Devil May Cry 5 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• Sorta a spoiler but so damn funny
    Youtube Video

• Just finished, others then the last boss fight feeling a bit too easy (thanks refilling DT and what seems like a 1.5x or 2x normal damage output, but the fight before that was damn near perfect

• Beat the game earlier this evening. Whooooooooh! WHAT A FINISH! I won't spoil anything until later, but I do sooner, I will put a spoiler tag. Let's just say there were some plot points or twists where I freaking called it!

I am playing on Son of Sparda now, but I am taking a break. I'll add my thoughts later, so stay tuned for more details.

• So couple quick spoiler thoughts

Anyone else feel like theres like a level or two that was cut, like I was hoping for a Nero vs Virgil fight happen at like the mid point, before we fight him in the rather quick and anticlimactic 20th mission, where DT recovers super fast. I was also hoping for a bit more of Dante and Virgil's past being shown. Also anyone think Nero's DT look like something out of Onimusha?

Beyond those little things overall I'm satisfied with the game and will be jumping into Son of Sparda once work is done for the week.

Also curious to see where the franchise will go after this. Although maybe they'll revisit the canceled DMC PSP game idea for a potential prequel (Something that would of involved Sparda, that's all that's known)

• DUDE... V

• Son of Sparda stream, spoiler in it
    Youtube Video

• @dmcmaster you could use a spoiler tag, that's like one of the best moments in the game

• I need to watch a video on Dante, because he just isn't clicking with me like Nero did, and now I've hit a humongous brick wall. That or just restart the game with that fight in mind and be really stingey with my gold orbs.

• I just beat the game. I played on easy mode, which was probably a mistake. One thing that became rather frustrating for me was how often the game would pause the action for a cutscene, both story cutscenes and the level-preview type cutscenes. This became rather draining pretty quickly. I really enjoyed the combat and kept wanting to get back into the action. After beating the game, I am now playing on Son of Sparda mode, which already seems like a big improvement as battles seem to last longer and there are more enemy types in the battles.

For those who have played through the game on both easy and normal: how great is the difference between these modes?

• Played Normal and now about halfway thru a SoS play thru.
    I'd say it's a pretty nice jump up, especially since there are some situations where your tackling enemies you didn't normally encounter with certain characters. The high speed teleporting demon springing to mind as I only recall encountering it in Dante's mission's in normal. I also think I've seen some enemies use a few new attacks, that or I just didn't trigger them in normal.
    Also enemy health is upped a bit along with the number of enemies per encounter.

• Also fun fact if you taunt [Redacted] he taunts back

• This is the EX Taunt
    Youtube Video

• I have another question regarding how people are playing Nero:

When Nero, how often is everyone using the "Exceed" power? Do you use it constantly in a battle? Sometimes it feels like I just constantly press the exceed button along with pressing the sword attack button. I haven't been able to get the timing down correctly I guess.

• @holographics I use it often. My timing isn't always perfect, but I can pull it off about 75% of the time. I do know it's easier to pull off compared to 4 (the special edition made it slightly easier). I highly recommend using void mode to practice your timing. It's still helping me.

• @brawlman
    Yeah the timing is way easier now, and for the better I think. Also you can even do small revs in the middle of swings now and "run & rev" now. Making the Exceed abilities easier to pull off which then means you can incorporate them more frequently into combat

• Just finished it yesterday. Man is it a great game. Arsenal is so wide and combat is just amazing with a lot of depth. Since I had 100k of red orbs at beginning thanks to deluxe version, I just upgraded Exceed to full with Max-Act. It is really easy to pull off compared to DMC4. I should've tried some moves in the void because I had trouble executing some because I couldn't find the right timing.
    I could easily see Jones having not too much trouble beating it if he's playing it.
    @DMCMaster because of the hair right? had the same vibes

• If it is like 4, you should be using Exceed almost constantly.

• Apparently in the PC version [Redacted] has a fully playable move set

• @dmcmaster who?

• @Bigdude1
    You damn well know who