as if they're one uniform hive mind? By that token, do you consider EZA to be short sighted, stupid and hypocritical? I would imagine not.

And I also imagine that the journalists who praised this feature in DmC are not the exact same people who now criticize it, but that would go against your narrative of "LOL games journalists amirite", wouldn't it?

• @axel I believe the tweet was aimed specifically at Polygon who just posted an article about the game's music being lackluster, and also have a track record of being complete and utter dogshit at games.

• @el-shmiablo My message was aimed at BrawlMan's generalization, not at the tweet.

It's fine to not like Polygon or any other publication, but demeaning an entire profession based on a few bad examples like he does is ridiculous, you're always gonna have bad apples everywhere.

• @axel I apologize if it sounded like a broad generalization, but games journalism has had a habit of either not backing up their info or not paying attention. And then acting like nothing happened or acting like it's not their responsibility. I already know not all of them are idiots or jerks. But polygon, GameSpot, and IGN have a really bad habit of screwing up, and being really up their own asses. EZA are fine, and they are prone to making mistakes, but at least they admit them. I usually refer & trust individuals on YouTube though.

And no, I'm not trying to present my own narrative. That's all I really have to say on the matter as I don't want to have this thread go too off topic.

• So after watching some lf the gameplay a bit more does anyone else feel like the HUD is a bit cluttered? Like we have health, DT, and Rev gauge with this broken glass asthetic and the display for the Arms seems a bit bigger then it needs to. Granted it could be down to settings for the demo build.
    And hot damn do I pray Capcom uses the RE engine for more stuff down the road, damn things like a proper upgrade to MT Framework to my understanding.

• @dmcmaster said in Devil May Cry 5 (XBO/PS4/PC):

So after watching some lf the gameplay a bit more does anyone else feel like the HUD is a bit cluttered? Like we have health, DT, and Rev gauge with this broken glass asthetic and the display for the Arms seems a bit bigger then it needs to. Granted it could be down to settings for the demo build.
    And hot damn do I pray Capcom uses the RE engine for more stuff down the road, damn things like a proper upgrade to MT Framework to my understanding.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. I prefer Nero's HUD from 4. I still like the new one, but it can be less cluttered. Even if they don't change it, I can get used to it.

The more I ink about it, the more I feel RE7 was a tech demo game for what the RE Engine can do. Like Square did for Parasite Eve, before releasing FF8, or The Bouncer before FF10.

• Here is a 12 minute demo of Nero's multiple arm types.

Youtube Video

• That Infinity War inspired splash screen made me giggle

• Dante's battle theme is out, haven't listened to it yet
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster

They brought back Ifrit! Or at least a gauntlet weapon that resembles Ifrit.

Dante's game play looks so hype! I can't wait to see what V brings to the table.

• If the 4chan leak is true ( and so far it has) V uses a sort of possession mechanic, like he has some kind of melee weapon (pages from the book?) and a weak projectile but when enemies hit a certain damage limit, using the Devil Breaker button will turn them into a ally for a short while, before presumably exploding or doing some kind of AOE attack.
    Leak also said Vergil was getting a DLC campaign, I'd also bet money on Trish and Lady. Which will probably be offered as a season pass.

Anyone else notice the mention of live action cutscenes for the deluxe edition, cant be the only wondering what the hell that means.

Also same DMC5 leak mentioned Dante would make it to Smash Bros, alongside DMC 1-4 Getting ported.

• A better look at Dante, Trish, and Lady's new designs. Loving them.

Dante

Trish

Lady

Also, pre-order extras. I'm mixed about that one.

DMC5 Pre-order bonus

• I'm just gonna hate everyone's appearance in this game.

• @dmcmaster So V is a corpse explosion necromancer.
    Neat.

• @el-shmiablo
    If the leak continues to be true, yes

• alt text

This is in the deluxe edition.

• @a7x458 Hopefully, the deluxe edition is also physical. If so I'll tranfer my pre-order to it. I don't like this method of extra content, but I'll get it anyway just for the music pack. if it's digital only, I'll just stick with my pre-order that I have. Odds are all that stuff will be available as downloadable DLC in the future, and then they'll make a special edition of 5 with all of the extra content. Just like they did with Resident Evil 7.