Devil May Cry 5 (XBO/PS4/PC)

• @bam541

LOOOOOOoool mobile.... sorry

• Just bought it, it's on sale on the EU PS Store.

I might not get to it immediately, still gotta finish FF VII, but probably next week.

It'll be my first DMC game so I'm curious how I'll like it.

• Incase no one saw it there's a new DLC arm for Nero that's free.

• @dmcmaster link?

• @tearju-engi
    PSN store or XBL
    Monkey Business

• Started playing it last night, it's my first Devil May Cry so the video recapping the story so far was very appreciated!

I played through the first couple chapters and I feel like I'm struggling with the controls, I can't reliably pull off the moves I want, but I'm still pushing through and getting decent marks. That's something I never liked in Bayonetta, completing a level and being slapped with a big "D" takes away the feeling of achievement, like I didn't really win. But I'll get over it. Having the Void to practice is a very cool feature and I'll make use of it to improve.

The story and banter is enjoyable, although I find the voice of Nico very odd, like her accent is forced and inconsistent, also much deeper than her appearance would suggest. is it just me?

But I can tell it's gonna be a fun ride. The first boss fight was great (although I'm not sure I was fighting him the "right" way), and I'm intrigued with where the story's gonna go!

• @axel You'll get better with practice. The flaw with how you gain style points is worse compared to past games. Style points are based on a cumulative score scale for whatever reason. Also, certain enemies are worth more style points than the others. For example if you got a consistent SSS in one section, but only got to an A, it will hurt your overall average. Why they decided to do it this way is beyond me and really stupid. Some fights with regular enemies, if possible, you are better off skipping or avoiding altogether to maintain your high average.

• Other than the spectacular presentation I was kind of disappointed with this game. Good just not great.