DOOM Eternal (PS4/XBO/PC/NS)

• Youtube Video

Best announcement this year!. Sequel to game of the gen.

• Hype!

I would like to formally thank iD for naming this "Doom Eternal" and not "Doom 2: Hell on Earth". With a non-recycled name, no confusion will be created when reading future discussions and doing google/youtube searches, and the original Doom 2 gets to retain the full respect and dignity it deserves.

• Eternal hell on earth baby!

• Youtube Video

just watched it. GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!

gotta love new open earth enviroment, dash mehchanic, graple on demon.

• I was feeling pretty skeptical before this just because i got bored of Doom 2016 halfway through and didn't finish it, but man that gameplay was top notch, can't wait for this game now. That hookshot Shotgun is 10/10!

• Looks like more DOOM. Of course I'm in. I don't like the grapple though, not from the video at least. In practice I might change my mind, but it just doesn't look as intuitive as Bulletstorm's leash which I compare it to

• @sheria said in DOOM Eternal (PS4/XBO/PC):

Looks like more DOOM. Of course I'm in. I don't like the grapple though, not from the video at least. In practice I might change my mind, but it just doesn't look as intuitive as Bulletstorm's leash which I compare it to

People can fly really make bulletstorm 2. Bulletstorm was really good.

• Youtube Video

Another gameplay shown later. Doom slayer is so badass i mean when he went to UAC. everyone got scared. gotta love how he hang someone ID card to open the door and how he took a gun from a guard.

• @black-cell said in DOOM Eternal (PS4/XBO/PC):

@sheria said in DOOM Eternal (PS4/XBO/PC):

Looks like more DOOM. Of course I'm in. I don't like the grapple though, not from the video at least. In practice I might change my mind, but it just doesn't look as intuitive as Bulletstorm's leash which I compare it to
    Bulletstorm was really good.

As more of a console gamer and not PC last gen, yes, I thought I was really good. Even when not point hunting, it allowed for a lot of speed and freedom from the player. I just hope they don't make the grapple here so precise, because that's the initial impression from the trailer. I know I should be hating on any form of auto-adjust, but I just don't really play on PC anymore.

@black-cell said in DOOM Eternal (PS4/XBO/PC):

As more of a console gamer and not PC last gen, yes, I thought I was really good. Even when not point hunting, it allowed for a lot of speed and freedom from the player. I just hope they don't make the grapple here so precise, because that's the initial impression from the trailer. I know I should be hating on any form of auto-adjust, but I just don't really play on PC anymore.

these games are meant to play on PC. the PC version they show later was much faster.

I will only buy PS4 if RDR2 will not release on PC because that also looking excellent.

these games are meant to play on PC. the PC version they show later was much faster.

I will only buy PS4 if RDR2 will not release on PC because that also looking excellent.

Best played on PC? sure. Please don't use the word 'meant' when it's not the case.

RDR2 is looking like your typical R* game through and through. You hate those...

Best played on PC? sure. Please don't use the word 'meant' when it's not the case.

RDR2 is looking like your typical R* game through and through. You hate those...

of course it meant to. i just couldnot imagine these games to play with controller. i tried but i couldnot.

I like original RDR alot. theres not enough western open world games. and RDR2 looks so detailed that i really want to play. althought i hate GTA games always.

of course it meant to. i just couldnot imagine these games to play with controller. i tried but i couldnot.

I like original RDR alot. theres not enough western open world games. and RDR2 looks so detailed that i really want to play. althought i hate GTA games always.

I'll live with M/K being the forethought. I hope you enjoy RDR2 though. I'll be grabbing It later myself, I'm overloaded with sandbox games and I find them so similar.

• more info

New suit
    The suit has a sword attachment and a grenade launcher/flamethrower attachment
    Super Shotgun has a grappling hook attachment called the Meat Hook
    Grapple demons like Scorpion but accelerate towards them versus pulling them to you
    Combat Shotgun has a full automatic alt fire mode
    SWORDS
    New weapon, the Ballista, shoots explosive bolts that can pin demons
    OG style Plasma Gun is back
    DOOM SLAYER has a dash and can swing from poles a la Assassin's Creed
    Extra life pickups?
    Invasions, take control of a demon and invade another player's game a la Dark Souls
    Non-demonized human npcs will be present
    Multiple locations, Earth and Phobos to name two
    New glory kills and demons
    Reimagined demons from the last game and from Classic Doom
    "Destructible demons" - demons will visually start losing bits of flesh and stuff as they take damage
    idSoft are building a "DOOM universe"
    Lots of lore
    Game runs on idTech 7

• @black-Cell

Lots of lore

Why?..

• The game looks pretty much more of the same, which is okay in my book. (Just platinumed the 2016 Doom a month ago.) The movement seems to be the one thing that has the most additions. Like mentioned, that dash move should make things feel nicely fast, and that grappling hook adds a whole new dimension to this. It seemed to grap demons from pretty far away, and then when you're in the air that leads to all kinds of acrobatic stunts. Cool stuff.

@black-Cell

Lots of lore

Why?..

its a good thing. i like the story and lore of Doom 2016.

they are creating Doom universe.

• @black-cell you need to update this threads title now. :)

Youtube Video

• Global Moderator

Bethesda have uploaded their own video

Youtube Video

Gotta say that at the start I was like, "ya it looks great but man are they going a bit slow" and then they showed the PC footage. I can't wait for this game! :D

• @yoshi Considering how terribly Wolf 2 runs on Switch, I don't think this is something to get overly excited about.